What E-Cig Most Resembles A Real Cigarette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanIPlayWithMadness

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Hollister,Ca.USA
My oldest sister has been smoking for almost 50 years. I managed to get her started on E-Cigarettes.

At the moment she's using a V2 kit and she's excited about the switch to E.

Here's the problem. For some reason she REALLY wants a new E-Cig that looks the most like a real cigarette.

This seemed very odd to me so I asked her why. She couldn't explain except to say that it "Feels weird" smoking something that looks so different from a real cig.

Anyways, maybe some of you could recommend a few brands and/or models for me? It would be a lot of help.

Thanks guys.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
I hear the NJoy Kings look a lot like a real cig and have a squishy carto just like an analog filter. They are really expensive though in the long run as they are disposables. Here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54alcGjSAlk

I'd have to agree...of the disposables I really liked the squishy tip you could bite down on from time to time or squeeze together with fingers as that's what I did with my analogs. When I compared what I was spending on disposables compared to analogs I started researching other longer lasting e-cigs as part of reason I moved over was because of frugality.

But that one probably was most realistic as compared to weight, look, and feel.

If you're just getting started there is absolutly nothing wrong with disposables...well even if are not getting started. As stated it was for money and flavor reasons that I eventually took the plunge off of disposables. I was still smoking a couple analogs a day when using disposables as well...but that period can vary as well.

Last edited:

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
The suggestion of the Njoy is the most like a real cig of any cigalike I tried rechargeable or disposable. That being said - I was a fairly light smoker - usually well under a PAD. The Njoy would last me half a day maybe...and that was at work with only a very short here and there break to even use it.

I did (long before I discovered ECF and better vapor producing/ battery life alternatives) call Njoy and inquire on their rechargable set up. Their customer service was super helpful, honest and pleasant. They did explain that the cartridges were completely different than those on the disposables. It was not the same type of liquid or flavor. I also have a V2 set and mostly stuck with that and a few other nameless cigalike batts that fit Blu cartridges until I upped the ante.

If she is open to it - let your sister know that where she is as far as size and the feel is about as good as it gets for cig a likes. I tried quite a few and V2 seems to be the better quality as far as cartridges/liquids go. The battery end - well that just sort of is what it is on those little buggers. Its not a cigarette and none of them FEEL like one. Some are a teensy bit closer albeit minimally different from what she has.

I do hear that the Flings by WhiteCloud are comparable to Njoy disposables with a bit longer of a battery life if she really wants something more expensive and a small smidgen lighter in weight.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
If she's already started with the V2...that is KR808d-1 threaded. To keep things simple, yet get a cig-a-like that actually LOOKS like a cig yet has good battery life and comes from a good company then maybe she ought to check out VaporSmiths. I am not an affiliate, nor do I benefit from suggesting them, but I do know from my early days that their cig-a-likes really do look like cigs, (especially the small version) and even their cartomizers are tan like a cig filter. Or they used to be. Not sure now...but figure they probably still are. Anyway it's worth a shot, and as a customer of theirs in the past, I'll vouch for them . Plus her V2 stuff will work with them! VaporSmiths The Best Electronic Cigarette Starter Kits at the lowest prices I will note that the light on the "burning end" of their batteries is blue...if that isn't a problem with the "realism" thing.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Your sister needs to learn and understand that using an e-cigarette is NOT smoking. With that information, why does she want her electronic nicotine vaporizer to look like a carcinogenic, cancer-causing, tobacco-filled coffin nail?

With her acceptance of an alternative form-factor, she will enable herself to acheive greater satisfaction with vaping.

Most cig-alikes last ~2hrs of average vaping. That's not adequate performance for most former smokers who lit stinkies all throughout the day from morning til night.

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
Your sister needs to learn and understand that using an e-cigarette is NOT smoking. With that information, why does she want her electronic nicotine vaporizer to look like a carcinogenic, cancer-causing, tobacco-filled coffin nail?

With her acceptance of an alternative form-factor, she will enable herself to acheive greater satisfaction with vaping.

Most cig-alikes last ~2hrs of average vaping. That's not adequate performance for most former smokers who lit stinkies all throughout the day from morning til night.

She's been smoking for 50 years. Not 50 days, not 5 years, FIFTY years. That is a long time to smoke and I can't imagine breaking a 50 year habit. Best of luck to you OP, that is going to be a battle.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
My oldest sister has been smoking for almost 50 years. I managed to get her started on E-Cigarettes.

At the moment she's using a V2 kit and she's excited about the switch to E.

Here's the problem. For some reason she REALLY wants a new E-Cig that looks the most like a real cigarette.

This seemed very odd to me so I asked her why. She couldn't explain except to say that it "Feels weird" smoking something that looks so different from a real cig.

Anyways, maybe some of you could recommend a few brands and/or models for me? It would be a lot of help.

Thanks guys.

Nothing odd about that at all, on the contrary, long time smokers are certainly not interested in making any show of an ecig, they just want to have their usual smoke and if they can get it cheaper or safer or more convenient its a no brainer; if on the other hand getting cheaper, safer and convenient by required holding a foot long, inch wide black stick, the awkwardness or novelty or attention can be a negative.

Just the notion of having to hold down a button on a battery is a big psychological obstacle for a long time smoker unless they are already trying to quit.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
She's been smoking for 50 years. Not 50 days, not 5 years, FIFTY years. That is a long time to smoke and I can't imagine breaking a 50 year habit. Best of luck to you OP, that is going to be a battle.

My Mom and Dad are 2 of my converts. They both smoked 50+ years. Mom uses a Boss 18650 and Dad uses a 18650 eGo. Just sayin. ;)

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
My Mom and Dad are 2 of my converts. They both smoked 50+ years. Mom uses a Boss 18650 and Dad uses a 18650 eGo. Just sayin. ;)

Glad to hear it, well done! To me, half a century of smoking is as much behavioral as it is a chemical/psychological addiction. I'm no expert, but I'm just saying starting in familiar territory isn't a terrible idea. Kudos to both you and the OP, sincerely.

Todd

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
My suggestion.
There is no reason why she needs to switch if she likes the V2's. You can get a variety of juice to refill the cartomizers she is already using. If that works you can get her something like the smallest variable volt twist and tell her it is something that she can try at home. Most beginners just want something that gives them the taste and feel of a cigarette but once they get used to vaping they often more open to trying different things In other words ease her into new experiences with vaping.

CanIPlayWithMadness

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Hollister,Ca.USA
Thank you everyone for some awesome recommendations. I never could have found all of these without spending hours and hours of searching online.

I'm hoping that she gets over this "I feel odd smoking this weird looking thingamajiggy." Because almost all of the E-Cigs that look like real cigs tend to have very poor battery's.

One of the thing that I loved about my new MVP2 is that the battery is freaking 2600 mAh and one charge lasts me ONE FULL WEEK. Before the MVP2 I had a Pure Smoke disposable (Which I believe is one of the best disposables for the price.) But you had to charge it once a day.

But again, thank you guys. You're great. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread