What E-Cig Most Resembles A Real Cigarette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Disposable = njoy Bold (stay away from their rechargable) Chargable = Eroll... do high flavor tobacco and/or menthol in it and do fruits and desserts in bigger setups that aren't like ecigs as they lend the strongest flavoring tastes. But the Eroll has the powerful hit of any 3.7 volt with a very close-to-smokes size. I use them when I want a smoke and use my Ego big batts with the same atty for when I want vape-style desserts and fruit.

Last edited:

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
Just the notion of having to hold down a button on a battery is a big psychological obstacle for a long time smoker unless they are already trying to quit.

Agreed when went from disposables to ecig I constantly found myself sucking and not holding the button. Do that once or twice and you realize nothing is happening and then remember to push the button. Did that 3-4 times a day for about 1-2 weeks. You eventually get used to it and now it's second nature for the most part but still do from time to time.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I know some people get really hung up on the "must look like a cigarette" matter. I don't know what the capacity of the V2 batteries is, but at least caution you sister that any cigalike size thing is going to need constant recharging and that gets real tired, real fast. The average run time between charges for a 150 mAh cigalike battery is going to be somewhere between 45 - 90 minutes. Tops.

If she still insists on going there see if you can talk her into something like the Kanger E-smart instead. It's not much larger than a cigalike, but has 320 mAh batteries - which will be a hell of a lot less annoying. Example here. It looks huge in photos, but it isn't. It's quite tiny. Kanger E-Smart Starter Kit - Sun-Vapers.com

Good Prophets may have it in more color choices. Also, I've only seen it in the 510 version, but it is available with 808 threading too.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Disposable = Njoy Bold (stay away from their rechargable) Chargable = Eroll... do high flavor tobacco and/or menthol in it and do fruits and desserts in bigger setups that aren't like ecigs as they lend the strongest flavoring tastes. But the Eroll has the powerful hit of any 3.7 volt with a very close-to-smokes size. I use them when I want a smoke and use my Ego big batts with the same atty for when I want vape-style desserts and fruit.

I still don't get this part. In what way is it the most powerful of the 3.7volt cigalikes? What have you compared it against?

Dawnbella seems to try everything tiny that exists and she has posted she has found some that small that out perform it.

I think the people saying it is the most powerful of the 3.7's are only comparing it to two or three batteries and have not tried a wide variety.

If it was the most powerful of the 3.7 regulated cigalikes and with it's really small size there is no way I would be giving away the 4 that I have.

I will still say the eRoll is the absolute worst product I have bought since after my first month out here.

Last edited:

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
While I've never tried the eroll by Joye. I do like the concept. It has a charger case that is similar size to a cell phone. That way one is charging in your pocket while you are using the other. And it uses ego style atomizer heads.

I said before, this is the one I would get if I wanted to use a cig-a-like. And it has an auto battery that isn't affected by loud noises. So you could use it Hunter S. Thompson style.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
While I've never tried the eroll by Joye. I do like the concept. It has a charger case that is similar size to a cell phone. That way one is charging in your pocket while you are using the other. And it uses ego style atomizer heads.

I said before, this is the one I would get if I wanted to use a cig-a-like. And it has an auto battery that isn't affected by loud noises. So you could use it Hunter S. Thompson style.

But how could you know until you have tried one and compared it side by side with the competing products? I have bought a few products that didn't meet expectations but this is the only one that I am I can say I absolutely hate.

Last edited:

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
But how could you know until you have tried one and compared it side by side with the competing products?

You are somewhat right on this point since I haven't used one.

I've used the same ego atty heads before, that the eroll uses. And based on reviews the battery seems good. My main concern is always having a vape at hand. So having a portable charger in pocket with having two ecigs and one is charging while the other is being used makes it pretty good.

I know a lot of cig-a-like batteries have to charge at home. What other cig-a-likes have a portable battery charger? I know that there are others that do.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I still don't get this part. In what way is it the most powerful of the 3.7volt cigalikes? What have you compared it against?

Dawnbella seems to try everything tiny that exists and she has posted she has found some that small that out perform it.

I think the people saying it is the most powerful of the 3.7's are only comparing it to two or three batteries and have not tried a wide variety.

If it was the most powerful of the 3.7 regulated cigalikes and with it's really small size there is no way I would be giving away the 4 that I have.

I will still say the eRoll is the absolute worst product I have bought since after my first month out here.

Getting past your opinion of the eRoll and moving on to the technical point: Cigalike batteries are unregulated voltage. That's why you see so many complaints about Blu starting out great on a fresh charge and going "meh" after about 20 draws. On tiny cigalike batteries the voltage dropoff happens pretty fast. The Joyetech 510 cigalike batteries aren't much better. At least the eRoll can provide a consistent, regulated voltage experience throughout it's run time - whether you care for the experience or not.

Last edited:

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Getting past your opinion of the eRoll and moving on to the technical point: Cigalike batteries are unregulated voltage. That's why you see so many complaints about Blu starting out great on a fresh charge and going "meh" after about 20 draws. On tiny cigalike batteries the voltage dropoff happens pretty fast. The Joyetech 510 cigalike batteries aren't much better. At least the eRoll can provide a consistent, regulated voltage experience throughout it's run time - whether you care for the experience or not.

First not all of them are unregulated. Next all of the unregulated ones do not have the same discharge pattern. I don't like the Joyetech 510 batteries myself and will not own anymore. I got rid of them. I for one don't think the Blu is that great fresh off the charger.

Have you looked at various discharge patterns or sat with a desk full of batteries and cartomizers and tested them side by side. I am just curious when people make the claim it is the best what they have sat down and compared it to side by side. If they are comparing it to Blu and Joye 510's it is going to look good but they is a long way from being the best.

It has been described as the hardest hitting, that isn't so. Panda's hit harder and they are a regulated 3.7 from the time it is off the charger to the time it is drained as will another regulated one I have and those are far from the best, SI's are also regulated now. There is an unregulated one that after an hour it still hits harder and hits harder until it dies.

ecig1.jpg

This is just the tip of the ice berg but the only thing an eRoll hits harder than in this photo is the Blu and V2. This just happens to be what was in my desk drawer. In terms of the weakest of what I have tried so far the weakest four would be Blu, Joye510, eRoll, V2 (starts ok but fades fast).

I have spent the last six months trying to find the most potent of the breed while DawnBella has been trying to find the best of the smallest. She has run across things that out perform it as well. So far I have only found one that uses a high drain battery with a good C rating.

I am convinced what most people are only digging up numbers and specifications on the larger stuff. I think almost no one is doing side by side comparisons and just declaring something best.

Purely by the numbers and at a technical point. It cannot be the hardest hitting when there is a high drain in the cigalike catagory. Purely by the numbers it would be impossible for it to compete with this.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...apor-titan-king-diamond-tech-info-review.html

This is holding above 4v for an hour. This is not just dropping off after a little use, it quits at 3.7 and this is at 2.3 ohms.

It is also can carry as many amps safetly as an eGo twist. It can maintain voltage above 3.7 for 45 minutes at 1.5ohms.

By the numbers it is physically impossible for the eRoll to play in this league.

1. There are other regulated ones out there. They are not all unregulated.
2. There is at least one high drain out there that can take the amps and hold voltage above 4v for quite some time.
3. I don't see many doing side by side tests and comparisons. Just declarations of what is the hardest hitting.
4. I think it would be risky to try and pull 2amps on an eRoll but there is a cigalike that can pull 2.5 amps.

Last edited:

CanIPlayWithMadness

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Hollister,Ca.USA
any cigalike size thing is going to need constant recharging and that gets real tired, real fast.

Totally and it's a huge pain in the .... She doesn't like it either. I think that i'll use that talking point to hopefully change her mind.

I'm always bragging that my Innokin MVP2 will go three or more days without a charging. :thumb:

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
As far as size comparison, the NJoy King is the same size and closest in feel to a cigarette. The Colibri Nano/Micro is also the same size as a cigarette, and may work well with a PCC. After that comes the eRoll, then the J108 model (the only modern version I know of is the Sidesho at Modern Vapor), and then the Joye 306. As far as a performance standpoint, I have no clue. I've only ever tried the Sidesho when it comes to cig-alikes.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread