What is the best device for dripping on an MVP v2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
Right now I'm using an IGO-L...they run about $15-17 in the USA for the "original" -- less if you get a clone from some place like fast tech..
The IGO-W is basically the same as the -L, but it has 3 posts for connecting coil(s) - 2 "negative" terminals..
I'm running 2.0 ohm coils on my -L --- you CAN wind and use sub-ohm coils.... but NOT with the MVP v2!!
Both the IGO-L and -W provide a good amount of work space for installing the coil/wick assembly...and the -W also allows the coil wire(s) to pass through the posts, rather than wound around them...
Both are well-built...some like to drill out the air hole a bit for a more airy draw...but it's a personal thing that YOU may find unnecessary....
IMHO.....dripping is the ONLY way to let the REAL flavor(s) of Boba's Bounty shine!!:D
Happy (vaping) Trails!

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Perhaps if you searched for "RBA and MVP" you will get plenty of posts or people's favorites.

Any RBA or Genny should work as they all have 510 threading, which will attach properly, tho not necessarily attractive without the use of a beauty ring.

There are several "clone" RBA's that are inexpensive.

my IGO-L wont hit the center pin on my MVP 2...so i guess i'm gonna break out the file and knock the MVP down a notch. my Protank wouldn't reach at first either, somehow hooked up. the IGO fires on my MVP 1 - i just don't know what my resistance is as i don't have a meter and was expecting to use the MVP 2 for that...other suggestions for a center pin hit??

Right now I'm using an IGO-L...they run about $15-17 in the USA for the "original" -- less if you get a clone from some place like Fast Tech..
The IGO-W is basically the same as the -L, but it has 3 posts for connecting coil(s) - 2 "negative" terminals..
I'm running 2.0 ohm coils on my -L --- you CAN wind and use sub-ohm coils.... but NOT with the MVP v2!!
Both the IGO-L and -W provide a good amount of work space for installing the coil/wick assembly...and the -W also allows the coil wire(s) to pass through the posts, rather than wound around them...
Both are well-built...some like to drill out the air hole a bit for a more airy draw...but it's a personal thing that YOU may find unnecessary....
IMHO.....dripping is the ONLY way to let the REAL flavor(s) of Boba's Bounty shine!!:D
Happy (vaping) Trails!

Hey there, quick question for u regarding your post above. I bought a MVP v1 a while back when I was new and shortly after I got into mechanical mods and have stayed there since. Currently using a Grand Vapor Private V2 with a dripper and low ohm dual coils, but I've always wanted to use my MVP because I still love the look of it and the features. I don't get great Vapes with the MVP and carto tanks, they're good but not great, and clearo's work well but I'd like to change juices more frequently (ie: dripping), so I just bought a cheap IGO-W to try to build some coils on it that would do well with the MVP.

So far I've used some 28g kanthol and wrapped some different single coils and even tried a "trico-coil" from a YouTube video and all were around 1ohm - 1.3/1.4ohm. I just picked up some 30g kanthol to hopefully build some higher ohm coils because im still not getting a vape that I'm satisfied with in terms of flavor. U said you've made some 2ohm coils? Are u building them in a specific way? Do u suggest any specific coil build or ohm level to use in a RDA that may work well with the MVP?

Thanks much

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I've been using my aurora and agi on my mvp.

Attachments

• 2013103195175504.jpg
    2013103195175504.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 2013103195181530.jpg
    2013103195181530.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 55

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
Hey there, quick question for u regarding your post above. I bought a MVP v1 a while back when I was new and shortly after I got into mechanical mods and have stayed there since. Currently using a Grand Vapor Private V2 with a dripper and low ohm dual coils, but I've always wanted to use my MVP because I still love the look of it and the features. I don't get great Vapes with the MVP and carto tanks, they're good but not great, and clearo's work well but I'd like to change juices more frequently (ie: dripping), so I just bought a cheap IGO-W to try to build some coils on it that would do well with the MVP.

So far I've used some 28g kanthol and wrapped some different single coils and even tried a "trico-coil" from a YouTube video and all were around 1ohm - 1.3/1.4ohm. I just picked up some 30g kanthol to hopefully build some higher ohm coils because im still not getting a vape that I'm satisfied with in terms of flavor. U said you've made some 2ohm coils? Are u building them in a specific way? Do u suggest any specific coil build or ohm level to use in a RDA that may work well with the MVP?

Thanks much
The 2.0 ohm coils I'm using were pre-wound...and INDIVIDUALLY checked for resistance BEFORE FIRING!!
They're NICHROME wire...NOT kanthal, BTW.....
I've got some 30ga. kanthal on the way from Temco....and I'll try my arthritic hands at building at some point....but I'm very pleased with the results I'm getting with these pre-builts!! For $1 each - and ALL measuring dead-on @ 2.0 ohms - I'm good with that!!:D
Happy (vaping) Trails!
PS....using 30ga. kanthal, try 9-10 wraps on a 1/16" drill bit....MEASURE RESISTANCE BEFORE FIRING!! It SHOULD be pretty close to 2.0 ohms... (Info from Super-X, an ECF member who has posted RELIABLE coil-building info here!!!)
PPS: The 2 ohm pre-builts I have are from Avid Vaper.....

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
I've been having good results with a Smok Scar dual-coil RDA on my MVP 2. It's very inexpensive, is tool-less (uses thumbscrews to secure the coil leads), and looks great on the MVP -- almost a flush fit with the beauty ring installed. The only downsides are that the brushed (matte) finish on the RDA doesn't match the shinier MVP beauty ring, and the small diameter can get a little tight with dual-coil setups. I've only tried a dual-coil setup a couple of times (I'm new to rebuildables and want to get more experience with single-coil setups first) and it's been working great.

Some say the airflow is lacking on the Scar with only one small inlet at the bottom of the unit (which is split internally to two air outlets directly underneath where you install the coils). Since I've been concentrating on single-coil setups it has been working well for me as stock. Maybe I'll drill another inlet in the future if there isn't enough airflow for dual-coil setups.

I'll post a pic of the Scar on my MVP when I get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread