IMG_1584.JPG
    The Berserker Mini MTL.

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither

When the Pico's came out (2016) my four saw fairly regular use off and on for maybe a year and a half plus before they were retired. But my Provari run was short lived, about 6 months from the fall of 2013 to early 2014 when I retired them and all their endless accessories. I liked the Pico's, and even used them for my wee hours of the night errand runs 2-3 times a week. Even had a custom car carrier cup made special for two of them. But in the end I couldn't say the same for the later. (In fact two of the three 'special ones' were never used, and the third one saw almost no use as well.) They just didn't get it done for me (nor did PV).
    picopatrol.jpg PV.jpg

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    I've heard Wismec aren't that great @lostbladder, but they're better than SMOK.

But you should be able to get a replacement Legend and Double Barrel, as they're not fit for purpose and have failed within 6 months. And lean on the retailer or retailers, they're the ones that have sold you inherently faulty goods.

But for working mods I have Lost Vape Drone BF DNA250C, SXmini SL Class, Smoant Battlestar, Smoant Battlestar Mini, Vaporesso Switcher, Vaporesso Luxe, Voopoo Argus GT, Freemax Maxus 100W and Steam Crave Hadron in the collection.

Apart from the occasional bit of errata now and again, none have had any serious issues.

Haven't got round to the Hadron, Argus GT and Maxus 100W yet. But I'm looking forward to using the Hadron with the Squonk backpack, it uses a tried and trusted YiHi chipset and they're kind of built like a tank.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    I've got small hands.
    We seem to get posts like this every now and then and I'm always puzzled. I've been vaping for 8+ years and the only mods I've ever had die were internal battery mods. And it wasn't because they were badly built. The battery just eventually gave out, which is to be expected. And I don't buy expensive mods. I have plenty of Wismecs, picos, isticks, kangers and others that are still going strong after several years. My old Vamo v2s even work to this day. So I would suggest that it may not be the quality of the mods that is the problem.

And oddly in posts like these the person has never dropped any mods, with the only accident being the mod fell over on it's side.

I, on the other hand, have accidentally booted, slapped mods off tables, kicked one off of the third floor of a parking garage while drunk after watching the GoGos farewell tour, and they all still work.

Last edited:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    All you need is the one:thumb:
    I thought I best collect 50 myself though;)

That’s a little extreme. I only need 30 or so. Maybe a few more than that just because I wanted the colors.

They have a good sale going, 60% off.

asMODus Delivering High End Vape Mods in Stabilized Wood

I got a couple more Lustros for 20 something dollars. Can’t beat that with a stick. Those are one of my fave dual battery mods ever, and I didn’t think I’d like them because of the odd shape and not so great reviews, but they’re a great vape, easy menu, and tough. I’ve dropped them, had tank leaks, nothing seems to faze them.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Lustros are the bomb they are my favorite Asmodus product and I own a ton of them for a non fan girl. It just sort of happened. I blame Vapor ranage, actually. I don't know if they got crates of them that fell off a truck or what. Oh I have lots of other mods.

I had a Wismec tank once. It did not last long but I was using ego mega one coils in it so go figure...

Anna

Reactions: DPLongo22

Myrany

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    And oddly in posts like these the person has never dropped any mods, with the only accident being the mod fell over on it's side.

I, on the other hand, have accidentally booted, slapped mods off tables, kicked one out of the third floor of a parking garage while drunk after watching the GoGos farewell tour, and they all still work.

I have small hands and arthritis but nonetheless my most common mod accident is a domino like crapalanche on my desk where I bump one of the mods on my desk and it knocks over the next, which knocks over the next, etc. LOL

Reactions: Jebbn

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Wismec 3 Battery? No good. Breaks within a year without dropping. Replicated on two mods.

Wismec 2/3 mod? Yet again, poor manufacturing. Wires not soldered properly. Almost lasted a year.

Squid Industries Double-Barrel? Craps out after 1 month without any damage. Wont turn on.

GeekVape Aegis Legend? 2 months and not reading the batteries right. Never so much as tipped over on my desk.

SMOK? Had more than I can count or bother to recall the exact models, but every one busted within a year.

None of them seem true to their warranties either. They make it as tedious a process as possible. I haven't tried with the Aegis Legend yet, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's probably more of the same.

At this point, I am convinced that I have spent more money on mods than I have on juice. These mods are all made like crap. I don't want to spend $80 every few months to get a new mod. I just want to vape for gods sake.

Has anyone had a mod that has lasted them over a year? What kind was it? I've asked this before and that's what led me to the Double-Barrel and the Aegis Legend. Both have failed on me even sooner than my previous attempts.
    I think it was the legend I heard had a battery issue. There are fixes on YouTube I’ve seen.

But my aegis solo I’ve used for over a year and it’s still going strong. I had one innokin coolfire IV mod with a built in battery that lasted just over five years with daily exclusive use. It’s an older mod though and I’d go for a solo if I was in the market for more mods.

Reactions: stols001

Dudeman

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 28, 2009
    New Bedford, MA
    The term "Made in China" comes with negative connotations for reasons.

That said, I've had 3 mods fail in 11+ years vaping.
    China clone of vaporflask BF. Just died after a couple months.
    Joyetech eVic VTC screen died. Mod still works. (Was a couple years old when the screen went out)
    Joyetech eVic VTwo 510 connector stripped out in under a year. Took board out and made an ugly squonker. Still works.

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info

I, on the other hand, have accidentally booted, slapped mods off tables, kicked one out of the third floor of a parking garage while drunk after watching the GoGos farewell tour, and they all still work.
    between my autoimmune disorders leaving me with no strength in my hands, arthritis making it difficult to grasp things and if I twist my wrists just right I lose all control of my hands.... I've dropped my mods more times than I can count....my poor isticks I even put a lanyard on them so I couldn't drop them because I did drop them that many times...and I don't just mean oh no I dropped them onto the padded carpeted floor, no no...I mean dropped them onto the concrete sidewalk/parking spot....
    but yet they still working just fine (aside from the isticks but they were several years old before they crapped out, one the battery went out on the other the 510 which was I'm fairly sure due to a faulty rda)
    aegis takes a beating and keeps on ticking, just some chipped paint off of the buttons and skelton

I agree with Mordacai, if the mods are under a few months they should still be under warranty either through the seller or the manufacture...

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    I've only been using mods rather than all in ones since October of last year but in that time I've been lucky enough to only have two mods that have gone to crap both of them within the first 31 days of ownership both of them sigelei. The manufacturer warranty did in fact go through without a hitch though I did have to pay to send it to them they paid to send it back to me. It's worth a try with the manufacturer's warranty if you're within it and you bought it from a licensed dealer. Your results will vary but I think it's worth it as long as the value of the mod is more than the shipping cost

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread