With this many members we should be able to hit the petition goal! What's up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jourelem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
mira loma, CA.
alright guys we have this many total Members 115,012 and this many Active Members 15,357

if we can't hit the petition goal...we suck as a community. c'mon guys, just sign it, won't take more than 5 minutes of your lives.

if we fail, everyones gonna be complaining when the FDA regulates our ecigs, juices...EVERYTHING! so get to it if you want things to stay relatively as they are...

PLEASE????

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...igarettes-accessories-and-associated/RQLBYRsd

John Top

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2010
Amelia, OH
This forum has been around for many years. A good portion of the members may be folks like me who were disappointed at the struggle and cost of ecigs back then compared to what is available now. It was either buy 2-3 510 kits if you didn't like dripping (seemed like few-and-far between,) and go buy a crap-ton of tea so you could make a mess and give up e-cigs in disappointment. Cartos were just starting to become a "thing" when I gave it up the first time, and flavors wern't as "rock your world" as they are now.

It'd be interesting to see if there's a way to track members who have not logged on in years and send them an e-mail to stop by and check out the changes in the technology and legislation.

bobbybilly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Chicago
Ok, I think I may have heard something about these type of petitions, but since my brain is foggy on it can someone explain what the goal of this petition is? I know the obvious part is trying to protect our right to vape, but what I mean is what is expected to happen once that magical number of signatures is reached. That's the part I think I'm vaguely aware of, and if it's what I think it is then I'll be happy to sign it. Thanks in advance.

bobbybilly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Chicago
To be certain, ask those family members who care for you to sign this petition too!! These regulations are going to effect more than just us. We all have family who dont want the stinkies bank in our lives!!!

That seems so obvious now that you've said it, but I have to admit I never would have thought of that. Thanks for the words of wisdom!

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
Ok, I think I may have heard something about these type of petitions, but since my brain is foggy on it can someone explain what the goal of this petition is? I know the obvious part is trying to protect our right to vape, but what I mean is what is expected to happen once that magical number of signatures is reached. That's the part I think I'm vaguely aware of, and if it's what I think it is then I'll be happy to sign it. Thanks in advance.

Did you read the petition? Even if we get the required sigs, there is no guarantee that any good will come of it. This will be the second petition to get to the White House, This time with 25000 strong. Our voices need to be heard. This is a matter of freedoms. I dont expect Obama to step in and say "you know what vape your heart out". What I do expect is for the FDA to procede in a reasonable manner. One that will allow the life of vaping to continue as it does while overseeing the obvious legit concerns. ThaT is not their agenda as we stand. That needs to change. Thats what the fight means to me. I think everyone could have a different view.

bobbybilly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Chicago
Did I read the petition? If the petition was on the page that the OPs link took me to then yes I did read it and agree with it. I am in favor of this type thing I just personally don't want to get sucked into every petition that people float around online. I just prefer that my efforts stand a chance of being heard by somebody that can actually influence the outcome of public issues I'm concerned about. Once somebody can tell me what will happen once the magic number of 25,000 signatures is achieved then if it's what I think it is I'll be happy to sign it. Trust me when I say you won't find anybody who believes less than me that the government is just wanting to do what's best for me or anybody else who's not one of the wealthy elite who get to make the laws and regulations. I'm pretty sure I will be signing it, but not before I find out the answer to that one question. Sorry if that irritates anybody, because I'm not trying to argue I'm just trying to be a little better informed before I sign it.

Last edited:

bobbybilly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Chicago
By the way I do realize that the petition will in no way force anybody in the government to do anything so that's not what I'm wanting to hear before I sign it. However, I do think there is a specific thing that the 25,000 signatures will trigger if it's what I'm thinking of and that's what I'm wanting to verify before I sign it. Hopefully that makes a little more sense.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
By the way I do realize that the petition will in no way force anybody in the government to do anything so that's not what I'm wanting to hear before I sign it. However, I do think there is a specific thing that the 25,000 signatures will trigger if it's what I'm thinking of and that's what I'm wanting to verify before I sign it. Hopefully that makes a little more sense.

It will trigger a response. Nobody can say what that response is. I dont expect much of it at all. What I do know is it is a small way to stand together with fellow vapers and Americans to fight for what you believe in. If you dont agree with the petition then dont sign, If you do then sign. Come next year if I am smoking marlboros because we loose this battle at least I know I tried.

bobbybilly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Chicago
It will trigger a response. Nobody can say what that response is. I dont expect much of it at all. What I do know is it is a small way to stand together with fellow vapers and Americans to fight for what you believe in. If you dont agree with the petition then dont sign, If you do then sign. Come next year if I am smoking marlboros because we loose this battle at least I know I tried.

First off let me apologize for making you work so hard at getting me what I needed to hear. I wasn't trying to be a pain and I appreciate your patience. You've probably come as close as I'm going to read to the answer I was looking for. Sometime in the past I read something about a government website where average people could start petitions to the government and if a certain number of signatures were obtained then the government would be forced to publicly reply to them.

I didn't want to spell that out since I didn't want somebody with great intentions telling me what I wanted to hear if they weren't sure if that was the case. Since I couldn't remember the name of the website I wasn't sure if this petition was on that website. Yep, I know that the site sure looks legit and official, has a "gov" ending the URL and all, but I also know that not everything on the internet is as it appears and people put up spoof sites all the time for various reasons.

So my next order of business will be after posting this reply I'm off to sign the petition. I don't expect the government to listen to us, but sometimes even they surprise us. It can't hurt and at least I can say I've done what I could.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Sometime in the past I read something about a government website where average people could start petitions to the government and if a certain number of signatures were obtained then the government would be forced to publicly reply to them.
Yes, this is that website, and that is what 25,000 signatures will trigger.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread