Zmax, Evic Supreme or Provari 2.5 or 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat Eyez

ECF Veteran
Ok, so I've had some odd issues with my Evic. Each time I went upgrade it on MVR, it died, or went into safe mode, either way I was never able to get it back working. So now I'm down an APV and desperate to get it replaced ASAP! Only problem is since this was an unforeseen event, I wasn't really planning on a new APV purchase so im just not sure how comfortable I am with spending a ton. That being said, I certainly do not want to get screwed again and spend $100+ and be without a mod 6 no from now so what to go for?… price , quality or features? Im really liking the look of the provari 3 (the flat top instead of rounded) but DAMN thats a lot of $! Im liking the price of the provari 2.5 a bit more but I don't want the second best thing. I've never had a provari and know very little about them. So I'm not sure what other differences the 3 offers that the 2.5 doesn't . Then u hv the fact that its not upgradable like the evic so even the provari 3 will be outdated soon, right? That was one of my favorite things about the evic, the fact that I could update it so I didn't hv to buy a new device every so often firmware was updated. Sorry for all the randomness and rambling on this post, as u all can tell, I'm mega confused on all fronts. I like the prices of the vamo, but again, never used one so don't know much about it except its VV/VW. I like the quality and warrenty of the provari, and the upgrade capability of the evic or evic supreme . I basically know nothing about the vamo, zmax, or provari so forgive my lack of knowledge. Can anyone out there help me decide and tell me what each offers or doesn't. Pros and cons and if I've left another APV out that u think I'd like?

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Ok, so I've had some odd issues with my Evic. Each time I went upgrade it on MVR, it died, or went into safe mode, either way I was never able to get it back working. So now I'm down an APV and desperate to get it replaced ASAP! Only problem is since this was an unforeseen event, I wasn't really planning on a new APV purchase so im just not sure how comfortable I am with spending a ton. That being said, I certainly do not want to get screwed again and spend $100+ and be without a mod 6 no from now so what to go for?… price , quality or features? Im really liking the look of the provari 3 (the flat top instead of rounded) but DAMN thats a lot of $! Im liking the price of the provari 2.5 a bit more but I don't want the second best thing. I've never had a provari and know very little about them. So I'm not sure what other differences the 3 offers that the 2.5 doesn't . Then u hv the fact that its not upgradable like the evic so even the provari 3 will be outdated soon, right? That was one of my favorite things about the evic, the fact that I could update it so I didn't hv to buy a new device every so often firmware was updated. Sorry for all the randomness and rambling on this post, as u all can tell, I'm mega confused on all fronts. I like the prices of the vamo, but again, never used one so don't know much about it except its VV/VW. I like the quality and warrenty of the provari, and the upgrade capability of the evic or evic supreme . I basically know nothing about the vamo, zmax, or provari so forgive my lack of knowledge. Can anyone out there help me decide and tell me what each offers or doesn't. Pros and cons and if I've left another APV out that u think I'd like?

I have two Smok Zmax's and a Sigelei Zmax Mini and although they are good little inexpensive devices, they aren't even in the same league as the Provaris. If you decide on a Zmax, Movavapes is having a good sale on the Sigelei Zmax V3 telescopic or the Zmax Mini (both $25).Lowest blow out prices available

If I were looking for a tube mod and cost is a consideration, I'd also consider the Innokin SVD 2.0: https://originvape.com/product/innokin-itaste-svd-2-0-starter-kit/ The legit Evolv DNA chip in it is very accurate and has step down capability...at $60 it's hard to beat if you don't mind the size and your vaping style aligns with its 20w limit. I assume it might since you are considering the 15w Zmax and the 20w P3.

I can't comment on the Provari, but I do think the price point is too high. From everything I've heard it's a great device, but if I'm spending $250 on a mod, I want a minimum of 40-60 watts and a three button user interface that doesn't rely on a scrolling menu system. The Vapor Shark rDNA40 and YiHi SXMini are cheaper and offer excellent/comparable build quality and unique features for less money...but they are box mods.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
The flat top style of the Provari 3 looks a lot like the earlier Sigelei Zmax V3 and V5 flat top. There is a very long thread on Sigelei V3 and V5 that covers just about every aspect of these rigs, including repair tips for tech inclined vapers.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...igelei-zmax-v3-v5-telescopic-users-group.html

I am very happy with my two Sigelei Zmax V3s and one V5. One is almost three years old and the newest is almost a year old. All still work perfectly. I did a repair myself (switch replacement) on one of them.

Here are a couple of current hot deals...

Sigelei ZMAX TeleScope V5

Sigelei Zmax V3 Telescopic Variable Volt / Watt Mod - Silver, Stainless Steel, 1x18350/18500/18650 - 3FVape

The stainless steel finished Sigelei V3 and V5 are very good looking and extremely durable. Just about any questions you may have about these rigs will be answered at the thread linked above.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

I have a zmax; its one of the early ones, not the telescopic one, and not with removable tubes; it's just the one main tube and the bottom cap; even the topcap doesn't come off; it has been a solid performer; it is a one button interface though.

My main usage is on two vamos; a steel vamo5s on a mech, and a brass vamo3; the vamo3 I had to change the centerpin insulator after 3 months, then again after another 3 months when I did a better job of it; it's been running fine the last 6 to 9 months. The steel one has given me no probs.
I like the vamos because of the 3 button interface. Easy to check battery charge and coil ohms.

A couple others you might want to look at are the svd2 and the e-lvt2.

I think based on what you've said, it's more important to acquire 2 or 3 mods than become dependent on 1 expensive on.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
It boils down to whether you want the option of actually sending your device to a location within the USA to be repaired if needed. ProVape offers this service for free during the warranty period, and for reasonable costs if out of warranty. I owned ProVari's for years, and find them to be VERY durable. The output voltage is VERY accurate, and smooth.

I had the P3 on my short-list until I purchased the SXmini a couple of months ago. Check out PBusardo's review of the device if interested. (there are quite a few more on YouTube.. All good) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5j7dxROnX8 The device is HIGHLY accurate, feature rich, and built very well. Now isn't the time to buy though... Next month, the SXminiJ M Class will be available with temp-protection. The current model was a limited edition, and will no longer be made. The SXmini has a 1 year warranty.

SXmini maker,SXmini,yihisxmini,yihiecigar,sx350,yihi sx350, yihi sx350 mini, yihiecigar sx350 mini, gravity sensor,[url]www.yihisxmini.com,120w device[/url]

If you remotely think that you may be interested in running some of these new sub-ohm clearo tanks which are becoming popular, you will need something that pushes more wattage than the ProVari or Sigelei ZMax.. There are plenty of inexpensive higher-wattage options out there, but most are inaccurate, and suffer various QC issues. Just breeze though this forum and look at the popular ones to see what I mean..

EDIT: I missed this earlier, but find it to be a good suggestion if it meets your wattage requirements. IIRC, Innokin is supposed to be opening a USA based warranty-repair center (if they haven't already)...

If I were looking for a tube mod and cost is a consideration, I'd also consider the Innokin SVD 2.0: https://originvape.com/product/innokin-itaste-svd-2-0-starter-kit/ The legit Evolv DNA chip in it is very accurate and has step down capability...at $60 it's hard to beat if you don't mind the size and your vaping style aligns with its 20w limit. I assume it might since you are considering the 15w Zmax and the 20w P3.

Last edited:

Kat Eyez

ECF Veteran
Yall are all giving excellent suggestions! I have not heard of several of them so I'm very happy to see I have more choices than I thought. I must say I am partial to the tube style mod rather than box. I vape pretty standard omhs and voltage, probably a bit low if anything, 3.8 v 6.5 w, and 1.8 ohm. My evic was my first APV. I got off analogs with a Halo Triton and stuck with that for a while. So I still get a little confused when getting into sub ohm vaping and benifits of high wattage devices (ie, 20w+). That is also why I'm having a tough time deciding which features and specs might be more important than others for me personally. I basically just want something with a stellar vaping experience, good warrenty (or low breakage rates) , and flavor consistency. Lol, I guess thats probably what everyone wants tho [emoji5]! My evic was great bc there was no fuss involved or yet it let me harness my tech side too without getting too difficult. I do however have an MVP 2.0 which is mega reliable but I got a much better vaping experience using my evic. I honestly don't know why. My husband preferred the MVP flavor and vape over evic. I ❤ my innokin VV 3.0 also, but again, don't know what it is about certain devices that make one seem to hv a better vape than others. Im using same tanks at same v & w with same ohms.
I've always loved the look of the SVD but am unsure of how it stacks up against the evic (sorry, thats all I have to compare) . I will check out the two different Zmaxx versions for sure!
Please keep the suggestions coming!

Last edited:

Kat Eyez

ECF Veteran
Anyone know if these or any other APV'S have an option to display the time? My Tag Heuer wrist watch got stolen so I depended on my evic for a quick clock check 99% of the time. I can't find anything online answering this question short of going through every APV on the market and looking line by line through all the specs.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Anyone know if these or any other APV'S have an option to display the time? My Tag Heuer wrist watch got stolen so I depended on my evic for a quick clock check 99% of the time. I can't find anything online answering this question short of going through every APV on the market and looking line by line through all the specs.

That's not a feature we hear much about in apv's

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
[emoji122] Oh I'm so glad to hear that! I've been partial to the SVD for a long time. So out of Zmax, SVD, or a blem Provari, strictly speaking vaping experience, not all the bells and whistles, what would yall suggest?
The SVD is huge compared to the Sigelei Zmax V3 or V5. The SVD is friggin' huge compared to Provari 2.5. Provari is at another price point entirely from the other two so it really isn't fair to compare all three together.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
The SVD is huge compared to the Sigelei Zmax V3 or V5. The SVD is friggin' huge compared to Provari 2.5. Provari is at another price point entirely from the other two so it really isn't fair to compare all three together.

In 18650 mode it is large but by all accounts it actually feels good in hand. People that own them seem quite pleased. The build quality and electronics are superior to the Zmax and as a 3X Zmax owner (and fan of them), I'd take the SVD 2.0 at this juncture.

Last edited:

Kat Eyez

ECF Veteran
Yeah, I actually like the size of the original SVD compared to Zmax, and provari. The price point on provari isn't a deal breaker for me, as their blem Provari 2.5 's run around $125 or so. I was mainly wondering about vape experience rather than prices on that. P. Busardo seemed pretty impressed w Sig Zmax, even some comparisons to his Provari, which had me curious as to others opinions who might own these devices... Is the vape experience really that much better on a Provari & worth the extra dough?
I did just find the SVD for $37 and some change on fasttech.com so at that price it's kinda hard to pass up! Anyone had any experience with fasttech and know if they are a reputable company?

Last edited:

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
I use a Sig Zmax and 2 MVPs every day for almost a year. I can tell the difference if I switch a topper from the Zmax to the MVP, the MVP is a better vape. I would imagine from reading here that the Provari would be better still.

I just ordered an SVD 2.0 from vaporbeast on sale for $59 and a 10% off code of president and free standard shipping.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Yeah, I actually like the size of the original SVD compared to Zmax, and provari. The price point on provari isn't a deal breaker for me, as their blem Provari 2.5 's run around $125 or so. I was mainly wondering about vape experience rather than prices on that. P. Busardo seemed pretty impressed w Sig Zmax, even some comparisons to his Provari, which had me curious as to others opinions who might own these devices... Is the vape experience really that much better on a Provari & worth the extra dough?
I did just find the SVD for $37 and some change on fasttech.com so at that price it's kinda hard to pass up! Anyone had any experience with fasttech and know if they are a reputable company?

I would venture to guess that the SVD at FastTech for $37.00 is NOT the SVD 2.0 suggested. The 2.0 that has been suggested, sports a USA made Evolv DNA 20 which is accurate, and includes step-down. The ProVari is a VERY sweet device. I will always have one in my arsenal. The quality of the electronics, and signal produced, does make for an an enjoyable vaping experience... But then, so does Evolv's offerings.

If you are looking for quality and durability, I do suggest the ProVari.. Hard device to beat in it's voltage range for certain.. The SVD 2.0 would provide a similar vape experience with more power than the ProVari 2.5 for less money, but won't have the same build quality.

Last edited:

chav

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2014
Virginia
I have the Provari Mini 2.5 and the P3, both are amazing devices, both are expensive devices. If you need something that will fire super low sub ohms, or high wattage get something else. I absolutely love my provari's, they are built like tanks, and they go through hell for me. Out of my 6 regulated devices, my provari's are the only ones that get guaranteed daily use. If you do decide on a provari, I would definitely try for the P3 over the 2.5. You have the option to adjust wattage (but only up to 20 watts), and over all its a lot more user friendly (the P3 and the mini are the same size in 18350 mode and the P3 comes with extension rings that will support up to 18650). That being said there are tons of tube styled mods out there, most provari owners are fanboys and will support their devices to the death, but take a look around, check out everything that's been brought up and give it a few days to think it over.

Last edited:

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Vaporbeast just lowered their price on the SVD 2.0 to $49.97...with coupon "president" it is $44.97. That is a price point that even I might jump on.

EDIT: They also have a Sigelei Zmax Mini for $14.97...with coupon $13.47. It is an 18350-only mod, but you can use Vamo 18650 extension tubes to put an 18650 in it. I have one for my Zmax Mini and it works great...doesn't look like it's made for the device, but it is fine. If you are looking to get a mod to hold you over until you settle on a device, this is a great deal as well.

For me, I couldn't pass up the SVD 2.0 at this price and just placed an order. I've decided I will never buy another mod without step down capability...so my next two mods will be an SXMini M and a homemade DNA40 that I hope to finish this month. I may also order a DNA25 from Evolv for another project. Once you go step down you never go back! :)

Last edited:

Kat Eyez

ECF Veteran
I use a Sig Zmax and 2 MVPs every day for almost a year. I can tell the difference if I switch a topper from the Zmax to the MVP, the MVP is a better vape. I would imagine from reading here that the Provari would be better still.

I just ordered an SVD 2.0 from vaporbeast on sale for $59 and a 10% off code of president and free standard shipping.
I took your advice and just got DVD 2.0 from vaporbeast aslo! Got it valentine's day, I'm very happy! But since I've never used a mod that requires me to remove the Batts and charge myself, I had to buy Batts and charger. But I think it was $60 total with all the extras I needed! They haven't shipped it yet but hopefully tomorrow! I can't wait!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread