Provari, Zmax, or Tesla?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussiedog61

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Southern California
I can't speak for previous Zmax versions, but I have sigelei's Telescoping Zmax V3 Flat Top and love it. I am not saying that it compares to Provari, but it is quite nice in its own right. Solid build quality (other than a slight off angle screen), no rattling or other mechanical issues, and having VW as an option is a nice addition. The price for a complete kit is roughly a third the price of comparable Provari kit. I can easily go from 18350 to 18650 without having to purchase extra pieces and feels great in-hand.

Is the Provari a great little unit? Yes. Should you get one? If you can afford it, why not? Is the sigelei also a great little unit factoring in cost and build quality? IMHO Yes.

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key
Provari V2 or Zmax V2.

Tesla design team couldn't even get the display window correctly configured....trying to access the buttons with your fingers BLOCKS the screen display. This device is an epic fail.

Mine's in the mail, should be here tomorrow. I just don't get why people are so hung up about the button placement on the Tesla... but I don't change settings 30 times a day either.

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
I don't understand why it is, when the Vamo can access every single function with a single press of your thumb (besides turning it on and off) that others still make mods to this day that require more than that. This, VW and a 5 amp switch is what sold me on my first Vamo, not the price.

Each to their own though!

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key
I'm kind of old school, so a one button interface seems very clunky to me... I've worked with a lot of devices that need input, and may only have a two-character display (DMX-512 lighting fixtures and old dot matrix printers, I'm looking at you... >.>). The easiest interface, for me, is a "menu" button, and two buttons marked "+" and "-". Any more than that gets confusing quickly, and one button only just makes me want to tear my hair out every time I need to make a change that's several levels down in the menu system.

Rubicon

Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Tampa Bay, FL
image.jpg

Zmax v3 tele, but then again I've never owned a provari, so I don't understand how a non vw device can be 130 bucks better then what I got.

Picked up a Tesla yesterday and really like it . It's larger than my vamo but lighter, great threads and the floating post, but my fav thing is how responsive the button is, press it it fires, stop and it stops, no delay after letting off the button like vamo. Don't mind the buttons over the screen to much.great sturdy build and seems built to last .

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
I have both the ProVari Mini and the Sigelei V3 Tele Flat Top Zmax.

Either will afford a great vaping experience. Price dependent, get the Zmax. I have 2 of the Minis. The ProVari fit n finish and build execution is stellar. As such, there is a significant premium to be paid.

It's all relative. Liken to purchasing a vehicle. Some people prefer/require leather seats, premium package, bigger wheels, sports tuned suspension, etc. Regardless of how one may choose to outfit a vehicle, at the end of the day, we all arrive at the same place, albeit in different fashion.

- Andy . . . Don't let the Ciggieman getcha . . . Vape'em.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I'm in the same boat as the OP.
The one thing (aside from quality and warranty) that has me justifying paying approx double for the Provari is the fact that it is shorter and more pocket friendly. The downside (for me) is that the Provari is not Kanger friendly and even with an adaptor the Kanger products (T3, evod) don't sit flush to the cap.

If the Provari had an ego connection, it'd be a slam dunk for me.

Regarding the Provari's inability to do VW, it's not a deal breaker for me. I played around with VW with my Anyvape CVI before it broke. It's great in theory, but in practice I still had to make adjustments due to variances in coil gunk, wicking and juice. So I'd be willing to give up VW for a great VV device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread