Provari, Zmax, or Tesla?

Status
Not open for further replies.

withravenoushunger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Evic and itaste svd aren't out of the question either. Hopefully I can get one of these for my birthday soon. What I'm looking for is durability, accuracy, long lasting. I know the Provari is supposed to be the best but it is $160. I also don't know what I think about the one button thing with the Provari and Zmax. I'm using a Vamo right now but I'd like something a little better.

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
The Single Button menu put me off the Provari for some time, I was happy using my little 14500 VV Box Mod at work, but wanted something nicer when Out & About.

I decided to get a VAMO to check out the VW feature, the device was decently built, had a variety of features for the price and turned a few heads because of the size. For me the VW feature wasn't set & forget, and I mainly used it in VV mode... so I sold it to a co-worker and finally got the Full Size Provari.

The One Button system is easy as pie, the device has a good weight to it and I basically like it very much, even though I prefer a Box Mod for pocket-ability reasons, this is more stylish. If I was to do it again, I would go with the Mini with Extension Cap/ 18500 batteries because I like the look of the Tear-Drops better.

Bottom Line, I'd recommend you give this a try and if you don't like it you could sell it. The other devices are so similar to the Vamo, they'd make a better replacement than supplement for that device.

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
Congrats, won't regret it.

You can probably find slightly higher mah batteries but they will more than likely be protected & not imr/high drain, so aren't ideal for the Vari

I use AW as recommended by Provape. The 18490 get me about 6-8 hours of decent use. 650s will get me around 24h & 350s around 4h.

You can get the twins for the mini & it will accept all 3 iirc.

Faxed in on the Mojo Wire

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
The Sigelei ZMAX is the best PV on the market for the money. I don't need to adjust voltage by .1, it is unnecessary. If Provari makes a VW model I would consider it but it costs an awful lot when my zmax is very well made for much less. I think some people have had problems with poorly made ones but if you get a good one I think your an instant fanboy. With ego and 510 threading and VW a better PV cannot be had.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Eventually I will buy the extended cap but I'd feel more comfortable if they were around $10. $20 for a little piece of metal is a little much.

$20 is a reasonable price for that piece of equipment, considering the fine machining and craftmanship involved in the manufacturing of them. Look at other manufacturer's prices to compare. Altsmoke charges $25 for their Kick extension sleeve for the Silver Bullet.

I use my Provari in both the 18490 and 18650 mode. I put a fresh battery in it in the morning; the 18490 lasts me until around 7 pm, the 18650 lasts me until around 10 pm. I use AW imr batteries and a Pila charger from RTD Vapor.

I recommend getting some Noaloxx for the battery cap threads. This is a lubricant that also acts as an antioxidant. The bare metal threads can oxidize (like rust) and potentially lock up, and oxidation buildup (this appears as a grimey black substance) in the threads can cause issues with the battery circuit and cause the Provari to not fire. Provape sells it, or it can be found in most general hardware stores like Home Depot or Lowe's.

noalox-2T.jpg

You've made an excellent choice in getting a Provari. Not only does it have longer warranty coverage, Provape will continue to service a broken Provari for as long as you own it. Any Chinese mod manufacturer does not come close to offering that. If those break, they're a throw away.

Last edited:

RobbJ65

Jan 17, 2013
Forney, TX
I'm with madstabber. I've had my Sigelei ZMAX for a couple of months now and love it!! An 18650 lasts all day. I also use stacked 18350s. It comes with an extender cap. The display is easy to read and easy to change voltage or wattage. I'm vapeing it right now with a 510 atty. Great vapor and it flat works.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367173508.173394.jpg
See it here with my AGA-T2. AWSOME

http://sincemylastcigarette.com/banners/1355470200_20_1_USD_5.85_dark.png

riixxii

Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
East Grand Forks, MN
I use 3 Provari's and 2 Zmax's. One of the Zmax is already dead. Enough said. One of the Pro's fell out of the car and sat outside for about 6hrs @-15*F and I just thawed it out and continue to vape it to this day. They are my mod of choice, durable, smooth even vape, no pulsing like the zmax, and when you let go of the button, the Pro shuts off, like its s'pose to.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I use 3 Provari's and 2 Zmax's. One of the Zmax is already dead. Enough said. One of the Pro's fell out of the car and sat outside for about 6hrs @-15*F and I just thawed it out and continue to vape it to this day. They are my mod of choice, durable, smooth even vape, no pulsing like the zmax, and when you let go of the button, the Pro shuts off, like its s'pose to.

This's 100%. I really don't like to hear a rattle snake whenever u vape. Just IMHO. All the Chinese mods I have do this. Just one of my many quirks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread