Has anyone ever gotten their E-Cig taken away by a Night Club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylite

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2014
New Jersey
www.soundcloud.com
Or turned down at the door for having one?

A lot of clubs around here have strict searches and pat downs and some are really relentless (throwing away unopened packs of gum, for example)

I'm a producer/DJ and visit a lot of nightclubs. Recently I quit smoking and switched to an Ego style ecig. It's obvious to see how it may look like some sort of drug paraphernalia to the uninformed. I'm a little worried about the risk of losing an expensive piece of equipment (and my sanity for the night)

At the risk of relapsing, I'm really trying to avoid ever having to go back to analogs for anything and really hate the less conspicuous cig-a-likes (although something tells me those could be a target as well) so I'm just curious to see if any forum members have ever gotten their gear confiscated by confused bouncers.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
That is the norm for Private property. It is just that Private and they can make their own rules. You are an invited guest not a right to enter public area. Unless their rules conflict with local or federal laws you do not have to comply but you can be refused admission or if inside be asked to leave. Besides smuggling and stealth vaping is fun! Stock up on disposable Cig-A-Likes.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Or turned down at the door for having one?

A lot of clubs around here have strict searches and pat downs and some are really relentless (throwing away unopened packs of gum, for example)

I'm a producer/DJ and visit a lot of nightclubs. Recently I quit smoking and switched to an Ego style ecig. It's obvious to see how it may look like some sort of drug paraphernalia to the uninformed. I'm a little worried about the risk of losing an expensive piece of equipment (and my sanity for the night)

At the risk of relapsing, I'm really trying to avoid ever having to go back to analogs for anything and really hate the less conspicuous cig-a-likes (although something tells me those could be a target as well) so I'm just curious to see if any forum members have ever gotten their gear confiscated by confused bouncers.

It sounds like you're hanging out in the same bars that gang thugs like to hang out in.

Regardless, a bar has every right to ask you not to vape, or to not let you enter. They can't just steal your belongings. If a club took anything I owned, I'd call the cops and raise hell.

But honestly, I think you are worried for nothing. Bars and clubs are pretty familiar with these.

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
Why on earth would anyone submit to a pat down search to enter a club?

Their house, their rules. It's actually pretty common in a lot of places. Most of the larger concert venues I have been to in the last few years do this, but are typically only screening for weapons and illegal items, sometimes other contraband items listed in their own policies. Never had a problem with a small PV (I've always brought something compact at those venues)

Sarin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
UK here but similar rules apply. They can search you as per the terms of entry, they can ask you to only use your e-cig in the designated area but they CANNOT take property off of you as long as the property is legal. I would seriously object to this happening to me and would ask to see the management. I suspect that they might relent to you keeping it on you if they were facing a DJ-less club for the night?

Crunktanium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Florida (east coast)
Why on earth would anyone submit to a pat down search to enter a club?

You wont get in any well known club in Florida without a pat down. It's not a "search" (unless they reach into your pockets) and security at a private establishment aren't bound to laws that would require a warrant anyway. However you have the right to refuse a search or a pat down (unless a crime is committed) which by that same token they have the right to refuse entry. Even a clean upscale environment can turn nasty when people have to much to drink or even worse drugs come into play. So the pat down is done for everyone's benefit but especially to protect security who typically pays their own medical bills.

If anyone takes you vaporizer however they MUST by law return it. And when you have a complaint take it up with management AFTER you gain entry. Once you make a stink at the door you wont get but once you do it's all about the money.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
Well. maybe.... Went to Atlantic City Harrahs pool after dark club woke up in a jail cell blacked out... appearantly cursed out some people and got locked up so next morning when I got all my stuff back my dna30 was there and my Russian 91 was missing not sure if the cops took it or someone at the night club but I'll never see it again

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread