Anyone ever nod off or fall asleep while smoking with cig in hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighlanderNorth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Mid Atlantic USA
I just read on another thread where a guy mentioned that he nodded off with a PV in hand. Thats not really a problem per se, as its not different than nodding off with a remote control or any other battery powered device in your hand. But nodding off with a cigarette, a pipe or a cigar in hand is a whole different story...

I can say that at certain times in my life, I did smoke in my bedroom, and I would watch TV while lying in bed late at night, but for the longest time I got lucky and managed to not nod off with a ciggy in hand. There were a few times where I was REALLY tired and I was smoking in bed, and I began to nod off, but remembered that I had a ciggy in my hand, so I kinda freaked out and quickly snapped back awake before I fully nodded off!

But then about 2 years ago, I just bought a new comforter as it was now late December, and at that time I didnt usually smoke inside, but for a few days while my roommate was gone I did. One night I nodded off with a ciggy in my hand, and it burnt down to my finger and the heat of it on my hand woke me up, and I looked down and obviously I had been asleep for a couple minutes, and it had burnt a quarter sized hole in my brand new comforter!

So for many years I was able to avoid falling asleep with a cig in hand, but then one night the inevitable happened, and I ruined a new comforter. I'm lucky I didnt catch the room on fire!

Have you ever nodded off with a cig. pipe or cigar in hand, or know anyone who did and had a disaster or anything?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread