Confused about what watt box mod I need

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Well i want to stay under $100 i dont know why I would need 150watts if i use like 10 now
If i ever go to a rba I could always just buy another mod but I plan to stay on the carto tanks for a while.

I was looking at the IPV 3 LI or ipv4?

I want a lightweight 20-50 watt box mod that fits in the hand and has a nice fire button
Coolfire 4 sounds like what you want. I have 2 now and LOVE them.

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
Well i want to stay under $100 i dont know why I would need 150watts if i use like 10 now
If i ever go to a RBA I could always just buy another mod but I plan to stay on the carto tanks for a while.

I was looking at the IPV 3 LI or IPV4?

I want a lightweight 20-50 watt box mod that fits in the hand and has a nice fire button

Might be busting the budget, but you can't go wrong with an rDNA40 now that the firmware is fixed. Other than the crappy paint, its otherwise a rock solid mod. I use min as my workhorse mods, out on the boat getting tossed about as I pound waves, at work getting dropped quite often, etc.

In you're budget, the Dovpo E-LVT mini would be OK if you don't mind the looks, there's also that plastic hanna box, though I'd wait until I see a PBusardo level kind of review before taking a chance on it. Oh and I nearly forgot the Kanger Subbox Mini. (PBusardo review of it linked below)

Or if you want to roll the dice on a cheap disposable device, then anything Eleaf or Smok. I just can't recommend their electronics.

Cowboy192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Cardiff, uk
cargocollective.com
Anyone tried out the The Sigelei Mini 30W?

I have the 30w mini and I love it, I use it to run my lemo's its been flawless, feels nice in my hand (especially with the silicone sleeve) it's not too heavy but not so light that a lemo full of juice makes it fall over or feel off balance

Reactions: GeorgeS

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Does the Sigelei 150W box mod support 3.0 ohm? I can't find anything that says the max ohm it supports

Also do you need to use two batteries at all times or can you just use one ?
You need to use both batteries at all times. As far as 3.0ohm, not sure, I can check.

edit, max resistance supported is 3.0ohm.
edit again, just read the thread, 5.2V at 3ohm would be 9W, sigelei 150W only goes down to 10W, maybe want to consider something different.

Last edited:

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
5.2v at 3 ohms gives you 9ish watts. If you are happy with that then that's where you should stay. I am a 8.5 watts vaper.

I am confused as to why a device wouldn't support 3 ohms. Maybe it's the chips but I haven't ran into that. Specs on the below say max 4 ohms.

I really like my smoke m50. It is a small form factor that goes from 6 to 50 watts. It has on board charging and a replaceable battery. I grabbed a orbtronics 30amp to put in it. About 50 bucks total. I did take a little sandpaper to the negative post on the box. For some reason they put some film on it. It can give you some play in wattage but it is not temp control.

Smok is a good reliable company that has been around awhile. I am not sure why people don't talk about them much. They are also coming out with their box 2 with temp control.

Magikhat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
www.flavorplace.com
I am using 5.2 volts not 9 volts

You need to use 2 batteries because its wired in series.

I'm not surprised if it can't fire 3 ohm. Honestly, I was very surprised your running those over 5v. I was expecting you to answer more like 3.2v.

BTW, 9v is a lot, lol! A mech can only fire at 4.2v with afresh battery. 9v on a 1.2 ohm coil is 67.5W.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
If you wanted user replaceable battery, and a sigelei, the upcoming 75W with Temp Control may be a nice option. Single 18650, 5-75W, and has option for TC if you ever want to try it. Vapenw has them on pre-order for $60 with coupon code, and should be getting them in by July 11th (according to their site).

FWIW protovapor sells ni200 TC cartos too. Protovapor Ni200 Nickel 510 Cartomizers — EXCLUSIVE! | Protovapor.com If you wanted to try TC and still use cartos.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
10W is the lowest limit of both the 100W and 150W Sigelei. They really are designed for people who use rebuildables.

Is it long battery life that interests you on the Sigeleis? If so, check out the MVPs. They will be more friendly to the way you like to vape. Heck, for that matter the isticks have freakishly long battery life for some reason. So does the MVP 20W and Coolfire IV. I can't explain why those mods go so long between charges, but they do. My sx minis blow through batteries like crazy, but the isticks and mvp go on and on like Energizer bunnies.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
I am confused as to why a device wouldn't support 3 ohms.

running high ohms is extremely inefficient, i honestly have no clue why people still run anything over 2.0ohms nowadays, other than the fact that they dont want to/afraid of trying something else, you get uneven vaporizing of eliquid, which has no heat, and has hard time of wicking keeping up with unless you are running your power super low and take like 20second drags, its just terrible.

to be honesty i highly suggest you trying at least 1.2-2.0 ohm coils, you would 100% enjoy it more than vaping on a 3.0ohm resistance carto, and if you dont hell, ill send you my solara DNA30 that I dont use for free. im that positive that there is no reason for anyone to be vaping 3.0ohms right now unless they are really that stubborn or scared to try something new. It doesn't matter if it works for you, there are better and more convenient ways to vape nowadays than a 3.0ohm carto tank. taking 10s+ hits on a ecig is just abnormal, we never smoked cigarettes like that, and we dont breathe like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread