could use a speck of rebuildable atomizer advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
greetings!

i own a '14 non-lp grand and just purchased a reo p67 that is currently en route from indiana (thank you for all your help, eric!). i have only used an rm2 on my grand and was thinking i'd do the same for the p67 as that's what rob said he used on his back when i first tried (and failed) to get one. ;)

right after ordering, the positive post on my trusty (old) rm2 decided to warp and twist sideways so the hole is facing the inside when its screwed all the way in. now making a coil is incredibly frustrating. i have managed to do it after many minutes and bad words, but i'd rather not do it again - every time i swap the wick out i am afraid it will break!

i have only ever used rm2s - they're no longer available on the reo website. i don't use power tools... i want a comparable piece of equipment that is ready-made for squonking (whut is a squonk pin), the easier to use (and cheaper) the better, for the p67. any suggestions from my trusted community on this one?

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
dunno if you're fine with clones or not, but I'd highly recommend the O16 clone. You'd have to wait a bit, so not sure what to recommend for something inexpensive right now. But these O16s are fantastic. Put a z coil in them, you can close them down to little air flow for mtl or open them up for a restricted lung hit. They come bf'd and squonk and drain great

$7.06 Origen Little Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 16mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

THANK YOU ALL! i ordered that one - it won't ship for a few more days so think good thoughts for my poor little rm2 in the meantime!

would that 0-16 clone work well for the non-lp grand also? i'm thinking i'll probably send it in to be milled into an lp when my funds are flush again - is it worth it?

thanks guys, as you can tell this setup has happily lasted me for years and i'm pretty outta the loop since i bought good (REO!) equipment to begin with ;)

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Don't leave out the Hadaly, damn fine vape on top of a REO and there are some very nice clones available. Tough to over sqounk and super easy to build

$14.90 SXK Hadaly Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

funny thing, that was the other one i put in my order as a blind buy as it was at the top of some blogger's list of squonk rdas to try! thought i might as well have two kinds to try in case one befuddles me. that makes me feel much better about my blind buy! thank you thank you!

i'm so glad this forum is open again! :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
THANK YOU ALL! i ordered that one - it won't ship for a few more days so think good thoughts for my poor little rm2 in the meantime!

would that 0-16 clone work well for the non-lp grand also? i'm thinking i'll probably send it in to be milled into an lp when my funds are flush again - is it worth it?

thanks guys, as you can tell this setup has happily lasted me for years and i'm pretty outta the loop since i bought good (REO!) equipment to begin with ;)

Yea it's worth it.. there not making any super small rba's anymore.. everything is like 22mm and above these days. :/

One can file it down pretty easily yourself. Easy if you have a l.p. reo to reference. Just tape it off and measure how much to remove and mark it.. flat metal file in one direction for a min and then file turn the mod and file in a different direct to crew threw the soft aluminum quicker.

Hard part is holding your file flat so you don't round the edges and stopping before over doing it..

When done sand it smooth with some fine metal sandpaper.

i don't have an lp to compare it to so it will probably have to go to the spa, but now you've got me thinking....! i bought an all-aluminum p67 and was eyeing a post about how to give it a chrome-like mirror finish.... but i don't have any metal files or sandpaper..... hmmmmmmm. maybe that will have to change! thanks for the advice!

Last edited:

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
ravenofvalhalla reach out for Eric at REO Mods and have him do a little spa work on you Grand. I had mine shaved to a LP and it lets me use whatever RDA I want.... well the Hadaly anyway. I had the tool but figured I would leave it to a crew that does it all the time....you only get one chance to get it right ;)

This is what they did for me, 10mm o-ring and any RDA and your ready to rock!

They do real nice work

REO.jpg

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I will say if your interested in getting it converted to the all stainless steel adjustable 510 and the newer gold plated sub ohm positive contact and newer gold spring, then by all means send it in and get it all done and it will come back feeling like a new mod.

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
would that 0-16 clone work well for the non-lp grand also?
Newp, 16mm I'm pretty sure. But jup, definitely send it in to Eric. Good job on getting the hadaly too. I haven't tried one, but I know a ton of folks love em. Haven't heard a bad word about em. Hope it gets to you quick!

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
You might consider this:
$6.39 Odis-16 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 16mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

It is an Odis 16 "style", it is not the Origen 16. The cost is $6.39. I have two in use now. Previously I was a die heard RM2 user for years but had some problem similar to yours (after years of good service). It is an easy build and comes in a couple of colors, too. I actually prefer it now to the RM2.

Edit: It would require the "shave" from Eric, it would not work on the standard profile.

greetings!

i own a '14 non-lp grand and just purchased a reo p67 that is currently en route from indiana (thank you for all your help, eric!). i have only used an rm2 on my grand and was thinking i'd do the same for the p67 as that's what rob said he used on his back when i first tried (and failed) to get one. ;)

right after ordering, the positive post on my trusty (old) rm2 decided to warp and twist sideways so the hole is facing the inside when its screwed all the way in. now making a coil is incredibly frustrating. i have managed to do it after many minutes and bad words, but i'd rather not do it again - every time i swap the wick out i am afraid it will break!

i have only ever used rm2s - they're no longer available on the reo website. i don't use power tools... i want a comparable piece of equipment that is ready-made for squonking (whut is a squonk pin), the easier to use (and cheaper) the better, for the p67. any suggestions from my trusted community on this one?

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Don't leave out the Hadaly, damn fine vape on top of a REO and there are some very nice clones available. Tough to over sqounk and super easy to build

$14.90 SXK Hadaly Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I can attest that the Hadaly is a very nice atty. I have 3 of them. Easy as pie to build on, and excellent flavor.
Last night, however, I ordered an Entheon from Psyclone, kinda spur of the moment. It has been getting great reviews, so far. It's similar to the Hadaly, but with a reduced chamber size, and different air flow path. I figured it was worth a shot, even though, God knows, I don't need another atty. I have way more attys than mods now.
I'll be sure and report, when I get it, and fool around with it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread