could use a speck of rebuildable atomizer advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
so bad luck with both of those... the hadaly clone came with a bf pin that is not long enough to keep the positive post in place. i push it in but it just spins around and detaches when i get a coil in. any ideas on where to get a longer one that'll fit?

then i lost one of the grub screws on the o16. it rolled somewhere and i crawled around on the floor looking for it for 45 minutes. any ideas on what size they are and where to get (a lot of) replacements? thanks!

Last edited:

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
so bad luck with both of those... the hadaly clone came with a bf pin that is not long enough to keep the positive post in place. i push it in but it just spins around and detaches when i get a coil in. any ideas on where to get a longer one that'll fit?

then i lost one of the grub screws on the o16. it rolled somewhere and i crawled around on the floor looking for it for 45 minutes. any ideas on what size they are and where to get (a lot of) replacements? thanks!

Spare Parts - Psyclone Mods

No idea if the real one will fit the clone.

For the screw you can try using a reo door to help you find the screw on the floor.. the magnets on the door will grab it for you! Just tested it and it will grab it.

If not here's one place I've found to order spare parts for it. Authentic parts. No idea if it will fit the clone.

Origen Mods by Norbert - "Origen Little 16 BF Spare Parts Kit" edit: that store is located in Canada. :/

Last edited:
thanks for all your helpful suggestions! i finally located the missing grub screw and after a bit of finagling i was able to get the origen clone to work for me on the p67!! it's working ten times better than the aged rm2s i'm used to!! i think i'll buy another of them for when i get my grand milled, and try to hunt down more grub screws because i'm super klutzy and lose everything that's tiny and stab myself constantly when i'm building. i cut up my fingers pretty bad twisting a z coil for the first time, but i'm happy. i always say if i can use a mech mod and rba, anyone can.

i really liked the look of the hadaly clone and it seemed like it should have been a very easy build, but the short bf pin was a fatal flaw in the clone. the darn thing just comes apart as soon as i have a coil in and even when it seemed seated in the bottom, it wouldn't register on the ohm meter. i might buy a real one someday when i'm feeling like i have cash to spare.

thank you all again! this forum is still the best vaping resource on the web.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
wow.......sorry you're having so much trouble with the attys. I agree to make sure that the coil isn't hitting the top cap, or bottom of dt if it's metal. Always meter it with top cap and dt on. Also give it a good wash. You might have a tiny piece of wire you've cut stuck down in there somewhere.

My O16 clone came with extra orings, and screws, extra bf pin etc. whole buncha stuff in there. Mcmaster Carr and bolt depot are both good places to get screws etc. Bolt depot is usually cheaper shipping. McMaster doesn't tell you the shipping, but it's usually around 6.00 Here's the bolt depot link, but not sure which size you need. I'm sure someone can tell us and maybe post a link to the right one
Set screws, Allen, Cup point, Stainless steel 18-8, #4-40 - Bolt Depot

mcmaster carr McMaster-Carr

yeah the screws in the o16 posts don't screw in all the way and when mounted are precariously close to the top of the cap, there's maybe a millimeter of room, so if there is a poor seal and the cap becomes slightly unseated and tips ever so slightly one way, a post screw can easily make contact with the cap. i had never shorted a reo before so i was pretty amazed that this little design flaw could fell it twice in a couple of days.

i bought some random orings and screws on fasttech going off of comments on fixes in the forums about the specific clones i bought; apparently more than a couple of people have had these same issues with these clones. the good news is i can maybe buy shorter set screws for this thing eventually to fix the problem once i know for sure what size and length these standard ones are. i was thinking about buying a little metal file to take a little bit off the top of the screws to make some more wiggle room in the meantime, anyone tried that? i really love the draw on the 016 but the shorting worries me.

i bought a new bf pin for the hadaly too because i don't see that same flaw in it, and i like having more space to play with. shipping on these things is gonna take a while. so in a month i look forward to trying to use these things again! ;)

now to reo to buy some more springs....

thank you all for your input on this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread