To drip or not to drip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoking gnu

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2008
Wales
OK I would like everyone’s opinions on dripping. I have just managed to successfully do the said. Personally I think it is more economical and more tasty, but is it good for your kit or not. I’m very new to this e smoking and you people have quite a bit of experience. I know from reading the posts that lots of you do drip. And it seems to me that everyone’s kit has a short life span dripping of not. So to drip or not to drip?;)

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
hey smoking gnu ...

Dripping is a rough subject to touch on. I don't suggest it for someone new to esmoking only because they need to learn the basics first. Its very easy to flood an atomizer if not done properly, then you have to deal with the cleanup. Often, dripping can lead to fluid getting past the atomizer itself, and shorting your battery as well.

The best way to use liquid is to top off cartridges. When doing so, just fill enough to fully moisten the filling. If you notice a puddle on top, its very easy to flood the atomizer this way as well.

Just my $.02 cents...

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
its the visual indicator cash.. topping the cart gives a visible indication of when to stop.. direct atomizor dripping dosnt.. its count the drops i hope..

but.. i use a 901 in preference to a classic purely cos i can top the carts and get the best results.. with classics i have to direct drip for best results... its all too easy to flood them.. one drip too many is enough..

pipes are brilliant to drip.. they hold lot more and it isnt so easy to flood them..

but the bottom line is if the atomizer aint getting enough fluid it aint gonna work as well..

i would say only do it if u have to.. i have to so i do it.. i would love not to have to thow..

trog

vafvaf

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2008
Europe
i
but.. i use a 901 in preference to a classic purely cos i can top the carts and get the best results.. with classics i have to direct drip for best results... its all too easy to flood them.. one drip too many is enough..

pipes are brilliant to drip.. they hold lot more and it isnt so easy to flood them..

how its going with cigar if u can compare..

marian00

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2008
California USA
www.vaporcig.com
In my opinion, the only way to really enjoy eSmoking to the fullest extent is to drip. When I bought my first e-cigs and one small 4ml bottle of e-liquid, I would use a syringe and slowly fill my cartridge until moistened. Then I would leave the cartridge upside-down for 10 minutes to make sure the wool in the cartridge had completely saturated the added liquid. I never dripped on the atomizer at first.

When my small 4ml bottle was gone. I didn't like E-smoking without it. I needed that extra punch, even with new cartridges. So I smoked real cigs (just a couple) until my new e-liquid arrived.

When I became a pro at filling carts, I started dripping on the atomizer itself, but never more than one to two drops, which equals maybe one cigarette's worth of smoking. That way I only had to clean/blow out my atomizers once per week.

Also, it depends on the brand of e-cig you are using. Some do not take well to dripping; others do. You soon find out through trial and error. My Sedansas can withstand a lot of dripping and topping off. They do eventually clog up if done too much and too often, but all I do is blow them out.

Also, if you use some of the fruity-flavored e-liquids -- pinapple for one -- it really clogs the atomizer and sometimes kills it. If you do end up with a permanently clogged atomizer, soak it in hot soapy water or white vinegar and water in a covered container for an hour, rinse well, blow out residual water, then let dry upside-down at an angle in the hot sun or with a hair dryer.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
how its going with cigar if u can compare..

the ruyan cigar dosnt like to be dripped.. i found it best likes what the carts feed it.. its the only device i have tried that dosnt need to be topped up or dripped that much.. it works as it is intended to..

the cheaper copies need to be dripped and run the atomizer hotter so like being wet.. much like a good classic does.. let it dry out and the burnt taste comes in..

a good device that runs the atomizer nice and hot likes to be kept wet.. with weaker ones its too easy to put the fire out.. they become very critical as to how wet they are....

trog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread