News on the Prodigy v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

milo hobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Lake Charles La
So I have been compiling new information as it comes out about the upcoming, yet to be announced Prodigy v4. A similar thread is on the puresmoker's forum. Here are some quotes from CaSHMeRe.

couple things ...

1) it will be tank ready with different types of 510 adapters available
2) even a bit more user friendly/user replaceable parts -- still sealed with floating center post to stop atomizer shorts.
3) built in tank system attachment that seamlessly integrates with the Prodigy V4 (this will likely take another 2-3 months of development -- don't want to release subpar versions)
4) 18650 and its variants -- including a version to use an 18650 with a KICK (we've been in talks with EVOLV)
5) still 100% mechanical

um.... that's about I'll I can release at this point ...

We were thinking 3 size tubes ...

18650 (maintains being 100% mechanical)
18490 (or similar) [again, being 100% mechanical]
18650 (with kick)
18940 (with kick)

Discuss!

Los Marauder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Iowa City
Seamless tank looks like the future of vape to me. I alway loved the look of a Prodigy but just couldn't understand all of it when I started out as a noob. Different adaptors, atomizers, cartos, driping, all was overwhelming at the time. Loved the video of runing over it with a truck. Do you think lack of vv will hurt it?

If the tank produces great flavor, doesn't leak, and is easily refillable, I see Prodigy back in the game, especialy for those that want a mechanical top of the line moddel to compete with the electric Provary.

I hope them god speed to market befor someone else steels their thunder.

Jerry B

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2011
Nashville TN
I love Puresmoker (and they are local) but never really got on board with their mods. I mean they look great i just dont think i would like a bottom button. Perhaps whenever the p4 comes out i will have to give it a try. As for VV or lack of it hurting the P4, that means little to me.

I have a VV mod and it just does not interest me so much, i seem to prefer 5 volt and 3.7 with LR cartos. A tank however would be a uber plus to make me take another look.

echos67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Maryland, USA
Please excuse my newbie type questions as I am trying to learn,

I am new to this vaping and I went with the Prodigy V3.1 and I love it, it is durable, fires everytime, and seems to be the right size. Can someone explain why there doesnt seem to be more following with Prodigy or am I missing this somewhere ?

TYIA

milo hobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Lake Charles La
Some of that seems to be that because it is not regulated, it does not vape the same from beginning of the battery's charge to the end of the battery's charge. This can be good for some people because it is one less thing that can break and it lets you know that you are getting close to time for a recharge. I think that the addition of "the kick" will help because you don't need the kick in order to run the pv4, and the kick can help regulate and vary one's voltage, and it is one piece that can be replaced if broken. While replacing it you can still vape if you have the right battery.

milo hobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Lake Charles La
7e29c5bd.jpg

Look nice, eh? They are juggling the idea of either continuing with the pressed center pin (moisture control, but can be fidgity and possibly cause a short) or a floating pin (which can leak fluid through). It will also have plastic around the spring to prevent shorts that a spring can cause.

Last edited:

lawnman3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
largo fl
7e29c5bd.jpg

Look nice, eh? They are juggling the idea of either continuing with the pressed center pin (moisture control, but can be fidgity and possibly cause a short) or a floating pin (which can leak fluid through). It will also have plastic around the spring to prevent shorts that a spring can cause.

thats a great build in my opp count me in for 1 or 2 of them ...

lawnman3...

cw37013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Nashville
They are having a contest to rename the Prodigy. They've picked a few and are now taking votes from the submissions they like the best and I have TWO entries in there. If you would like to vote, go to their forum under Puresmoker device thread and vote (for mine would be great :) But really just for any you find appealing, but just to let you know, my two submissions are "The Legend" and "The General". They have a nice ring, don't they? Anyway, the winner will receive a free one just for naming it! Sure would be nice to win one! It looks sweet!! :)

Last edited:

Los Marauder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Iowa City
Man that looks so fantastic. I remember the video of the car driving over the v3, proving PureSmoker was THEE quality vaping device. Now they are on the verge of releasing probably the safest mod in the world. PureSmoker is just an amazing American company with real answeres to real vaping problems. I might buy one just to support them! This device proves we CAN beat the buracrats before they throw another safty punch at us. Way to go PureSmoker.

P.S. I bet PureSmoker could sell different color sleaves for the batteries and with the holes and slashes in the sides, give a person an infanent amout of color options. Just a thought....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread