The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Introducing - The PureSmoker LEGACY!

Discussion in 'Puresmoker' started by CaSHMeRe, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. tnt56

tnt56 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Agree 100% with all this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. bigbassbrent

bigbassbrent Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2012
    Austin Area (Taylor)
    I had to run my legacy without the kick. Despite everything i tried, It just didnt ground properly for me. It was very frustrating. My kick works great in my current mod and the legacy works great without the kick.

3. tnt56

Sorry to hear about the kick not working properly with the Legacy. I've never had a problem with any of mine. (I have 3 of them.)
    I think a lot of people overlook the Legacy as a mechanical device. I've been really happy with all mine. Nice build quality great customer service. Well enough so that I bought three of them. LOL. I've got each one set up for a different configuration. For the price I couldn't resist.

4. Alamedean

Alamedean Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2012
    Alameda, CA
    Thanks Scott & TNT56,

I am a heavy user of my Kicked Legacy and though I do clean the contact at the top a lot, I have not been so diligent in the cleaning of the rest of this mod. Will take your well received advise and give it a try later tonight and advise.

Thank you very much for your insight.

5. Alamedean

Alamedean Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2012
    Alameda, CA
    Cleaned the Legacy from top to bottom. Cleaned the spring on the Kick too. This seems to have done the job. My Legacy is firing on demand! Whoo Hoo!

Thank you.

6. eratikmind

eratikmind Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thank you, Scott_Simpson, for the Kick tips and comments.

- Andy

7. tnt56

Just remember that all mods need a nice cleaning to keep working properly. I try and do mine once a week. From top to bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. CaSHMeRe

CaSHMeRe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2008
    USA
    Appreciate all the help TNT with getting people squared away on their LEGACY's and KICK's! :)

9. thedesbois

thedesbois Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    After reading those few last posts I got myself some dielectric grease at the auto parts store. Used it on the threads and in the switch assembly. Wow! Gave me + 0.1 v under load. Not bad for a little grease and 5 minutes of my time. Will keep using it every time I clean the Legacy. :)

10. TheSystemHasFailed

TheSystemHasFailed Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2013
    Valhalla
    Ok, so the Legacy is my first mech, hasn't arrived, but I have a question.
    I usually see this "Noalox" being suggested for mechs, but you've also mentioned the dielectric grease.

Which is better, and should I be making a trip for some myself before it arrives?

Thanks.

11. CaSHMeRe

CaSHMeRe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2008
    USA
    They are relatively similar in improving the electrical efficiency of the device. NOALOX tends to help with oxidation as well.

You should be able to pick some up at your local Home Depot! http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ideal-NOALOX-4-oz-Anti-Oxidant-Compound-30-026/202276208#.Ua5JX9jDk_A

I use it on mechanical and electrical devices :)

12. TheSystemHasFailed

Apr 19, 2013
    Valhalla
    Thanks!
    Can't wait until it arrives!

13. thedesbois

Dec 19, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    I have been wondering the same thing. I used dieletric grease because I could not find Noalox at my local store. I will let the makers themselves answer that one for us. They built it, we came.

14. Xobeloot

Xobeloot The Dirty Monkey Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2013
    Grafenwöhr, Germany
    I've been using my Legacy Mini without any sort of grease and it fires perfectly. I may pick some up just for the oxidation protection factor.

15. TheSystemHasFailed

Apr 19, 2013
    Valhalla
    It arrives, Noalox every moving part. Beautiful unit.
    Cant get anything to fire, only use ATM, IGO, AGA-T+, AGI.
    Vamo for quick comparison..everything works. I install a ShortStop, it fires...

It was a space issue. Button throw.
    If I didn't want to use the SS, I'd have to use washers in the trigger, correct?
    And...does the screw that holds the trigger assembly need to be slightly tool tightened? I notice it floats if I do anything but.

Thanks!

Such a nice piece though.

16. thedesbois

Dec 19, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    Yes, you are correct. The included washers are for adjusting the trigger throw. I tighten my screw with a coin, just a little so it does not move but not too tight.

It is my daily mod and I love it more & more.

17. Xobeloot

May 29, 2013
    Grafenwöhr, Germany
    I also had the issue with it coming loose. A quick twist with a penny and all was good to go.

I also stretched the spring about 1/4" to add a bit more tightness to the throw.

18. JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2012
    BELLE VERNON PA.
    :D
    Yes it does. Thanks CaSH

Just placed my 3rd order in three months. I love my Legacy :D
    I will definitely recommend the Legacy for anyone looking for a durable, reliable and easy to use APV.
    Only wish I would have know about the Legacy when I started - could have saved a fortune :laugh:
    Good luck to PureSmoker

19. tnt56

Sorry for the delay. But here they are in all their glory with the new flat tops. Every one works even better than the stock slant cap.
    From left to right. Phiniac tank, IB Tank and then an AGA T2.

Attached Files:

20. Xobeloot

May 29, 2013
    Grafenwöhr, Germany
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.