Lorillard purchases Blu E-Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

capt.n.coke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2011
Indy
Wow. I can only wonder where this is headed.

On one hand I can see that Lorillard may have the cash and experience to push a reduced harm product through the FDA.

On the other, this could be the start of a trend where more BT companies move in on ecigs. ecig companies probably cost chump-change in the scale of BT's budget.

-C via mobile

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I got a baaaaaaaad feeling about this........ I don't trust Blu, and now that big tobacco owns them, they're going to do EVERYTHING THEY CAN to screw us over. The Tobacco Control Act was mostly drafted by Phillip Morris to get rid of pesky competition like Djarum, you better believe that Lorillard is going to have secret talks with the FDA to do whatever they can to get rid of companies like V4L. They're going to get Juice banned, Online sales for sure since you can already buy blu at walgreens, now you can be sure they'll be available in just about every store that sells tobacco products meaning online sales just promote competition. Flavors they MIGHT go after, it just depends on how much money they make BT.

Either way, in short what this all comes down to is the FDA WILL regulate these now and they'll do it MUCH faster now that e-cigs are going to be associated with big tobacco.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
The Tobacco Control Act places pressure on tobacco companies to come up with modified risk products if they want to stay in the game. Be sure that the plan is eventually to end the sale of traditional tobacco cigarettes, probably by lowering the nicotine content to a level where smokers will stop buying them and look to other sources of nicotine.

I predicted that tobacco companies would get into the act, and that the easiest way for them to get into the business would be to acquire a thriving e-cigarette business, rather than starting from scratch and reinventing the wheel, so-to-speak.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
The Tobacco Control Act places pressure on tobacco companies to come up with modified risk products if they want to stay in the game. Be sure that the plan is eventually to end the sale of traditional tobacco cigarettes, probably by lowering the nicotine content to a level where smokers will stop buying them and look to other sources of nicotine.

I predicted that tobacco companies would get into the act, and that the easiest way for them to get into the business would be to acquire a thriving e-cigarette business, rather than starting from scratch and reinventing the wheel, so-to-speak.
I agree
Its just business ... Nothing personal

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
wasn't blucigs part of the hon lik/ dragonite patent settlement...something new, something old on the horizon perhaps

animatedDots.gif
animatedDots.gif

tica02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Minne-soda!
I really hope that this means something good for electronic cigarettes. We need to win a fight here instead of lose it to big tobacco. I think it's a really sad thing that its perfectly fine to die smoking because they get you hooked on it, but finding any way to quit it is wrong. Shame on the FDA and government and big tobacco.

While I don't necessarily think electronic cigarettes should be regulated persay, it might be nice to know what we are ingesting is safe. I order juice from US companies, but I believe nicotine still comes from elsewhere. It would be nice to know that it's safe, though it's obviously safer than smoking.

I have tried every other way to quit under the sun and this is the only thing that's worked for me. I hate to see it stomped all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread