Stop vaping because of throat/lung issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Not a new vaper at this point. But I had a sore throat a couple weeks back, and I should know better by now, but one of my first reactions was to try and blame it on something about vaping.

Within three days that sore throat turned into a sore throat - and congestion and swollen neck glands and coughing and a runny nose and blocked ears and body aches and a mild fever and sinus congestion. I caught a cold. It had nothing to do with vaping.

pan

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
mchenry, il
I have had a minor sore throat for 2 days. It went away a few hours after I realized that the throat issues started shortly after I cleaned my atty's....and worse with the one I dry burned. I may not mean anything..but I then dry burned all of them again, cleaned them after the dry burn with vinegar and rinsed...a lot..vinegar smells..lol. now I have been keeping the well saturated and the sore throat is gone..I dont think I had them wicking as easily as they had been. I seem to be sensitive to anything left behind..any ash created?..or any scorching of the wick.They were NOT hitting with a burnt flavor..just enough to irritate..the wicks were darkening at the tips. I gave up on all of the models that had the wire wrapped directly around the wick..although most people seem to have great luck with them. maybe after 2 weeks..the atty itself is irritating your throat...I only say this, because it happened to me.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I have had a minor sore throat for 2 days. It went away a few hours after I realized that the throat issues started shortly after I cleaned my atty's....and worse with the one I dry burned. I may not mean anything..but I then dry burned all of them again, cleaned them after the dry burn with vinegar and rinsed...a lot..vinegar smells..lol. now I have been keeping the well saturated and the sore throat is gone..I dont think I had them wicking as easily as they had been. I seem to be sensitive to anything left behind..any ash created?..or any scorching of the wick.They were NOT hitting with a burnt flavor..just enough to irritate..the wicks were darkening at the tips. I gave up on all of the models that had the wire wrapped directly around the wick..although most people seem to have great luck with them. maybe after 2 weeks..the atty itself is irritating your throat...I only say this, because it happened to me.

OMG! Vinegar is an acid, and it corrodes everything. Although mild, it shouldn´t be used on e-cigs. Get new attys soon!!!

EvilGrym

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Moscow,Russia (ecigtalk.ru)
The reason may be as discussed here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284030
Summary of more than 300 pages: wick material of pv is not suitable for vaping, and must be replaced with another one. There's some main opinions about replacemet material bamboo yarn (my favorite) , cotton (used first), stainless steel (classic, but hard to manage with).

After switchind to alternative wick throat simpthoms gone.

Отправлено с моего GT-I9000 через Tapatalk

Last edited:

pan

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
mchenry, il
hey Suzas..thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I have read the same advise posted over the past few years. Tried it for the first time yesterday..the iso alcohol didnt seem to rinse well..( care directions for the imist) oh well..I certainly am not going to recommend it again. I am starting to think that the only safe method is a new atty..that is not to say they cannnot be worked with..just never seems to work well for me...dry burning ANY atty seems to leave a burnt metalic flavor...thought I found the one thing to get rid of it..I guess live and learn (and not cause any harm in the process).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread