Status
Not open for further replies.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
That "sweet spot" is probably where the device is most accurate based on their code and hardware, and I imagine they had 28ga or thicker Ni200 in mind when they did this. Which is sort of great, with the floor being that low people aren't stuck with using delicate thin gauge wire, or a huge coil mass with thicker wire.

Doesn't mean you can't build on it with a higher minimum resistance like you must on a DNA40. Options are good. Flexibility is good.
I agree for sure. I'm just saying the thing works very well a long way from this supposed sweet spot also. Its really flexible it seems which must be a good thing.

Reactions: JimScotty0

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
That "sweet spot" is probably where the device is most accurate based on their code and hardware, and I imagine they had 28ga or thicker Ni200 in mind when they did this. Which is sort of great, with the floor being that low people aren't stuck with using delicate thin gauge wire, or a huge coil mass with thicker wire.

Doesn't mean you can't build on it with a higher minimum resistance like you must on a DNA40. Options are good. Flexibility is good.

Actually, have you tried building "high" resistance with it? That's where I see problems.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I said early on there is 'frequency filtering'. I don't care if you substitute "modulation" for filtering. Or, for that matter if you see and impose a periodicity.

vape it! Love it! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All this overnight techno talk makes my head spin...folks that are way more knowledgeable in the tech side ( EE's, IT's, Programmers, etc.) are offering their opinion. Your earlier reference to filtering peaked my interest. I contacted someone weeks ago that is very knowledgeable in TC.

The answer I got was basically this:

The sx does it in exactly the same way as the DNA40 but they didn't take the time to tune the device so it gets very unstable when temp limiting. This is why you may hear the pwm sound.

With that the techno talk and screen capture scope analysis discussion will continue to be interesting reading but way above my pay grade. I only wish this techno talk would have been posted in the thread that was put up for that purpose. Maybe a moderator could move all the techno talk over? I don't know, but just a thought.....

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
that's strange it seems stable to me. of course I probably do not know what I am looking at. I can say with certainty it does not make pwm sounds. I am afraid now people are making this not so long ago great device out to be behind the dna40. I don't know much tech stuff but I can tell you I like the vape better. in the end that is all that really matters,right? maybe the specs are not the highest but it works. I do not understand why you would build .4 ohm ni anyways. again, I do not proclaim to know much about this stuff.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Good Morning :)

As this Sub is for the discussions of Purchased items from a Manufacturer, let's keep the topic of the "board" to those items...

If you wish to discuss this "board" in reference to something you are building you will need to take it to the Modding Forum.

Discussions of home made items do not belong in APV Discussion, they belong in the Modding Forum

And...the continued disruptions of threads will stop now.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
that's strange it seems stable to me. of course I probably do not know what I am looking at. I can say with certainty it does not make pwm sounds. I am afraid now people are making this not so long ago great device out to be behind the dna40. I don't know much tech stuff but I can tell you I like the vape better. in the end that is all that really matters,right? maybe the specs are not the highest but it works. I do not understand why you would build .4 ohm ni anyways. again, I do not proclaim to know much about this stuff.
if it helps any.....
The sxmini is light years ahead of anything else on the market right now. I would go as far as to say it is the ideal single battery mod available. And having the option to run dual 18650s to double the output power makes it the perfect mod.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
I agree for sure. I'm just saying the thing works very well a long way from this supposed sweet spot also. Its really flexible it seems which must be a good thing.
I agree. I use the Kanger coils too which are quite a bit higher and give a fantastic vape, but I think it is even better when you build lower and perhaps a bit more accurate with the actual temperature setting.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
having thought about it, didnt someone (HolmanGT??) try a 0.4ohm Ni build on something or other?? Not a SX I dont think...

Theo,

I was shooting for 0.4 on a VF. I ended up with 0.37 ohms. Since the ECF forum software change I don't get email updates - Ugh. So I don't know what this conversation is about. I did the 0.4 thing just to see if the middle of the road suggestion from Evolv mad any difference. It worked fine but I didn't see any improvement in vape or stability. By the way it is not worth the effort to try and stuff a Dump Truck Axial Spring in a Mini-Cooper. :facepalm:

blowy666

Jul 29, 2014
Germany
Hello everybody,

I own this nice box now for a few days and have to questions:

1.) Do you also have problems with the battery cap? For me it is really hard and annoying to screw it back on the device after changing the battery...is this normal, or do you now any tricks to get it screwed on easier?

2.) I have mentioned that a Samsung 25R battery will last only about a third of a day...means I need 3 batteries per day. Using the Subtank with 0 9 ohms with 22 watts.

My Istick 50,which has 4400mA, lasts for 2 full days when using the same atty on the same watts...

Now I wonder if the SX Mini chip really needs so much more power than the IStick?

Or is it perhaps a faulty device that I have?

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
anyone... Bow do I change my mood? ^^^^

blowy...
the battery door does take a minute to get used to. I found starting it gently makes the process much easier. Once you're used to it, like anything, it becomes a non-issue.
let it gently slide past the the first Thread and you'll feel it bite.

the battery life, well its different for everyone's vape style, I'm a chain vapor and it does go through batteries quicker than a DNA 40, (I don't have an istck) but that stands to reason with higher power output. A mod like the istick has a 4400 mah battery a 25r is 2500 mah. Its just a math issue

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Hello everybody,

I own this nice box now for a few days and have to questions:

1.) Do you also have problems with the battery cap? For me it is really hard and annoying to screw it back on the device after changing the battery...is this normal, or do you now any tricks to get it screwed on easier?

2.) I have mentioned that a Samsung 25R battery will last only about a third of a day...means I need 3 batteries per day. Using the Subtank with 0 9 ohms with 22 watts.

My Istick 50,which has 4400mA, lasts for 2 full days when using the same atty on the same watts...

Now I wonder if the SX Mini chip really needs so much more power than the IStick?

Or is it perhaps a faulty device that I have?

1) If you put the end of the battery in the cap and holding the unit vertical insert the batter & cap. I use my fingers to get the cap started and sometime this requires a few CCW turn until you hear a small click and then slowly start to tighten. It is a bit of a pain. But keep in mind the thread are very fine and if you do it without due caution you will cross thread and then you may have real problems.

2) What the new PB videos he claims about eight hours on a battery which is about what I get at 20 joules 400 F TP.

As far as your iStick I don't think you can compare a 4400mAh battery to a 2500 mAh battery. But yes the SX is a little power hungry.

From what you have described I don't think there is anything wrong with your SX350J sounds like it is doing exactly as expected even if not what you would like.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
anyone... Bow do I change my mood? ^^^^

blowy...
the battery door does take a minute to get used to. I found starting it gently makes the process much easier. Once you're used to it, like anything, it becomes a non-issue.
let it gently slide past the the first Thread and you'll feel it bite.

the battery life, well its different for everyone's vape style, I'm a chain vapor and it does go through batteries quicker than a DNA 40, (I don't have an istck) but that stands to reason with higher power output. A mod like the istick has a 4400 mah battery a 25r is 2500 mah. Its just a math issue

Not really finding the batt life to be a major issue. I am swapping between 4 or five different mods so maybe its not so noticeable. I just replaced a 25R with 3.6V left and 16000J used...I agree it aint a istick 50!!

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Not really finding the batt life to be a major issue. I am swapping between 4 or five different mods so maybe its not so noticeable. I just replaced a 25R with 3.6V left and 16000J used...I agree it aint a istick 50!!

I'm usually switching between two devices each day as well. But I have found I'm using just the SXmini much much more than the other but I'm still getting a day of use. I'm not a chain vapor so mileage may vary. And also regarding the 25R's it seems there are a few that persistently can get 22-24kj out of theirs while I'm only able to get about 17.5kj max from two I just purchased a few weeks ago. I'm at 1/4 battery bar right now and about to pass the 17kj mark with a 1 yr old VTC5 with over 300 charge cycles right now.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
I've been swapping between 2sxminis and a dna40 throughout the day and still use a total of 4 batteries but none are completely crapped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread