retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Odd - I started to type a reply, changed my mind.
COULD NOT get rid of the halfway-done reply.
I "deleted" the content, it came back when I changed pages.
I CLOSED the tab with the this thread, and later, when I returned, my half-done post returned to haunt me.

Not a big deal, but I'm posting this because IT'S THE ONLY WAY I could get rid of that other post I decided not to post.

Xen Foro tips and tricks | E-Cigarette Forum

If you decide that you don't want to post it after all, delete the text and then click on the little picture of a disk, then select delete draft. You can also manually save as you type, too.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
"Set Conversations Prefix"

Just as an FYI: After following "Your" instructions exactly, I do not see this option at all in the drop down menu - nor after selecting the "Other Action" prompt . . . Thought Ya' should know . . . ;)

ALSO - Thankfully, the "Conversations" I have left (even prior to the migration) are finally being deleted . . .:thumbs:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
ok so am i missing something? I set the alerts not to alert me to new replies to threads, yet it still is showing up, i don't think the pop up box is showing anymore but the Alert menu at the top right still shows there's a new alert and it's just replies to topics.....

Are you subscribed to any of them? If so, different type of alert.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Retired1.. I'm seeing a new weird thing, thought I should mention. My smoke-free time in my signature is not being updated -- it still shows 8 months 4 wks and 2 days, although when I go to edit my sig, it shows the correct time, 9 months-some odd. Not sure why the forum is not permitting the time to update, in the actual forum, since it's updating just fine in the actual sig editor.

Andria

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
@retired1 I found something different about the conversations that I can't leave.

There are 6 of them. If I click on any one of them and open it then at the top there is a status,
Conversation Status:
All participants have left this conversation permanently

This is what it says for each one I can't leave/delete.

Also it only shows as one participant, me, even though there was another person.

Last edited:
Reactions: Katya and DC2

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
When trying to post a link to another thread, the Tile/text of it showed up in the 'Preview', but when I posted it only the URL came up...

I tried both ways... using the Link Tab, and just pasting it in the comment, with no difference either way.

Thanks for all of your help with the 'new' ECF!!

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Retired1.. I'm seeing a new weird thing, thought I should mention. My smoke-free time in my signature is not being updated -- it still shows 8 months 4 wks and 2 days, although when I go to edit my sig, it shows the correct time, 9 months-some odd. Not sure why the forum is not permitting the time to update, in the actual forum, since it's updating just fine in the actual sig editor.

Andria

Images, signatures and other things are cached heavily within XenForo. This helps increase the responsiveness of the software, even under a heavy load. Because of this, banners that reflect an ongoing timer are not going to be 100% accurate.

When trying to post a link to another thread, the Tile/text of it showed up in the 'Preview', but when I posted it only the URL came up...

I tried both ways... using the Link Tab, and just pasting it in the comment, with no difference either way.

Thanks for all of your help with the 'new' ECF!!

It would help if I had some examples to look at.

Reactions: spacekitty

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas

Andria

Same with mine, it's 3 days behind.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Images, signatures and other things are cached heavily within XenForo. This helps increase the responsiveness of the software, even under a heavy load. Because of this, banners that reflect an ongoing timer are not going to be 100% accurate.

Ok.. would clearing my cache help that?

thx!
Andria

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Reactions: AndriaD