SXmini M Class (TEMP CONTROL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
well shucks. the st is not in it's sweet spot. then you tell me it makes poor contact. I tried 430f, 18j again like vaping through a coffee straw. I mean is 520f, 36j going to explode on me or something? I have enough problems lol. otherwise I like it. I am sure I have no idea what you guys rba's are like. either way it is working better than dna for me. I am very pleased with it unless I am asking for trouble here. I just don't understand this since it is kicking it to half that anyways. something else very strange. the st leaks like a sieve on the dna40. nary a leak on the sx mini. I suppose I am pretty happy with it until I lose my arm or whatever. floats your boat cool, just don't let it sink. or am I misunderstanding why these settings are no good?

terrapinvaption

May 4, 2014
Nj
well shucks. the st is not in it's sweet spot. then you tell me it makes poor contact. I tried 430f, 18j again like vaping through a coffee straw. I mean is 520f, 36j going to explode on me or something? I have enough problems lol. otherwise I like it. I am sure I have no idea what you guys rba's are like. either way it is working better than dna for me. I am very pleased with it unless I am asking for trouble here. I just don't understand this since it is kicking it to half that anyways. something else very strange. the st leaks like a sieve on the dna40. nary a leak on the sx mini. I suppose I am pretty happy with it until I lose my arm or whatever. floats your boat cool, just don't let it sink. or am I misunderstanding why these settings are no good?

Did you try warming the subtank till it reads 0.15 ohms and then locking it? Try that it will fix your problem.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
oh darnit. I thought he had just solved this. I guess getting it hot and raising the settings is two approaches to bandaid the problem. if either works I do not see the issue. I think the issue is that the kanger coil is too low. not much I can do there. oh well. you would think they would have made the thing compatible with a range of ohms. I guess this is not perfect either. however I had similar settings on dna40. perhaps this coil is just too low. not yihi or evolvs fault but kangers I guess.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Incidently now Vapor Shark is selling the SX that might tell you something.

They also sell the iStick 30, iPV Mini V2, KBox, and MVP3... I wouldn't read too much into the fact that they sell the SXmini. They sell what sells, pretty good business practice

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side

Hope ya get it figured out...the leaking comes from the atty and not the device.....TC involves a learning curve we all must navigate... it's frustrating sometimes but I think you will get there...

Reactions: JimScotty0

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
I don't have a subtank, but the ni200 coils from aspire were vaping terrible for the first tank, so I slapped it on my vsrdna40, after the first tank, I refilled it put in on the sx, and the Rt went from 0.16 fresh to 0.11 and its been vaping like a champ since.
maybe those prefab coils have a break in period?
I dunno, none of my builds have had an issue yet.

Last edited:

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
Hey people, I think I found something.

Yesterday, for the first time, I washed my wire in a hot ultrasonic bath. It could be a placebo but I sware it tastes so much more rich.

If you are not getting good flavour. I would try cleaning your coil and see if it makes a difference.

Hi sorry if it seems a stupid question.. Dun have a untrasonic cleaner but may get one..
U mean coiling the wire, clean it and mount the coil or clean the roll of wire 1st then cut for coiling?

PapaPro

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2015
London
Hi sorry if it seems a stupid question.. Dun have a untrasonic cleaner but may get one..
U mean coiling the wire, clean it and mount the coil or clean the roll of wire 1st then cut for coiling?

I mean wash your Ni200 before you work with it. I cut 15cm strips and wash them with washing up liquid and then a good rince. I find very warm water better but the idea is to wash any oils from production from your materials. This should be done for your atty's too. You can get mess from the production tools.

Braddahbill

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2012
Hawaii

I would not stick the whole spool in. If anything cut what you need and put it in or the coil after wrapping.

Reactions: JimScotty0

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
oh darnit. I thought he had just solved this. I guess getting it hot and raising the settings is two approaches to bandaid the problem. if either works I do not see the issue. I think the issue is that the kanger coil is too low. not much I can do there. oh well. you would think they would have made the thing compatible with a range of ohms. I guess this is not perfect either. however I had similar settings on dna40. perhaps this coil is just too low. not yihi or evolvs fault but kangers I guess.
The coil is actually on the higher ohms rating for the SX but it wasn't designed for the SX M Class, it was designed for the DNA40 chip. But even though it isn't optimal for the SX it is still well within the range of the SX and still works well for me.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
I haven't tried washing the entire roll in the ultrasonic cleaner myself since I think the inner winds wouldn't get properly cleaned. I just cut off a few lengths and put them in the bath along with anything else around needing cleaning.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
jimscotty, what are you set at? I don't understand why I need it so high. perhaps I expect more than it was designed for. I am getting gobs of vapor and flavor though. pleased regardless. I just do not understand what exactly is bad about having it set so high. I hope it is not a safety issue. I did the same thing with the dna40. it is great but lower does not suit me.

some have talked down on the sx, others had nothing but praise. honestly I don't know enough to see a difference anyways. I do know when a chip is dead however, guess which ones. I think they brought forth a pretty darn good effort here. I just want a custom mod with the 350j now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread