Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
So I Googled Chrome extensions and found the following extensions that I have enabled at this time...

It's easy to get to... open Chrome, select Settings ( under the three bars on the right of the top menu ) and then select Extensions from left side menu. You can disable each just by removing the checkmark for them... and re-enable when done.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
The who is in the what now?

So I Googled Chrome extensions and found the following extensions that I have enabled at this time...
--Google Docs
--Norton Security Toolbar
--Ubuntu light-themes scroll bar
--Website logins

This hovering thing is something I am motivated to solve.
Wish me luck!
:laugh:
Luck!
I still haven't solved it for FF either. But I have, let's say, a complex config and I'm not as motivated.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
It's easy to get to... open Chrome, select Settings ( under the three bars on the right of the top menu ) and then select Extensions from left side menu. You can disable each just by removing the checkmark for them... and re-enable when done.
I found the extensions, and noted which were enabled...
But none of those look like a likely culprit...

Well, MAYBE the Norton Security Toolbar.
But I can't disable that or I won't get website information from Norton.

I want to hover!!!

Reactions: oldbikeguy

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I found the extensions, and noted which were enabled...
But none of those look like a likely culprit...

Well, MAYBE the Norton Security Toolbar.
But I can't disable that or I won't get website information from Norton.

I want to hover!!!

Disabling temporarily as a test doesn't mean you can't re-enable something later... but you won't know until you try. There are certainly other possibilities also... this test is quick and easy where the other things would take real work and may require a bit of expertise as well.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Disabling temporarily as a test doesn't mean you can't re-enable something later... but you won't know until you try. There are certainly other possibilities also... this test is quick and easy where the other things would take real work and may require a bit of expertise as well.
If I disable an extension, do I need to reboot?
Or do I just need to close out of Chrome?

Or should the change take effect immediately, just by opening a new tab?

I ask because I have open websites with order numbers that I want to keep open.
At least until I get their confirmation emails.
:)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
The who is in the what now?

--Google Docs
--Norton Security Toolbar
--Ubuntu light-themes scroll bar
--Website logins

This hovering thing is something I am motivated to solve.
Wish me luck!
:laugh:

I just checked, and I have 35 chrome apps. :facepalm: No, I don't use most of them, so they could be removed... but just trying to figure out which ones to remove and which to disable might be an all-day affair. Think I'll just stick with FF for ECF, and chrome as my default browser.

Andria

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
If I disable an extension, do I need to reboot?
Or do I just need to close out of Chrome?

Or should the change take effect immediately, just by opening a new tab?

I ask because I have open websites with order numbers that I want to keep open.
At least until I get their confirmation emails.
:)

You won't need to reboot but some extensions will require that you close Chrome ( not all, so just assume you will need too ).

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I just checked, and I have 35 chrome apps. :facepalm: No, I don't use most of them, so they could be removed... but just trying to figure out which ones to remove and which to disable might be an all-day affair. Think I'll just stick with FF for ECF, and chrome as my default browser.

Andria

The more add-ons/extensions or toolbars that any browser you use has... the slower it will respond on the internet. So I always recommend removing those that you don't use.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
The more add-ons/extensions or toolbars that any browser you use has... the slower it will respond on the internet. So I always recommend removing those that you don't use.

Considering I just upgraded from a Win XP Pro P4 (single processor) to a dual-core (virtual quad) i5 with 16gb RAM, and something like 50megabit internet... nothing much slow here, unless it's just not working. :D I'm sure at some point I'll be hollering "hurry up and do something!" at it as I have all my previous PCs, but at the moment it seems like a "magic box," it does everything so fast. :D

Andria

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I may have missed it but I am getting this error once and a while.

This page can’t be displayed
Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to E-Cigarette Forum again. If this error persists, contact your site administrator.

My settings are already correct and set as advised and when I hit refresh the page reloads fine.

:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread