East Coast, USA
Reactions: Pinggolfer

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I have the same reply 2 shipping charges. First response I received was I'm not sure what's wrong. Has anyone found a retailer who does firmware updates. Looking at the map they show I clicked dozens of retailers and non say authorized update dealer.

In any event I'm waiting to see how much shipping is required to send both P3's back and forth. I'm not cheap by any means but I would think Provape would pay to ship them back. I can see me paying to ship it to them. :(

the shipping cost is not the problem so much for me ... I want to send it to them and have them ship it back to Florida by the 24th.

They told me it would take longer than 9 days to update it :glare:

I'm actually regretting buying the P3 because of this upgrade I will not be able to get.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Reactions: LittleBird

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
the shipping cost is not the problem so much for me ... I want to send it to them and have them ship it back to Florida by the 24th.

They told me it would take longer than 9 days to update it :glare:

I'm actually regretting buying the P3 because of this upgrade I will not be able to get.
Tomorrow is the 7th. If you overnighted it and asked it to be overnighted (or 2 day) back, might that work? It's a lot more expensive, but perhaps a possibility ...

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Thanks Sir Rod ... unfortunately, the closest place is 75 miles from me.

and it might as well be 750 miles away ... because it looks more like a pawn shop than a vape store :blink:

www.jcsecondchance.com :glare:
Talk about being snooty... (is that what your being?)

I was looking forward to the one that was in a neighboring state, and it was over 125 miles one way.

I mean come on, he has got the updater device, you want the update, seems like a nice drive/vape session to me?!?

Excuse me if I am outta line, Jim

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Talk about being snooty... (is that what your being?)

I was looking forward to the one that was in a neighboring state, and it was over 125 miles one way.

I mean come on, he has got the updater device, you want the update, seems like a nice drive/vape session to me?!?

Excuse me if I am outta line, Jim

sorry you feel that way about me Jim, however, I don't drive ... therefore, 75 miles might as well be 750 miles.

I live in a city of over 3 million people (the 5th largest city in North America) ... and there is nowhere in this city to get this update done.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I couldn't find an authorized update dealer, either. And I'm relatively near DC! But I figure $10 for what are essentially new devices - I sub ohm frequently - is a good deal. Especially if I can count on ProVari safety!

LB......Reistertown's near Baltimore:

VapeXcape, LLC
40.3 miles
34 Main Street
Reisterstown MD 21136
USA
Phone: 410-833-0680
Email: marks@vapexcape.com

Go for a nice drive, have your P3 updated, then stop off at Phillips Crab House at the Inner Harbor and have some crabs

Reactions: LittleBird

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
sorry you feel that way about me Jim, however, I don't drive ... therefore, 75 miles might as well be 750 miles.

I live in a city of over 3 million people (the 5th largest city in North America) ... and there is nowhere in this city to get this update done.
I don't feel that way about you Willie.

Your adding the fact that you don't drive certainly adds a different view to your story as well, no?!?

I just looked at the Provape map again, and the closest for me is about a 5 hour drive. Not gonna happen.

Perhaps you could contact that Pawn Shop, and see whether they could do it via post for you?

Misunderstood, Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014

VapeXcape, LLC
40.3 miles
34 Main Street
Reisterstown MD 21136
USA

Go for a nice drive, have your P3 updated, then stop off at Phillips Crab House at the Inner Harbor and have some crabs
And don't forget to stop off in Baltimore for some late-night fun!!!

LOLz, Jim

Reactions: Bronze

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I don't feel that way about you Willie.

Your adding the fact that you don't drive certainly adds a different view to your story as well, no?!?

I just looked at the Provape map again, and the closest for me is about a 5 hour drive. Not gonna happen.

Perhaps you could contact that Pawn Shop, and see whether they could do it via post for you?

Misunderstood, Jim

The fact I cannot send this to them and have them ship it back to Florida by May 24th is a deal breaker for me.

They already have 2 of my Provaris (one brand new and one with a loose board) ... those are supposed to be delivered by May24th to Florida.

What has now happened with this upgrade was the only reason I was on the fence about buying the P3 ... I wish I had of went with my gut feeling about this.

The bottom line is, with no way of doing future upgrades without incurring hefty costs or travelling far distances ... the P3 is just not suitable for me to keep putting money into it.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The bottom line is, with no way of doing future upgrades without incurring hefty costs or travelling far distances ... the P3 is just not suitable for me to keep putting money into it.

And this was one of the things I was concerned with.

Reactions: WillyZee

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
The fact I cannot send this to them and have them ship it back to Florida by May 24th is a deal breaker for me.

They already have 2 of my Provaris (one brand new and one with a loose board) ... those are supposed to be delivered by May24th to Florida.

What has now happened with this upgrade was the only reason I was on the fence about buying the P3 ... I wish I had of went with my gut feeling about this.

How much to ship it the 75 miles to your closest update dealer?

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL

I can hear your frustration, but even with the new upgrades in the software, you'll never notice any difference in the vape. Even a Beta P3 will vape exactly as nicely as one updated or not.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA

VapeXcape, LLC
40.3 miles
34 Main Street
Reisterstown MD 21136
USA

How did you find that?!? Thanks so much! I'm going to call, first thing tomorrow morning. It's a hike - about 1 1/2 hours without traffic - but I like Balmer :)

RB, I'm sorry you're still feeling badly. Shall I bake a pie and send it down?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread