Vaping flavourless e-liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Mokum, NL, Europe
I vape mostly unflavoured 90/10 VG/Water for almost 1.5 years now, nic varies between 6 and 24 depending on device and mood. I just like the taste of diluted raw nic base, but the differences between suppliers is quite large. Some are simply disgusting and go right into the bin (mostly because of slight chemical taste), some are too flavourless and remind me of a steamy shower cabin (but with a throat hit), while others are just great with a natural and earthy taste that never bores me. (@TraceyS: MFS is one of my favourites)

Reactions: TraceyS

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Could anyone tell me if flavorless VG leaves any sweet scent either in the immediate vicinity or on your clothes? My vapist partner who has a bloodhound sense of smell constantly complains about this so I'm looking to go flavourless.

Pretty cheap to test. I don't notice any sweetness in a room but there may be a mustiness if I don't have a fan running. Air cleaners work well.

Reactions: Jin_888

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
    Feb 2, 2012
    london
    Pretty cheap to test. I don't notice any sweetness in a room but there may be a mustiness if I don't have a fan running. Air cleaners work well.

Thanks. I asked just in case it was better to go for a PG based flavorless. Thing is, vapers often can't detect the smell of their own vapor, much like cigarette smokers don't notice the stink that is left on their clothes. I prefer VG though and shall give it a go.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I've tested several brands and found Wizard Labs to give me a "fullness?" in the vape, so have stuck with them since '12 I think.
    I used to only use the very clean type, but found it too bland.
    Tested recently in an old clearomiser ( I only use cartos ), didn't taste any different.
    Never tried steeping or felt it needed it.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Thanks. I asked just in case it was better to go for a PG based flavorless. Thing is, vapers often can't detect the smell of their own vapor, much like cigarette smokers don't notice the stink that is left on their clothes. I prefer VG though and shall give it a go.

Yeah, I don't see how your friend would pick up the smell if they have a nose full of their own vape.

Reactions: Jin_888

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
    Feb 2, 2012
    london
    Yeah, I don't see how your friend would pick up the smell if they have a nose full of their own vape.

It's my partner who has been complaining for over a year. She neither vapes or smokes and can detect when I have been using heavy VG 'gourmet' liquids as soon as I walk in the room - even when I have been vaping outside with the breeze blowing away from me. She can out-sniff airport sniffer dogs. Anyway I'm expecting some flavorless liquid today. In the end I ordered 70/30 PG/VG as I need it to work in more than device - one of which is an eRoll-C cig-a-like that doesn't wick thick juices very well. I hope this stuff won't be too bland. If so maybe I can get away with adding a touch of menthol without leaving a scent.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread