Status
Not open for further replies.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Farsalino is sayin don't ever heat your coils red now cause it makes them dangerous. If he knew how much gas I breath in welding NiChrome and Stainless, he'd have a heart attack :)
The end of microcoils? | E-Cigarette Forum
Thanks for that! I now have allot of reading to do. But without watching the video yet it sounds like going the TC route is even more important than ever. But I should watch the video first. Good stuff! :thumb:

Reactions: Bikenstein

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
JimScotty0 are you saying in ECO you can't use gravity to change joules or temp anymore?
I am saying that you can no longer change your Joules in any of the memory settings using the gravity sensor regardless if you turned it on or off. You can still use it within the main menu unless you turned it off.

Reactions: craigsdocks

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Thanks for that! I now have allot of reading to do. But without watching the video yet it sounds like going the TC route is even more important than ever. But I should watch the video first. Good stuff! :thumb:
YW Jim. My thoughts exactly on TC, but I'm not up for an hour long video tonite. I plan to watch it though :)

Reactions: JimScotty0

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Anyone tried the upgrade on a iMac? I tried making a wineskin wrapper to run it but the files are greyed out and not selectable.
No, but I use VirtualBox to run a Windows session on my Mac's. It is free and you can get it at VirtualBox.org. For a free version of Windows you can get Windows 10 Preview with a quick Google search and that is supported on VirtualBox. Then you have a fully functional Windows OS where you can run anything you like.

Angus T Rat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2015
No, but I use VirtualBox to run a Windows session on my Mac's. It is free and you can get it at VirtualBox.org. For a free version of Windows you can get Windows 10 Preview with a quick Google search and that is supported on VirtualBox. Then you have a fully functional Windows OS where you can run anything you like.

Hey thanks! I'll try that.

craigsdocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Northeast USA
www.craigsdocks.com
I am saying that you can no longer change your Joules in any of the memory settings using the gravity sensor regardless if you turned it on or off. You can still use it within the main menu unless you turned it off.

Ok thanks, yeah I am seeing this as well even though my firmware is different number, so its a bug even on the chip update, but yes works in main menu as before, just not working in the memory slots

TheVaper

May 25, 2015
Now

1- tried restoring original firmware (got it from Yihi support)
2- Tried reflashing 120 and 150

result is the same

1- Power is very strange, I am getting burnt taste I never got, I even burnt a coil, switched it, and almost burning the second now

2- Sensor is not working on all three firmwares even when Sensor = On and Display = Auto

Any ideas?

Braddahbill

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2012
Hawaii
Just bought one of these and am excited for it to come in. I've previously only used 18350s, so does anyone have a recommendation on the best 18650 for use with it? I heard the 25R but am not sure.

You will get as many opinions on what is the best battery as there are grains of sand on the beach and that is just what they are....opinions. I will say that I have only been using Samsung 25Rs and with my vaping preference of 20 to 30 Joules/Watts the Sam 25Rs have been doing a good job. I also have some LG HE4s coming in which are also 20 amp batteries.

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
Just bought one of these and am excited for it to come in. I've previously only used 18350s, so does anyone have a recommendation on the best 18650 for use with it? I heard the 25R but am not sure.
I use 25r, lg he2 he4 and sony vtc 4 and they all work good get the most out of 25r and lg he4 which im sending you 2 lg he4 with your sx.

Reactions: Brotolemaeus

littlewierdo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX - USA
Seriously, what is Yihi doing?

So now I go to the SXmini M Class manufacturers,SXmini M Class exporters,SXmini M Class suppliers,SXmini M Class OEM service. page and scroll to the bottom in the downloads page and there is a new 'original' 1.4 firmware, except, the original firmware was 1.31...

They really need to get some quality control going on.

For those that want to use soft or powerful, we are destined to have our displays stay on for a minute, its absurd. Eco is completely unnecessary.

I dont need, and I dont care about memory settings, I can press the button for a few seconds to change my Joules if I need to, not to mention that its absurd the memory setting doesnt save the temperature, making memory settings absolutely useless.

Seriously, if they simply provided a setting to increment temp and watts / joules by x amount, it would make changing these settings much faster. Seriously, who needs 13.3 watts at 421 degrees? Make a setting that allows watts / joules to be increased in a user specified .1, .2, .5, or 1 increments and temperature in 1, 2, or 5 degree increments.

Also, the Cel vs Far setting should be moved in the menu, I should change my watts / joules, change my temp, then have the exit menu, no one needs to change that setting every time they change their watts / joules / temps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread