Not open for further replies.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Single coil here. 29ga, 2mm/8 wraps@1.5 ohms (I use this same build on all my atomizers be it the Derringer, Magma, or kayfun 4).

I would like to see more pictures of folks single coil builds on the Derringer so I can get some better ideas for wicking. I use cotton yarn I bought at Joann's for everything that fits perfectly in a 2mm coil, but because its twisted yarn, the entire space underneath my coil is empty since both 'tails' are pushed back into the empty side of the well.. I keep thinking that its just wasted space underneath the coil and I should be doing something differently.. I love the vape on it but cant help thinking I could 'optimize' it more.

Reactions: Ryanmcg1

Nickstive

Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Western NY
Dual 24g Eco-plat with 2.4 inner diameter. Ohms out around .19 and hits like a freight train.

9e3e3bc9e01c6cca4ae4fecc6cb2a941.jpg

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I have a dual coil setup with 26g kanthal wrapped 9 times on a 2.38125mm screwdriver (3/32"). Comes out to 0.6 ohms and have it at 50W on my iStick 50W. I'm not sure the flavor on this thing is better than my Magma, but it sure produces some ridiculous vapor.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 200

Lord Vaako

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2012
CT
I've been using an authentic since they first came out. I've got a Prax2s, but mainly run it on the Sigelei box you're using, but at 60-100w (depending on juice). Mostly 60w with Grant's Custard. Here's what I'm using.

- Dual parallel coils @.14ohm (g-plat elite 26g) + organic cotton (cotton bacon brand strips).

and some tips I posted in the flavor chaser thread:
  1. Center your coils and rebuild them when they start to show wear.
  2. Don't over pack it with cotton. Leave a little room under each coil so air can get under them.
  3. Use 2 holes on the ring.
  4. The drip tip matters. You want a tight seal - best tip I've found is the Trinity Copa
I know a lot of people swear by Clapton coils and other exotic builds, and they are good, I've tried them - however a parallel coil I found gives me the best bang for the amount of time spent building.

Reactions: thmstwwng

RiceBurner95

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2014
Leeds, AL
The Derringer is my favorite temp control dripper. The tiny chamber really makes for great flavor and dense warm vapor. I'm running a twisted 30ga. wire wrapped around a 3mm screw driver 11 times for a ~.15ohm build. It's a tight fit in there with only a mm to spare around the coil. Once you get it positioned right, it's an awesome vape. Better flavor than any other RDA I've used, especially with nickel wire. I'm in love!

m9FzTRN.jpg

Reactions: Ryanmcg1

theirry

Jun 12, 2015
Single coil here. 29ga, 2mm/8 wraps@1.5 ohms (I use this same build on all my atomizers be it the Derringer, Magma, or Kayfun 4).

I would like to see more pictures of folks single coil builds on the Derringer so I can get some better ideas for wicking. I use cotton yarn I bought at Joann's for everything that fits perfectly in a 2mm coil, but because its twisted yarn, the entire space underneath my coil is empty since both 'tails' are pushed back into the empty side of the well.. I keep thinking that its just wasted space underneath the coil and I should be doing something differently.. I love the vape on it but cant help thinking I could 'optimize' it more.
Try making the ends a lil longer and then fray them for better absorbsion

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
Hello, just started posting on the forum & put this pic on my intro thread just for the sake of leaning how to post pics, more justice for it here.

It's dual 26GA parallels 8 wraps on 3mm
wvu2rq.jpg

2vx54pl.jpg

Only had this Derringer for a couple weeks. First put 2mm 26GA parallels at .20 ohms. 2mm left soo much room I went with my go to 3mm parallels xxGA for all my builds, love them parallels flavor and ramp up time is better.
Was hoping for more flavor on the Derringer. May have to do less wraps for under .20 ohms. My tugboat v2 has 3mm 24GA Parallels at .18 ohms and get way better flavor and vapor output.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Try making the ends a lil longer and then fray them for better absorbsion

What I do now is just tuck one side directly under the coil and let the other one wrap around the other side like normal. Kind of a pain getting the one side under the coil but Ive got tools and stuff that help position it without being too big Im messing up the coil. I do the exact same thing on my Bonsai clone as well, works like a charm and seems to hold more juice now too.

Latest builds are now 26ga, 10 wraps at 2mm puts it at 1.0 ohm almost on the dot..

Reactions: Deryan3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread