Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemptation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Ridgeland,MS
Right. One of the biggest hold backs on that is voltage drop tho b And why it is a major factor for cloud chasers and their nice mechs. Cause most of them can get the build. 22 or 20' gauge. 4-5 wraps. Centered. But the mod has to be able to handle it. And if you run that chart. .2-.4 voltage drop can mean the world. Lol

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Basically you adjust the blue knob/thingy with a small Phillips screwdriver to adjust the wattage you want to vape at (it tops at 15,) put the kick on the kick ring of the mech mod, or just way up top where the positive pin of the mech would touch the pin/plate on the kick, put your battery in, with the positive touching the bulge below the kick, and there you go (based on the Kick2 by evolv, as that the only one I have.)

Hope it was clear enough and helps, if not I can try to get some pics up later when I arrive home.

Oh, and you should use a battery size smaller than the tube(s)/tube combination allows to. E.g. If your mech is sized for an 18650, use an 18500 instead to allow for the kick.

Does the kick provide any safety features? I'm thinking that's what LB is asking.

Yes. The kick is like a fuse. An in between the battery and mod. Not only to provide regulated power. But to trip if you go wrong.

Thank you, gentlemen! This is just the information for which I was looking!

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Kicks function as a regulating module that sits on top of your battery in a mech so you can have the benefits of regulation in your mech. As mentioned you have to set your wattage before you close it up and then you have to live with that setting. You can't change that setting on the fly, a minor inconvenience with a mech. I tend to set them to 4V, whatever that works out to in watts with my resistance because they read in watts, battery standard more or less, and then my battery doesn't drop off the way an unregulated battery will. They aren't all that accurate, but they are fine for mechs. One thing: kicks do not have reverse battery protection. You will fry your module if you put your battery in backwards. Kicks do provide some of the protection of regulated mods, but they aren't ProVaris.

Last edited:

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
I wanted to add that kicks don't make much sense anymore, in a world full of regulated mods.

The only reason to use one these days is that you want to make a fashion statement and you just have to have regulation.

Personally, I don't carry mechs anymore. I do use them at home sometimes, but it is easy to change the battery there, and I have the tools needed to check resistance and voltage ready to hand.

Mechs are kind of a PITA . They do have a place but convenience is not their forte.

My mechs are all for hobby vaping, playing with builds, etc., not for day to day vaping anymore.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Reading back over some of the earlier posts, vis a vis mechs and kicks and sub-ohming, here is the dilemma with kicks overall: they defeat the purpose for using a mech to some degree. You want to get some power going with your mech, so you need to build low, but the kick is going to limit you. Sure, they provide safety, but only within the limits of a pretty standard regulated mod. Sub-ohming is really about getting, what was at one time, that big power bump that wasn't available in a regulated mod. Well, now days, it is available in regulated mods that put out stupid amounts of power if you like that sort of thing. But then, what is the point of sub-ohming your super-dooper 400W regulated mod now? Big fat wire. That's the point. Not that it is a good one imo. You need more power to run these things and big wire means low ohms if you are going to get a coil small enough to fit in your atty. I don't personally think it makes alot of sense anymore myself. But, diferent strokes and all. Okay, now I'm just rambling. Long day. Sorry about the lack of paragraghs. Maybe I'll go back and put them in later. Lol.

COHgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Kansas
Below is a quote from the OP of the hate thread.

"I just don't see the value in a provari. I know they have great customer service, and a great warranty. But there are lifetime warranty mods, or mods that simply cannot fail, for 1/2 the price of one provari. And how long have you gone without going for a new mod? In the last 2 years, I've had at least 15 different mods."

Provari is a waste of money so I went out and bought 15 different mods. Duh

15 mods in 2 years? Why, they could have had a rainbow of Provari flavors! BTDT! :D

COHgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Kansas
You didn't miss anything. Trust me. Just another young boy with an abundance of testosterone and ego running his mouth about things he knows nothing about.

Oh to be young again when I knew everything!!

I'm having more fun being older, wiser, and having more money to buy toys with :thumbs:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Reading back over some of the earlier posts, vis a vis mechs and kicks and sub-ohming, here is the dilemma with kicks overall: they defeat the purpose for using a mech to some degree. You want to get some power going with your mech, so you need to build low, but the kick is going to limit you. Sure, they provide safety, but only within the limits of a pretty standard regulated mod. Sub-ohming is really about getting, what was at one time, that big power bump that wasn't available in a regulated mod. Well, now days, it is available in regulated mods that put out stupid amounts of power if you like that sort of thing. But then, what is the point of sub-ohming your super-dooper 400W regulated mod now? Big fat wire. That's the point. Not that it is a good one imo. You need more power to run these things and big wire means low ohms if you are going to get a coil small enough to fit in your atty. I don't personally think it makes alot of sense anymore myself. But, diferent strokes and all. Okay, now I'm just rambling. Long day. Sorry about the lack of paragraghs. Maybe I'll go back and put them in later. Lol.
Pretty much sums it up.

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
Morning all. The new coil in the Russian is vaping away nicely! Have a great day one and all!

Glad to hear it! I know I really don't have to, but I've been building a new coil when I change my wick for my 2 V4's and the Russian. I know the coils are still good, it's just that I wanted to get some practice on coil building...

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Glad to hear it! I know I really don't have to, but I've been building a new coil when I change my wick for my 2 V4's and the Russian. I know the coils are still good, it's just that I wanted to get some practice on coil building...

I hear you on getting practice. I have been building coils now just a few weeks. My coils look good and I've gotten faster building them. Attaching them to the teeny tiny posts and positioned correctly is is another story. I've actually gotten pretty good at wicking as well.

Reactions: NeoGoldenBoy

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I bought a box of Koh Gen Do organic cotton with 60 pads in it a few weeks ago. Yesterday I used up the last of the first pad from the box. Gee at this rate that box is going to last a loooong time...

Yes, cotton goes a long way. I suspect I'll still be using the cotton in two years from the first bag of Cotton Bacon I purchased a while ago......

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Apparently the Russian is out for delivery. I'll be taking this EhPro off later today!

c5b9750e0f29b2e623e2748dc542e3ff.jpg

-Sent via Tapatalk

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
I hear you on getting practice. I have been building coils now just a few weeks. My coils look good and I've gotten faster building them. Attaching them to the teeny tiny posts and positioned correctly is is another story. I've actually gotten pretty good at wicking as well.
I hear you on the little bitty screws, RB! Hate 'em! By contrast, the posts with the slots in them are soooo much easier - slide the wire through and done. Wish all attys were that configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread