Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
I'm using cap'n crunch in mine not 100% there tho need to get some honey. How do dilute it?

I think this may have already been covered in this thread, but basically you just make a batch of honey flavouring diluted with PG, then use that instead of the pure flavouring.
EG.
PG 95%
TFA Honey 5%

Then you use that in your mixes, each percent used in the final mix will be 0.05% of original honey flavour. This way you get to use only tiny amounts of honey flavouring in the mix.

Or if that is a little too weak, then use 10% TFA Honey with 90%PG, which will equate to 0.10% of original Honey Flavour per new recipe percent.

Obviously if you have super accurate scales you can skip this step, but due to droplet size you will be hard pushed to get anything less than 0.02g (0.02ml) in the mixture.

Reactions: babaker1014

matrix961

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
East Coast USA
So basically when I was messing around with using the TFA honey, in order for me to get a light honey taste on exhale below is what I had to do.

Add 1 drop of straight TFA Honey to 4ml of PG, Mix and add 1 drop of that per 10ml of your juice. Even with such a tiny amount I was able to taste it perfectly on exhale. It was a very light honey flavor and it was only on exhale for me.

I also found a more golden honey flavor but have not done any testing in M&H with it. It's the Honey flavor from hangsen and to me it's the closest I've found to a golden honey flavor.

I'm still testing with using honeysuckle in tiny amounts. I'm still sensing this type of note on exhale and this comes the closest. Right now I'm finding that only 3 drops per 10ml does the trick and it doesn't need to be diluted.

I'm also having nice results with the AP I now have. At only 2 drops per 10ml it's definitely working well. It's a bit of a strange flavor to me since it doesn't smell that strong but when you add it even in small amounts to a juice boy does it come out after steeping a bit.

Hope everyone is doing well with their recipe attempts. :)

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
I am still waiting on a shipment of ingredients, so I am of no help so far.

However, I did see on another forum someone stating a recipe for M&H, they stated that it was sooooooooo close to the original!

It was by LostVapes
Bavarian Cream (TPA) 2%
Butterscotch (TPA) 3%
Caramel (Original) (TPA) 2%
Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA) 3%
Marshmallow (TPA) 3%
Toasted Almond (TPA) 4%
Vanilla Swirl (TPA) 3%

The thing that strikes me as odd is the lack of both peanut butter & Banana Cream, which do seem to be present in all other clone attempts.
Anyway, if someone has the ingredients it might be worth a shot (or a variation with Banana Cream).

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I am still waiting on a shipment of ingredients, so I am of no help so far.

However, I did see on another forum someone stating a recipe for M&H, they stated that it was sooooooooo close to the original!

It was by LostVapes
Bavarian Cream (TPA) 2%
Butterscotch (TPA) 3%
Caramel (Original) (TPA) 2%
Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA) 3%
Marshmallow (TPA) 3%
Toasted Almond (TPA) 4%
Vanilla Swirl (TPA) 3%

The thing that strikes me as odd is the lack of both peanut butter & Banana Cream, which do seem to be present in all other clone attempts.
Anyway, if someone has the ingredients it might be worth a shot (or a variation with Banana Cream).
I've got all these. I may give it a shot. I'm wary of the butterscotch though. It usually ends up making liquids taste like celery to me... ill give it a shot!

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I just mixed a 10ml sample. I'll say this: Probably a good thing it doesn't have PB flavoring in it. After a couple whips with my milk frother, it smells very peanut buttery just with the toasted almond. Smells pretty good! I don't have a wicked up dripper right now, but when I rewick my Reo I'll give it a taste and see how it is!

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Wow! That does sound promising!
Maybe I have to add some more flavourings to my list...
Just as an aside. I dont have graham cracker (clear) just the dark. I dont know of the flavor difference other than just the color of it. I'll have to look into that.

Quick google-fu says they both taste almost identical. Just that the dark gunks coils. (It came first, so that's probably why they made a clear version)

matrix961

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
East Coast USA
I don't have the butterscotch but do have everything else. Ill give this a try without the scotch. Hell maybe i'll just replace that with banana cream @ 1% and increase the shmallow and swirl 1% each to compensate for the loss of the scotch. Ill give the recipe Doubleewe found and see how it goes. :)

In my other test recipes im really liking the AP and honeysuckle. Its created a good vape for me if nothing else. My latest most recent recipe is even below 20% LOL. :p

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I dripped some yesterday evening when I rewicked my Reo and its VERY nutty! I'm not going to count this tasting because I know that with all the cream and vanilla in it, the nuttyness will tone down and round out as it ages in the next couple of weeks. I'll give it another taste this weekend and see how it fares. (I don't like speed steeping)

nicobeak

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2014
Nashville, TN
Just as an aside. I dont have graham cracker (clear) just the dark. I dont know of the flavor difference other than just the color of it. I'll have to look into that.

Quick google-fu says they both taste almost identical. Just that the dark gunks coils. (It came first, so that's probably why they made a clear version)
The dark has corn syrup and food coloring in it. Neither of which are suggested to vape (well, I don't know that anything is suggested to vape)

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
The dark has corn syrup and food coloring in it. Neither of which are suggested to vape (well, I don't know that anything is suggested to vape)
Yeah. What is safe. LOL!

Just an update to my sample. After I mixed it, I kept whiffing at it while squeezing the bottle and I was like: "what does this smell like?!?" It smelled like something that I knew but couldn't put my finger on it. I was "burping" the bottle yesterday and it hit me. it smells just like The Virus!!! I mean dead on! I haven't tried it again since the first taste because I was going to let it sit a few more days. I'm going to drip some more tonight and see if the "nutty" has calmed down any from what it was when it was fresh. I'll come back and update later on.

matrix961

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
East Coast USA
Yeah. What is safe. LOL!

Just an update to my sample. After I mixed it, I kept whiffing at it while squeezing the bottle and I was like: "what does this smell like?!?" It smelled like something that I knew but couldn't put my finger on it. I was "burping" the bottle yesterday and it hit me. it smells just like The Virus!!! I mean dead on! I haven't tried it again since the first taste because I was going to let it sit a few more days. I'm going to drip some more tonight and see if the "nutty" has calmed down any from what it was when it was fresh. I'll come back and update later on.

Im experiencing a huge difference from when it was fresh. Im very surprised since at first the graham just seemed overpowering to me. After almost a week now its definitely changed for the better. The interesting thing is i do get a peanut butter hint even tho there is none. Likely from the almond with the graham? Its definitely tasty and does seem close in many ways, i just need to test more along with an original bottle to be sure.

I also got some TFA sweetener finally to play with. Im not too into the super sweetness of it but it does help so i dont need to use so much cotton candy for sweetness. I notice too much CC starts muting flavors at high usage.

I did go with a slightly edited version of the recipe. Here it is...

TFA Marshmallow 4%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4%
TFA Toasted Almond 4%
TFA Graham Clear 3%
TFA Bavarian Cream 2%
TFA Caramel Original 2%
TFA Banana Cream 1%

I also added in a few drops of honeysuckle since i like it on the finish. In addition a few drops of sweetener adds plenty of sweetness.

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
Any update on the above recipes?

I just ordered a load of flavours, so I will be mixing up the recipe I found (but with Banana Cream 1.5% and FA Cream Fresh 0.5% instead of Bavarian Cream).

Also @nicobeak I saw your participation on a reddit thread about Sticky Rice, I too am interested in making a decent sticky rice flavour (with fruit)...
Did you try the toasted almond 4% with FA Coconut 1%? How was it?

I will start experimenting with it as soon as the flavourings arrive, cant wait to get some decent recipes pinned down.

nicobeak

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2014
Nashville, TN
Also @nicobeak I saw your participation on a reddit thread about Sticky Rice, I too am interested in making a decent sticky rice flavour (with fruit)...
Did you try the toasted almond 4% with FA Coconut 1%? How was it?

I will start experimenting with it as soon as the flavourings arrive, cant wait to get some decent recipes pinned down.
The toasted almond 4% + FA coconut 1% was a decent base. I added vanilla swirl 1.3% and TFA bav cream 2% as well. Mixed with the mangos, it is pretty tasty, but it could definitely be better (doesn't really scream sticky rice to me at this point). I've got three possible solutions coming, One on One flavors Rice Pudding and Rice Milk, as well as DKS Sweet Rice. I had to get the sweet rice from the UK, but I have heard good things about it. I also heard it takes a couple weeks for the flavor to really "come out" though. I'll be writing a post over there reviewing all three flavors and how each of them work and compare to the coconut/toasted almond combo after I get them in and mess with them a bit.
@DoubleEwe, I'd love to hear your take on the coconut/toasted almond combo if you mix it up. I do not have the most refined palate.

I've been slacking on the M&H clone lately, although the last post that I mixed up I really liked.

Reactions: DoubleEwe

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
The toasted almond 4% + FA coconut 1% was a decent base. I added vanilla swirl 1.3% and TFA bav cream 2% as well. Mixed with the mangos, it is pretty tasty, but it could definitely be better (doesn't really scream sticky rice to me at this point). I've got three possible solutions coming, One on One flavors Rice Pudding and Rice Milk, as well as DKS Sweet Rice. I had to get the sweet rice from the UK, but I have heard good things about it. I also heard it takes a couple weeks for the flavor to really "come out" though. I'll be writing a post over there reviewing all three flavors and how each of them work and compare to the coconut/toasted almond combo after I get them in and mess with them a bit.
@DoubleEwe, I'd love to hear your take on the coconut/toasted almond combo if you mix it up. I do not have the most refined palate.

I've been slacking on the M&H clone lately, although the last post that I mixed up I really liked.

That is some serious dedication to the cause!
I had not heard of DKS, but I did a bit of reading and they could be promising. Seem to be mild flavours, but true to the profile at low percentages (from what I read).
I would be interested to see what they taste like considering rice itself is not exactly a flavoursome beast.
My guess would be malted milk with a really light nuttiness. I have seen people suggest Taro as an idea for getting a rice flavour, but IDK.

I will make a couple variations around the Toasted Almond 4% + FA Coconut 1% base when the flavourings finally arrive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread