May 11, 2015
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: Nope, can't do this here. Thank you :) - Robino1

patioclark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Lafayette, CO USA
Hey BB, welcome. Check out Diane at MyVapeJuice who, besides being a master NET producer, sells some of her wares as already steeped. the range of what's she's producing is actually pretty amazing. Answer back with any preferences (tobacco) that you may have and you'll find that the folks on this thread are knowledgeable and willing to share.

Reactions: shikefa

beachbumcm

May 11, 2015
patioclark...very kind of you! Yes I have had some great recommendations from a couple of you guys from vendors that have juices that are either pre-steeped or that taste great out of the mailbox. I will check her out as well...actually I have about 4 or 5 im going to sample in a couple days and ill add her to the list!

My preferences -- i am easy going here, but I do love the general cigarette smell. And I don't mean combustion, like in a cigarette, but just the amazing smell of the tobacco in them. Im a cigar fan as well, and I love mild to medium bodies; Connecticut , etc. a rocky patel Connecticut is awesome. So I think I'm kinda middle of the road as far as that goes. I hear virginia style tobacco is a great sweet tobacco, which I would love.

I grew up in Durham, NC when it was still a tobacco town...downtown Durham was a GREAT place to drive through back in the 80s.

{Moderated}, I am still glad to be here -- good tobacco flavors are why I got into vaping. Its better than cigars health-wise!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AnthonyB

patioclark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Lafayette, CO USA
Okay, are you mixing from extract or looking for a vapeable mixed juice? There's some really talented extracters out here. We cannot "sell" our wares but you'll find traders online. Try looking in the General E-Liquid threads and there's sub-threads specific to NETs. Try Diane's RP 1990 and RP Edge Corojo and Perdomo Lot 23. Clay at Naturally Extracted Tobacco does good work too. I find that I mostly do my own these days but go to those folks to see what they're up to.

See if you can find Bill Herbst on the threads who is terrific and got me going on my own extractions. Write a few notes and send a few PM's and you'll be in the fold in no time. It's a good group that got me largely off of a big cigar habit. Cheers friend.

Reactions: beachbumcm

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
PC - thank you much for your help! I will certainly do so. I have only been vaping about 3 weeks so I have not even considered DIY juices yet but I'm sure I'll get there. I will certainly take your advice.....take care!

There are some great NET cigarette tobacco flavors out there. W2V's Paris and Pure Smoke. NET.com's Spirit Flavors and one of my favorite non-NET lab flavors is GeJ's Bull Durham. You can also check out the NET Pif & Swap thread.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Ahoy from waterlogged south Texas where everybody's got pruney toes now.

Enjoying some MVJ w/Hearth & Home Signature -Obsidian Pipe Tobacco, ~All Our Vape Juice, MyVapeJuice, LLC MVJ Hearth and Home Obsidian tonight. Fits Diane's description very well. There are a couple more that I've added to the top of the list. MVJ w/Hearth & Home Marquee Magnum Opus Pipe Tobacco, ~All Our Vape Juice, MyVapeJuice, LLC Hearth and Home Magnum Opus and Sherlock Holmes Great Hiatus. MVJ w/Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club Great Hiatus Pipe Tobacco, ~All Our Vape Juice, MyVapeJuice, LLC
The Sherlock Holmes is outstanding and I'm going through it faster than I go through a platter of fried shrimp.

Three more grand juices from MVJ. I'd like to mention that their filtering is also grand. These blends are running clean.

On a gear note I've been digging on a Freakshow Mini (from the Classifieds) and the Royal Hunter. Good flavor from both.

beachbumcm

May 11, 2015
Making my second big order of NETs tomorrow. Ive narrowed it down to this list, since I dont want to break the bank quite yet:

N.E.T.: Big Spirit, 30 ml -- gonna give it another try and just let it sit for a month before vaping any
GoodEJuice: 30 ML Patriot (everyone seems to love it), more Godfather (I liked before) and some Accadian Gold (10 ml to try it)
Quick Nic Juice: Analog Red and Habana daydream...going on recommendations
RiverBottom FS: dagwood's wife, fabulous and burley...going on rec
ethervapes: bali nights, top leaf, nomad (10 ml to try)...sold out of confed and gold leaf :eek:

Looking forward to trying more. I had asked here previously for some good choices that dont need super-long steep times and got some great recommendations, which this list is based mostly on.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Received my Vaping Watch sale order. I've always found RiverBottom to be good to go right away so will dig in soon, but starting with one of the Wacky Vapes, Redemption, which is the only tobacco of the line.

Based on the description I was expecting a TINO. For the newer people, that's a phrase we use here for vapes sold as tobacco but taste nothing like tobacco. Tobacco In Name Only. Usually they taste like dessert/bakery flavors. TINOs can be quite tasty, like Boba's Bounty, Gold, Bounty Hunter, Dorky Stud, etc.

Anyways, Redemption isn't a TINO. It tastes like tobacco. Well, not what we here consider tobacco, but like a synthetic tobacco. In my opinion, it's a pretty good artibacco. It has a fair amount going on. Can't tell yet if it's in the league of Halo or Ahl, but doesn't seem too far off.

This is just my first session and I haven't vaped something new in a long time so I'm not saying go out and buy it, just that I'm happy that my first try of this blind buy brand is something very vapable and may turn out to be a winner. It's very synthetic tobacco tasting which is a nice surprise since I've been enjoying artis lately and can use some on hand.

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Making my second big order of NETs tomorrow. Ive narrowed it down to this list, since I dont want to break the bank quite yet:

N.E.T.: Big Spirit, 30 ml -- gonna give it another try and just let it sit for a month before vaping any
GoodEJuice: 30 ML Patriot (everyone seems to love it), more Godfather (I liked before) and some Accadian Gold (10 ml to try it)
Quick Nic Juice: Analog Red and Habana daydream...going on recommendations
RiverBottom FS: dagwood's wife, fabulous and burley...going on rec
ethervapes: bali nights, top leaf, nomad (10 ml to try)...sold out of confed and gold leaf :eek:

Looking forward to trying more. I had asked here previously for some good choices that dont need super-long steep times and got some great recommendations, which this list is based mostly on.

I think you dodged a bullet on the Confederate. Worst juice I ever tasted and I've gagged on quite a few. Maybe I got a bad batch but others have remarked on their flavorless dishwater experience also.

Reactions: beachbumcm

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Jerms, what are a couple of your favorite "artibacco" brands and flavors? I've found vaporfi's sahara gold to be quite nice after a week or two of steeping, particularly mixed with a NET or something to give it that extra boost of general fresh tobacco flavor. Their cuban cigar was quite bad though. Both artificial.

The couple artibaccos I've had that use synthetic Cuban Cigar flavoring, one from Ahl and the other from ThePlumeRoom I didn't like at all. Now I avoid any artibaccos with Cuban in the name or description. As for some artificially flavored tobacco juices I like:

I've been a fan of Halo for years. From their more standard artis like Longhorn and Freedom, to their more exotic offerings like Voodoo and Southern Classic. Also like their RY4 called Tribeca. Other classic RY4 juices I've really enjoyed are a couple from Janty, Volt, and VapingXtreme.

Ahlusion has some of my favorite artis. Some of them are obviously synthetic and others that were thought to be NET (and maybe once were). Some obviously synthetic ones that I've enjoyed are Neutral, American Blend no. 2, Sweet Virginia, and Sahara Blend (the best Turkish and Virginia arti I've vaped). Of the tobaccos they have that are less obviously synthetic that I dig are the Wild Woods line, JG Blend, Godfather, and others.

A couple random ones that come to mind are Americano from MOV and Smooth & Mild from TPR. Smooth & Mild is my personal favorite non-NET tobacco. I don't know if any synthetic tobacco flavoring is used in it, though it's likely. It does contain a touch of Tobacco Absolute, which I enjoy quite a bit.

Reactions: EleanorR

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
My God Pirate's Drunken Sweet Tooth is as amazing as I remember. It took me a while the first time to get into it, so wasn't sure if it was a steeper or my perception that changed. I expected it was my perception because it went from meh to holy crap in a big way, and vaping it fresh now confirms it. I highly recommend this one for fans of sweeter NETs; one of my all time favorites.

derogg

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Socal
Just tried Fog Sauce Latakia. Very smokey. Like vaping a camp fire. Do you think that will mellow out with time? I know it's a smoked tobacco, but it sure is intense. On the other had St. James Parish is nice straight away. I still have porch rocker and KillRY4 to try ( along with the two freebie custards Vape Watch threw in). Good sale they had!!!
-Dirk

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Just tried Fog Sauce Latakia. Very smokey. Like vaping a camp fire. Do you think that will mellow out with time? I know it's a smoked tobacco, but it sure is intense. On the other had St. James Parish is nice straight away. I still have porch rocker and KillRY4 to try ( along with the two freebie custards Vape Watch threw in). Good sale they had!!!
-Dirk

Latakia probably won't mellow out over time. Yeah, it's potent stuff, very smoky. I took it on short sessions, but now using the bottle as an on-the-go vape in my Kayfun. It's a nice one to vape when out. I don't drink these days, but would probably be a good compliment to a night out drinking lol.

Porch Rocker has a touch of Latakia, enough to add a little bite but not overwhelming at all. I think some found it a bit mild, but I thought it was about a perfect multi-leaf pipe blend. The Perique shines well in it. If it's not as smoky as you like you can spike it with the Latakia.

I'll be trying those freebie custards soon too. Will be my first time vaping 3 mg nic. May have to lung hit it. Sampling the two Wacky Vapes from the oak barrel line today.. not bad at all.

derogg

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Socal
Latakia probably won't mellow out over time. Yeah, it's potent stuff, very smoky. I took it on short sessions, but now using the bottle as an on-the-go vape in my Kayfun. It's a nice one to vape when out. I don't drink these days, but would probably be a good compliment to a night out drinking lol.

Porch Rocker has a touch of Latakia, enough to add a little bite but not overwhelming at all. I think some found it a bit mild, but I thought it was about a perfect multi-leaf pipe blend. The Perique shines well in it. If it's not as smoky as you like you can spike it with the Latakia.

I'll be trying those freebie custards soon too. Will be my first time vaping 3 mg nic. May have to lung hit it. Sampling the two Wacky Vapes from the oak barrel line today.. not bad at all.
I'll give it a try in my kayfun or genny. I tried it originally in a Marquis at sub ohm. I'm currently enjoying Goodejuice GJ4 in my Kayfun with a NI200 coil.
-Dirk

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I'll give it a try in my kayfun or genny. I tried it originally in a Marquis at sub ohm. I'm currently enjoying Goodejuice GJ4 in my Kayfun with a NI200 coil.
-Dirk

If you still feel it's a tad strong, bold or whatever you want to describe it as... Set it aside for a week and try it again... if you still feel the same wait another week or two. One of my favorite e-juices almost knocked me down when I first tried it ( Blue Grass Burley from Ahl ) but I soon became accustom to it. If you still find it too strong, just use it as a condiment in another juice you think it'd pair well with but may lack a bit of smokiness.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
-Dirk
Yeah if it's too strong for big cloud vaping it may be just right on a less intense set-up.

If you still feel it's a tad strong, bold or whatever you want to describe it as... Set it aside for a week and try it again... if you still feel the same wait another week or two. One of my favorite e-juices almost knocked me down when I first tried it ( Blue Grass Burley from Ahl ) but I soon became accustom to it. If you still find it too strong, just use it as a condiment in another juice you think it'd pair well with but may lack a bit of smokiness.

Good advice. I find spaced out, short sessions good for about any flavor I don't love right away, but especially for intense juices. I think we often forget that taking the time to get accustomed to new flavors can really change our perceptions.

Another suggestion that's kind of the opposite of that one but has worked for me at times is taking a potent juice on a really long session. This worked specifically for Latakia heavy vapes for me. What can be overwhelming for the first hours can hit the sweet spot of enjoyment after adjusting. Latakia heavy NETs like Apache and Devil Dog started tasting even a little sweet after several hours!

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
MOV's Pendragon is a particularly fine batch this order. Much more flavorful and distinct.

Has anyone gotten a recently made batch of St. James Parish? This one I just received seems off. Probably needs a steep but last time it was much better right out of the mailbox.

GeJ's Godfather is addicting. I mean in my book it's not the greatest cigar vape and the liquorice flavor can be a bit overwhelming but I keep buying it and going through a bottle in no time at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread