How to I stop the "popping" thing from happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't know all the correct terminology but when I'm vaping if I take a longer hit it kinda of like pops or maybe bubbles or something. It's not a brand new tank or cartridge but it's not old either. I have the eleaf 50w with the Sense Herakles tank. Can anyone tell me what the issue is or how to fix it? Most of my liquids are 50/50

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
If it's what I think it is, I think of those sounds the 'snap, crackle and pop' of a well set up atomizer with reasonably clean coils. As you use the atty and the coils gunk up (get coated with burnt on juice residue), these sounds will become quieter until the coils need to be cleaned or replaced.

Some setups are quite quiet but most do this to some extent and some are surprisingnly loud. If it gets too violent it can spit juice out of the drip tip.

I really like those sounds as long as it doesn't spit at me :)

Sometimes it just pops and sometimes it does that spitting thing too...the popping doesn't bother me too much but I don't like when it spits oil or condensation or whatever that .... is at me. It does seem to be going away slowly though so maybe the coil thingy was just newer than I thought. Embarrassing that I don't know all the right words considering I've been vaping for about 2yrs now lol. First time in any kind of forum though,I've always just bought the stuff and used it without really thinking about anything but whether or not I liked the flavors and the quality of what I'm using.

ramrod

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2012
United States
Sometimes it just pops and sometimes it does that spitting thing too...the popping doesn't bother me too much but I don't like when it spits oil or condensation or whatever that **** is at me. It does seem to be going away slowly though so maybe the coil thingy was just newer than I thought. Embarrassing that I don't know all the right words considering I've been vaping for about 2yrs now lol. First time in any kind of forum though,I've always just bought the stuff and used it without really thinking about anything but whether or not I liked the flavors and the quality of what I'm using.
It's just the reaction of your e-liquid being heated by some very hot coils. And is really a good sign for a well working tank or atty. Kind of like when you put a few drops of water in a frying pan to check the temp of the oil. If it pops violently, you're ready to cook. When your tank does it, ready to vape....

It's just the reaction of your e-liquid being heated by some very hot coils. And is really a good sign for a well working tank or atty. Kind of like when you put a few drops of water in a frying pan to check the temp of the oil. If it pops violently, you're ready to cook. When your tank does it, ready to vape....
Oh ok good at least I know it's not going to explode & blow my face to bits. Thanks!

ramrod

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2012
United States
Oh ok good at least I know it's not going to explode & blow my face to bits. Thanks!
No, all good there. Some RDA and tank coil manufacturers will put screen/mesh over the opening of their coils to prevent spit back. And if you checkout an Rda like the Bullet, it has an insert with little holes to do the same thing.

No, all good there. Some RDA and tank coil manufacturers will put screen/mesh over the opening of their coils to prevent spit back. And if you checkout an Rda like the Bullet, it has an insert with little holes to do the same thing.
It does have a little screen looking thing that goes over the cotton part but the guy said I have to drip onto the cotton part to prime it before I put juice in the actual tank so maybe I didn't drip enough. Now that I think about it the popping went away a whole lot faster with the first coil and the guy in the store did it for me the first time so maybe that's my problem. The other tanks I've had didn't require priming so I probably did it wrong.

ramrod

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2012
United States
It does have a little screen looking thing that goes over the cotton part but the guy said I have to drip onto the cotton part to prime it before I put juice in the actual tank so maybe I didn't drip enough. Now that I think about it the popping went away a whole lot faster with the first coil and the guy in the store did it for me the first time so maybe that's my problem. The other tanks I've had didn't require priming so I probably did it wrong.
All tank coils should be primed first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread