is it possible to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosalah

Apr 21, 2015
Egypt
Greeting everyone.

after i make some recipes as my first DIY.
every recipe have been taken over by on flavor so i need to fix it considering that i left them to steep for a very long time is it possible to reconstruct the recipe by adding VG/PG/Nic and other flavor to reduce the dominating flavor or it's just done and i need to throw it and start from the beginning.

mosalah

Apr 21, 2015
Egypt
i threw them and start with new recepie.
because i asked lots of people and they say that the percentage i'm using was very high to start with and it would take less efford to start a new one.
and here is the new one plz give me your opinion
TFA pie crus: .5%
TFA dx vinilla cupcake: 3%
TFA Bavarian cream: 2%
TFA smooth 2%
EM 3 drops per 10ml

Reactions: thetrucker

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Set the small batch aside and taste with a dripper from time to time and take notes as to what you

added to make this magic recipe--and how long it has been steeping.

If it tastes good keep the recipe in mind.

That is about all I can tell you as I have limited experience with this stuff myself.

Always make up small batches when experimenting so you won't have to pour large amount down the

drain if it tastes terrible.

Reactions: ddirtyvapes

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
and how much should i steep it to do a fair judge over it because these steeping process is very confusing for me.

I think I responded to another thread of yours and if so, I may be repeating myself some.

While we all have different taste sensitivities, unless you are SUPER sensitive I feel that you may have gone too far the other way with TFA flavors. Smooth and Ethyl Maltol are basically enhancers moreso than a real flavor, so 5.5% of actual flavoring using TFA seems very low to me. That said, some people like it that low so it's not inherently wrong, but it's quite common to see *total* flavorings approaching 15-20%, especially with TFA. Some other flavorings are more potent but I wouldn't bat an eye at 12-20% TFA, personally. Many of my juices using most or all TFA are in that range, especially fruits.

Steep time depends on a variety of factors: the flavorings and brands used, personal preference, how much usable liquid you already have, and simply how long you're willing to wait. As a general rule, juices made with only fruit flavorings need the least amount of time and can often be vaped immediately. A couple of days steeping is usually sufficient. Fruit and cream, fruit and bakery, and cream/bakery/dessert vapes need a little longer... 5 days to a week, again somewhat depending on what exactly is in it. Tobacco juices need the longest, say 10 days +/-.

The above is just what works for me, and as far as I know is probably a good general guideline. But someone could also come on here and say "I steep all of my fruit vapes for two weeks and they're awesome." DIY juice is, by definition, a very personal endeavor if you're not selling or giving it to others. Some problems will have to be solved by trial and error. While we can and are happy to guide you, not every answer that comes from strangers on the Internet is always going to work for your purposes.

Last edited:

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I wouldn't mess around, just down the drain or just set it aside and find it later. You start pharting around with a "miss" to make it better and its stays a miss but now a bigger miss and you still threw it away. I don't nic my new trys, just make 20 mls no nic , let it sit, taste on the back of the hand (no nic-no problem) then decide if its going to get nic or get set aside. I like simple blends of stand alones to change up my tobacco vapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread