Vapor Flask V3 DNA40 Clone thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleaford

Jun 28, 2015
My black SXK 60W from FT finally gave up the ghost yesterday. Had suffered from the fading wattage/no low battery warning problem. I'd wire brushed the threads, and sanded the mating top plates but no joy. Now it just asks me about new/same coil, but doesn't get past this page and doesn't read the resistance. Guess it's borked :-/ Still, my SXK rDNA turned up today and so far loving it!

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
My black SXK 60W from FT finally gave up the ghost yesterday. Had suffered from the fading wattage/no low battery warning problem. I'd wire brushed the threads, and sanded the mating top plates but no joy. Now it just asks me about new/same coil, but doesn't get past this page and doesn't read the resistance. Guess it's borked :-/ Still, my SXK rDNA turned up today and so far loving it!
Check to see if maybe the wire on the 510 center pin got twisted around too many times and broke off.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Thanks for the thought. I'll double check, but it does give me the "check atomiser" warning without anything attached which means it probably isn't that I'm guessing.
It's certainly easy enough to check.
Ya I missed the part where you said you had the top plate off already but might want to check anyway.

Reactions: sleaford

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
Ok so I'm not liking the 510 center pin spring Vaporshark uses on their rdna, dna 40, too weak IMHO. I see the tiny C clip that holds the assembly together. You guys think it be hard to find a stiffer replacement? Maybe just stretch her out a good bit and replace it? Anyone have any "spring" websites? Gracias thanks etc.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Got it, ta.

Before you put it back together you might want to prep the surfaces with a little NOALOX. Once you take the anodizing off aluminum will oxidize pretty darn quick.

PS - put a smidge into the threaded side of the screw holes also.

:2c:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
When round 7 ships I'll have 1)200, 2)40ss, 1)40ls. First 40ss is going in that bad Hana from Cigabuy then I will actually know what an authentic does!
I was caught a bit off guard, wasn't following the coop thread till the end. I'll probably get a ready made one, thought I liked the Cloudmaker till I found out it wasn't soldered in. Maybe Hcigar will make one that's halfway affordable.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I was wondering why you weren't in that. Totally expected you to be. Sorry guess I should have PMed you. I was pretty sure I posted concerns here that that we weren't going to make MOQ.
I believe that's when I became aware of it but would have had to squeeze the funds to get one, well I need more than the board of coarse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread