DNA 40 Clone Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Maryland
I think the biggest revelation for me was tweaking my watt setting higher than "usual" to get the temp cranked up to match my vape duration. I can do anywhere from 390 to 430F if it heats up in 'tune' with my drags. At 390 or 400 it bounces off & on the temp protection but gives a good vape without interruption. Higher temps I go a bit lower on watts & probably average 400-ish degrees but it takes a longer drag to get to the cutoff & keeps it warmer for subsequent puffs.

Last edited:

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
well i finally got a build going, 8 wraps 28ga NI200 single coil on a alum little boy i believe on a 1/8th bit it comes out at 0.2 and have the TC set at 400; seems to be working great and i notice no delay in firing.......took me a couple of tries to get it spaced rite and the rite amount of tightening of the post screws to keep it from breaking.
i'm on my way :)
As, no delay firing from sleep? And TC works as it should? If so, sounds like you have got a good board there... does it have "preheat"? What about Celsius- I don't recall anyone saying that any of the clone DNA 40 boards use anything but F?

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
As, no delay firing from sleep? And TC works as it should? If so, sounds like you have got a good board there... does it have "preheat"? What about Celsius- I don't recall anyone saying that any of the clone DNA 40 boards use anything but F?

no delay, soon as you hit the button it fires, preheat i have no idea....it registers Fahrenheit only......been using it since yesterday and all night/today.....have 2 different builds one on a little boy and one on a tobh both with no probs so far.....one thing i have noticed if the wick gets sorta on the dry side the temp protection kicks in until you wet the wick......must say i like it so far fingers crossed......i been pretty lucky so far buying devices, hope it continues....yet i have to admit i still love my Mec's also.

Duffloop

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2013
UK
Ahh gotta luv em...

This is the representative of Cigabuy After_sales issues, I am honored to assist you further.

For your problem of the item NEC-375643*1 , we have already got an answer from our technician.

Please remember the following information.

Solutions: We're sorry for the wrong description. The wattage ranges from 7W~40W. Ohm ranges from 0.3Ω to 3Ω. It's recommended to use the coil of 0.5Ω or above. If this couldn't help, contact us again.

If have any other question, please reply the email directly, so that we can solve your problem in time, thank you.

Have a nice day!​

how about

look ere guv I paid good money for that chip - and it were supposed to be temperature controlled, I ain't 'appy see, i wants some pay back see, giz a tenner back and we'll call it quits

Last edited:

tehdarkaura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
CO
Ahh gotta luv em...
This is the representative of Cigabuy After_sales issues, I am honored to assist you further.

For your problem of the item NEC-375643*1 , we have already got an answer from our technician.

Solutions: We're sorry for the wrong description. The wattage ranges from 7W~40W. Ohm ranges from 0.3Ω to 3Ω. It's recommended to use the coil of 0.5Ω or above. If this couldn't help, contact us again.

If have any other question, please reply the email directly, so that we can solve your problem in time, thank you.

Have a nice day!​

how about

look ere guv I paid good money for that chip - and it were supposed to be temperature controlled, I ain't 'appy see, i wants some pay back see, giz a tenner back and we'll call it quits

I'm fighting the same battle too -- their response to me was try another wattage and to extend the connection on the 510...

they know it just doesn't work... that's why they first changed the item description and remove any reference to nickle, then they took the listing down all together because *someone* :lol: went to google cache and posted a screen shot of the old description in the customer images section and called them out on it

Im im just getting the run around of them trying to blame the problem on something im doing and then sending some bs suggestions a few days after i reply.... it will be the last thing i buy from cigabuy

Last edited:

tehdarkaura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
CO
Capture1.jpg

here is the original description vs what it was changed to below after the complaints started rolling in...

Capture2.jpg

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
Ahh gotta luv em...

Have a nice day!​

how about

You are not along. I've received this:

Dear michael

For your problem of the item NEC-374182*1 NEC-374956-C3*1 , we have already got an answer from our technician.

Order number: 4868569

Have a nice day!

My reply to them:

Those are ridiculous numbers.
But even though 0.3 Ω Temperature Censing Nickel 200 coil requires ridiculous number of wraps, made out of ridiculously thin wire, I did it anyway, just to test your theory. I made 0.4 Ω coil out of 30 AWG (0.25mm) Ni200 wire.
Yes, the behavior of the device had changed. It is no longer saying: "Check Atomizer", it detects coil resistance accurately, BUT:

IT STILL DOES NOT WORK!!!

It does not fire and displays: "Temperature Protect" on the screen all and every time when I press the Fire button. It produces NO VAPOR. See file attached.

This was a waste of money on my end and total false advertising and product misrepresentation on yours. If this unit equipped with function, then that function should work. You wouldn't buy a car that has brakes, but the brakes don't work? Would you?

B0EZWNb.jpg

No worries. I filed a claim with PayPal and they granted me full refund. Only I have to ship the product back to Cigabuy at my expense. I couldn't find any shipping method other then USPS Small Box for $25.00

How do you guys ship this stuff to China?

Oh, by the way: This Hana has KX40D board in it that doesn't work:

W2MjysY.jpg

But my Vapor Flask V3 DNA40 Clone from 3FVape.com has the same KX40D board in it that works fine.

except for occasional:

2vfNEfc.jpg

But as soon as I sent e-mail to 3FVape.com about it, they shipped me another one, free of charge and let me keep this one too.
I pulled KX40D board out of it and replaced it with genuine Evolv DNA 40D board.

4HU4v6Z.jpg

Last edited:

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
I thought the Kangxin board was the one sold by 3Fvape, which is different to the board that does not work sold by Cigabuy. That pic you posted of a dna40 clone board does not look like a Kangxin to me. There is not much clarity of info out there so I could be wrong...any chance of posting a close-up pic of the one you removed?

tehdarkaura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
CO
No worries. I filed a claim with PayPal and they granted me full refund. Only I have to ship the product back to Cigabuy at my expense. I couldn't find any shipping method other then USPS Small Box for $25.00

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Paypal siding with you and asking that you mail the item back is not a win... They will not refund your money unless it is shipped with tracking -- and that tracking confirms delivery...

Last time I looked in to it Shipping an item with tracking to China vis UPS FedEx or EMS (USPS Does not offer reliable delivery confirmation to China) starts around $80-$100....

Doesn't really make sense to spend $80 for a possible $30 refund does it....

And Paypal does not compensate you for return shipping, nor will the seller, you are basically offering to give an additonal $50 away so they get the part back...

If you did your paypal checkout with a credit card then you can try to dispute the charges with the CC company... otherwise your probably better off dealing with the run around until they give in for a partial refund if its worth it to you.

Last edited:

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
You are not along. I've received this:

Dear michael

For your problem of the item NEC-374182*1 NEC-374956-C3*1 , we have already got an answer from our technician.

Order number: 4868569

Have a nice day!

My reply to them:

Those are ridiculous numbers.
But even though 0.3 Ω Temperature Censing Nickel 200 coil requires ridiculous number of wraps, made out of ridiculously thin wire, I did it anyway, just to test your theory. I made 0.4 Ω coil out of 30 AWG (0.25mm) Ni200 wire.
Yes, the behavior of the device had changed. It is no longer saying: "Check Atomizer", it detects coil resistance accurately, BUT:

IT STILL DOES NOT WORK!!!

It does not fire and displays: "Temperature Protect" on the screen all and every time when I press the Fire button. It produces NO VAPOR. See file attached.

This was a waste of money on my end and total false advertising and product misrepresentation on yours. If this unit equipped with function, then that function should work. You wouldn't buy a car that has brakes, but the brakes don't work? Would you?

B0EZWNb.jpg

Oh, by the way: This Hana has KX40D board in it that doesn't work:

W2MjysY.jpg

But my Vapor Flask V3 DNA40 Clone from 3FVape.com has the same KX40D board in it that works fine.

except for occasional:

2vfNEfc.jpg

But as soon as I sent e-mail to 3FVape.com about it, they shipped me another one, free of charge and let me keep this one too.
I pulled KX40D board out of it and replaced it with genuine Evolv DNA 40D board.

4HU4v6Z.jpg
Send it back C. O. D.! Actually I don't think they do that anymore, do they?

Sent while sitting on my busted ..... Stay off the ice if you can't skate. I can't and didn't.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
I dont think thats possible with an international delivery and they would just refuse delivery...
Yes but there would be a tracking information available. It's not the buyer's fault the seller doesn't want to accept back the product.... :D

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread