Anyone else a non-smoker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flipflops88

Jul 1, 2015
DuBois Pa
I started vaping about a year ago. Never smoked a cigarette in my life. I actually hoped to help curb my appetite and anxiety. But it's become so much more than that for me. It truly is a hobby that I love. I didn't even start using nicotine until recently. And I am only using 3mg. I just wondered if anyone else had a similar story?

Reactions: anavidfan

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Most people on here won't recommend a non-smoker to pick up vaping, myself included. However, since you've already been at it for year welcome to ECF!

On another note, I've always thought it would be a good way for people to cut back on sweets.

Last edited:

Flipflops88

Jul 1, 2015
DuBois Pa
Most people on here won't recommend a non-smoker to pick up vaping, myself included.

On another note, I've always thought it would be a good way for people to cut back on sweets.

I know it's not recommend I just figured I'm probably not the only one who has done it. And I definitely has helped cut back on the sweets

Reactions: Cullin Kin

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I know what the OP meant. At one time we ALL were non-smokers. At least now if you feel yourself "drawn " the enjoyment of nicotine use and the action of puffing on something, we have the choice of something other than the combustible method of cigarettes.

I can understand the concern of "not recommending" but remember almost ALL of us knew that smoking cigarettes was not either...

Flipflops88

Jul 1, 2015
DuBois Pa
I know what the OP meant. At one time we ALL were non-smokers. At least now if you feel yourself "drawn " the enjoyment of nicotine use and the action of puffing on something, we have the choice of something other than the combustible method of cigarettes.

I can understand the concern of "not recommending" but remember almost ALL of us knew that smoking cigarettes was not either...

That's what I figured when I started. I considered smoking because he did but I ended up helping him quit instead

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
I'm also proud to say that because I started my pack and a half a day boyfriend is now a non-smoker because he quickly followed suit and also loves vaping. Now it's something that we do together and a hobby that we share.
Now that is what I call paying it forward!!...Even if you were never a tobacco addict, you converted one, to vaping! Well done!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Moved to New Members from Simple Solutions
Simple Solutions is to assist the Beginning Vaper with getting started :)

There are quite a few members that have started vaping rather than start smoking.

viannen_01.gif

Welcome!​

pJYvGY3.gif

Reactions: anavidfan

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Jackson, Michigan
I can't say I was a complete non smoker, but I didn't smoke much. I pretty much had the random cigarette or little cigar a few times a week, but had gone months without, so I really wasn't addicted. I enjoyed the act of smoking and the nicotine, but couldn't stand the taste or smell. I didn't want to become a "smoker", so I didn't. Then I discovered vaping... I am a "vaper" without a doubt. Love it. No bad smell, tastes great (most flavors anyway!) Still get the nicotine that I enjoyed from tobacco, and far far healthier. I vape way more than I ever smoked and enjoy every puff. I'm using an Istick 30w and a Subtank nano, so I can get some pretty nice clouds too! If vaping = smoking, I would probably be around a pack a day lol. So, pretty much a non smoker, but not quite.

tony7432

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
Sydney nsw australia
i started smoking cigars and hookahs about 8 or 9 years now..and and i recently moved to australia the land of insane tobbacco taxes and i just could not bring myself to pay $28 for a stick of cigar that i have been paying $4 for all my life..so i looked to vaping as a alternative but to be honest its become very enjoyable to me..and its brought my wife and i closer because she was never interested in my cigars or hookah but she liked vaping so much that she asked me to buy her a mod and tank and when we go out she actually hunts down vendors and shops and she suggests for us to go in and see what they have..i mean i scored big time..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread