RDA The Velocity RDA™ from AvidVaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiceBurner95

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2014
Leeds, AL
I don't know if clones are allowed here, but my Tobeco Velocity clone is incredible. Good job to Avid for making a great rda for Tobeco to copy and sell me for under $20. :banana:

This thing is surprisingly... flawless! I got the black version, and it's a thing of beauty. All of the threads are buttery smooth, machining is flawless with no burs or janky looking spots like some of the past Tobeco clones. I'm in love with this thing. It's a pure joy to use. Building on it is a dream.

Sorry for the dark picture. My room is a dungeon.

GQDDzNq.jpg

syLOXBK.jpg

Noserenity

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Upstate New York
I found building my coils as high on the posts as they can be, and only using the lower slot air flow points the best for me so far with flavor and vapor. I'll probably give a lower sitting build and some of the indirect holes a try on my other deck soon, think the last time I tried it my build was a little sloppy.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I found building my coils as high on the posts as they can be, and only using the lower slot air flow points the best for me so far with flavor and vapor. I'll probably give a lower sitting build and some of the indirect holes a try on my other deck soon, think the last time I tried it my build was a little sloppy.
Pix?

I'd like to see it.

Please!

Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona

Picture turning those coils so they face towards the middle then wick it on the outside. Airflow would go through the coils and around the wicking. It would mean that one of the legs on each coil would need to be a little long, but it should be easily manageable.

Been thinking of all the possibilities with this atty, going to try that build tonight, unless someone here does it first and says it sucks.

RiceBurner95

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2014
Leeds, AL
Picture turning those coils so they face towards the middle then wick it on the outside. Airflow would go through the coils and around the wicking. It would mean that one of the legs on each coil would need to be a little long, but it should be easily manageable.

Been thinking of all the possibilities with this atty, going to try that build tonight, unless someone here does it first and says it sucks.
Interesting... I'll have to try that. I bet parallel coils work well in this thing too. Plenty of room for them.

RiceBurner95

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2014
Leeds, AL

Okay, so like...

LMN5igh.jpg

igHNSaO.jpg

Works pretty well. I do get some dry hits at above 50W unlike my normal wicking method, but it's fun to change it up. I angled the coils up in the middle to catch the airflow slots and point the air up towards the drip tip.

Reactions: AstroTurf

nebuchadnessar

Jun 9, 2015
anyone have issues with their top cap wobbling? i purchased brand new from avid and the wobble is killing me!

all my RDAs, that are a lot shorter, have absolutely zero wobble.

i've contacted avid about this issue. lets see what happens.
have you try to replace the o-ring with the little bit thicker one you have ?

cheeseofvapes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
have you try to replace the o-ring with the little bit thicker one you have ?

ive got baggies and baggies of o-rings. it would be a huge waste of time to test fit them all though. a +$100 authentic should have zero issues out of the box and should not require DIY fixing for the end-user.

If Norbert can do it, so can Insignia. I guess I had high expectations for this dripper and was very underwhelmed.

im sure this dripper is good for others but its not my style of vaping. i guess i just had to try it out in person to really make sure bc i wanted to like it.

Last edited:

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
ive got baggies and baggies of o-rings. it would be a huge waste of time to test fit them all though. a +$100 authentic should have zero issues out of the box and should not require DIY fixing for the end-user.

If Norbert can do it, so can Insignia. I guess I had high expectations for this dripper and was very underwhelmed.

im sure this dripper is good for others but its not my style of vaping. i guess i just had to try it out in person to really make sure bc i wanted to like it.
Buyers Remorse perhaps???

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
I revisited a nickel build, single spaced coil 26g 12 wrap 2.5 ID @ .12Ω. It started out a bit slow, but once it settles in it vapes really nice. I keep the airflow pretty tight, to improve the flavor, but I can hit it at 40 watts with ever hitting TP. This Velocity has definitely found a permanent home atop one of my rDNA40's, going to pick up another one for my Sig 150.

Reactions: AstroTurf

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Knock it off

RiceBurner95

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2014
Leeds, AL
I don't buy that for a minute...

Clones are Crap!!!

Edit: And Cars are different too! But, if you are so inclined to drive a Chevette vs a Corvette... More Power to You!!!

Not Me.
Believe what you want. I can guarantee you that side by side, the clone is at least 95% as good as the original. Mine has no flaws, and everything works perfectly. The machining is perfect, the black anodized finish is perfect, the threading is perfect, the posts are perfect, all of the holes are perfect and burr free. And way to make a gross generalization about all clones. Not all are equal.

...and you analogy makes no sense to me...

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Language

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member