Opus Max 40 DNA40 big screen dual batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe KY

Verified Member
Aug 20, 2014
Kentucky
Hey Nelson, got it Monday, had to work so didn't get a chance to really use it until Tuesday. I like it....a lot. Two issues right now and they may not really be issues. One is with the atty lock and as of today it seems to have settled down and is acting like it's suppose to. The second is the UP button sits a little (I mean little) bit further in like the VF. Sent an e-mail to Roger at Opus and asked him if that was by design. The box is really solid and lighter than what I expected. More to follow, getting ready to hit Texas Roadhouse now.

Let me see if I can post a picture or two.

opus%2040b.jpg

opus%2040b.jpg
opus%2040a.jpg

Well, that worked :thumbs: Pictures aren't the greatest, but they were taken with a phone. If I don't get called in tomorrow I'll get some better pictures and give you some more of my thoughts on the Opus 40. Right now though I'm like'n it!

Cheers, Joe

Reactions: alistairs

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
hiya Joe, glad you got your's and are liking it! well guess what.... mined arrived today two days early :) i'm kinda surprised at the size! quite small hey... it's about 2 mil taller than my flask and not quite as wide. i'm diggin' it! sorry to hear about the button on yours :( both my up and down buttons are the same?

I just got home from work so i'll quit gushing for now ;) i'll report back tomorrow after a day at work :) cheers man.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
how does your battery level indicator work Joe? mine read full all the time! if I pop the batteries out it will show the true level until I hit the fire button then it will go back to full :( kinda bummed about this issue! apparently it's been around for quite some time... other than that this mod is great!

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
how does your battery level indicator work Joe? mine read full all the time! if I pop the batteries out it will show the true level until I hit the fire button then it will go back to full :( kinda bummed about this issue! apparently it's been around for quite some time... other than that this mod is great!

wasnt there a similar problem with early DNA40 boards?!?!? Someone in the know might like to step in here!

Joe KY

Verified Member
Aug 20, 2014
Kentucky
That's interesting. The battery indicator has shown a small drop. However, when I pulled them and and reinserted them and turned the device back on it showed about a half charge. When I hit the fire button it came back up, but it was not a full charge. Did the same thing on my VF (authentic) and it acted the same way. With that said, my VF appears to work fine. It will continue to drop until I get a weak battery message and when I put them on the charger it will show a charge of approximately 3.3 volts for both batteries. So I guess all's good there.

I'll just keep an eye on it. Of course my HB 40's have the same board as the VF (single battery though) and the indicator on those work fine. We'll see what happens. By the way, I'm trying the new LG HG2's (3000 mAh, 20A) in my Opus. They should last a bit longer than the VT4's in my VF.

Thanks for the heads up.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
That's interesting. The battery indicator has shown a small drop. However, when I pulled them and and reinserted them and turned the device back on it showed about a half charge. When I hit the fire button it came back up, but it was not a full charge. Did the same thing on my VF (authentic) and it acted the same way. With that said, my VF appears to work fine. It will continue to drop until I get a weak battery message and when I put them on the charger it will show a charge of approximately 3.3 volts for both batteries. So I guess all's good there.

I'll just keep an eye on it. Of course my HB 40's have the same board as the VF (single battery though) and the indicator on those work fine. We'll see what happens. By the way, I'm trying the new LG HG2's (3000 mAh, 20A) in my Opus. They should last a bit longer than the VT4's in my VF.

Thanks for the heads up.
i'm wondering now if when you pull the batts and get a reading if it's even correct.... my batt meter is currently at 50% and still going strong? if I pull the batts and use my multi meter they test out at 3.4v, i'm sure i'll get a low battery warning soon! atleast like this the meter is usable, just swap them at 50% or so. however, im going to push them to the limit and see where the bar ends up ;) atleast it's sorta works :)

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
36 hours of vape time on 2 samsung 25R's! wow... the batt life is crazy on this thing :) ipulled the batteries when the bar hit around a quarter left. multi meter said batts where at 3.4 still. it works good enough for me I think, swap em out when the meter hits 25%

i'm liking this mod more and more all the time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread