Snails - Response on Threads Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

underwhelmd

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Canada
You have to ask????????????????????????? And Penguins.....and Pirates.......:)

Sid Crosby was home here in Dartmouth serving Tim Hortons coffee yesterday with Nathan MacKinnon (another Dartmouth native, plays for Avs) for a commercial.

crosbynew.jpg

Sidney Crosby, Nathan MacKinnon serve up surprise to Tim Hortons customers | The Chronicle Herald

edit: apologies for butting in the conversation. was lurking and thought the news story was funny since Kat says she's a penguins fan

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa

LostVapeMonster

The eyes are useless when the mind is blind.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
Sid Crosby was home here in Dartmouth serving Tim Hortons coffee yesterday with Nathan MacKinnon (another Dartmouth native, plays for Avs) for a commercial.

crosbynew.jpg

Sidney Crosby, Nathan MacKinnon serve up surprise to Tim Hortons customers | The Chronicle Herald

edit: apologies for butting in the conversation. was lurking and thought the news story was funny since Kat says she's a penguins fan
I used to like that Sidney Crosby... until he betrayed America and played for Canada in the Olympics. Like he'll come make all of his money playing here, but he won't represent us when it comes to international games? I was feeling some type of way about that. :glare:
ETA: Traitor.

underwhelmd

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Canada
I used to like that Sidney Crosby... until he betrayed America and played for Canada in the Olympics. Like he'll come make all of his money playing here, but he won't represent us when it comes to international games? I was feeling some type of way about that. :glare:

LOL....I'm going to exercise better judgement and not get into that AT ALL, except to say that he'd have been disowned if he pulled a stunt like that.

both him and Nathan grew up about a mile from my folks house... the roots pride is very much a "thing" here for the few that do well for themselves in sports or business.

LostVapeMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
LOL....I'm going to exercise better judgement and not get into that AT ALL, except to say that he'd have been disowned if he pulled a stunt like that.

both him and Nathan grew up about a mile from my folks house... the roots pride is very much a "thing" here for the few that do well for themselves in sports or business.
Hmph. ;)

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
ETA: Traitor.

He IS Canadian, so he played for his home country. I don't hold that against him at all.

LostVapeMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
He IS Canadian, so he played for his home country. I don't hold that against him at all.
I understand that, but if he's so proud of being Canadian, why not play professional hockey there? Why come here and make all your money and then snub the US team when it's time to play in the Olympics. IDK - that just doesn't sit right with me. I feel like he wants to eat his cake and have it too. o_O

Reactions: underwhelmd

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
I understand that, but if he's so proud of being Canadian, why not play professional hockey there? Why come here and make all your money and then snub the US team when it's time to play in the Olympics. IDK - that just doesn't sit right with me. I feel like he wants to eat his cake and have it too. o_O

Most athletes that go to the Olympics represent their home countries, not the country they play for.

Reactions: underwhelmd

LostVapeMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
Most athletes that go to the Olympics represent their home countries, not the country they play for.
I know that too. It kind of makes me feel like his heart really isn't with the his "American" team now, though. Like he's just here to make a buck. IDK... I can't explain it.
And how does that work anyway? Does he have a work Visa to play with the Penguins?

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
I know that too. It kind of makes me feel like his heart really isn't with the his "American" team now, though. Like he's just here to make a buck. IDK... I can't explain it.
And how does that work anyway? Does he have a work Visa to play with the Penguins?

I don't really know how that works, but look at all the athletes from other countries, in particular, hockey and baseball.

I believe his heart IS with the penguins. He's had some major head injuries that I don't think he has been able to completely come back from.

LostVapeMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
I don't really know how that works, but look at all the athletes from other countries, in particular, hockey and baseball.

I believe his heart IS with the penguins. He's had some major head injuries that I don't think he has been able to completely come back from.
My ex-husband (current at that time) and I had the same debate and he disagreed with me too. Did I mention he is also from Pittsburgh? Must be a Yankee thing. ;):D

Reactions: Katmar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread