Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
That would look like the Grand Canyon to Kat or Eyebrow.
You make me laugh, that is the medicine of the gods :) I do have a sense of humor, and perspective...it is all just stuff, created by man, and imperfect. That is OK :)

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I have only seen 510 bases and I only use Z2 threaded attys. Just trying to get a better understanding to try and help you. Sorry if I offended you.
My most sincere apologies to you, and no, you didn't offend me. This is the internet and communication through a keyboard is not my forte. Sorry I came across like that, I was trying to be funny...= fail on my part.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
My most sincere apologies to you, and no, you didn't offend me. This is the internet and communication through a keyboard is not my forte. Sorry I came across like that, I was trying to be funny...= fail on my part.

You're a good man, ENAUD. :thumbs:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
BTW, all things considered, I really do love my Kabuki! And please take everything I type with a grain of sugar, salt is bad for the blood pressure :lol:

Me too! And I'd LOVE to like BOTH of them.

Maybe someday soon...

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I dont get offended I leave my feelings at the log in page
The Kabuki uses the Nautilus coil as a hybrid connection, and the Nautilus coil can vary by
.005"-.013" from coil to coil just by what I have observed in the ones I have on hand. I seem to be the only one being vocal about having connectivity issues with my P3 Kabuki, so perhaps I am the perfect storm of unluckiness in where the tolerances of my Kabuki P3 base, and the pin set depth of my three Provape devices that I have lie.

IMG_8801%20800x533_zpszl1agkoz.jpg

The pin you see here the pin of the Nautilus coil which screws into the base of the P3 Kabuki. I still contend that if Zen had decided to sink the coil another .005" to .010" deeper into the base, there would be zero issues with connectivity, and the pin setup of the P3 connection could easily compensate for the tiny bit of extra pressure. But what do I know, I'm just some hick vaper in N.C. with no proper engineering schooling...

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Now I see the problem;). The Z2kabuki has a floating pin in the base so you always get connect because the battery will push the pin against the coil. I was hoping it used the same design but it does not:(

I would be asking for a refund or a swap for a 510 verison....:unsure:
Provape doesn't carry the 510 version, and when I opened a ticket addressing my problems I got the runaround, and it was suggested that I "mashed My gommet" on my Ti Provari's. so basically I am stuck, using thread to extend the pin on the coils which don't make a connection on my three 200+$ devices that I own...

Reactions: DPLongo22

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

As was yours, bwj.

I have bad luck when it comes to "things". Eyeglasses for example, recently I got a new scrip, ordered glasses, didn't work out, had a very detailed discussion about why and what I needed with the fitter. Second pair ordered, came in to store, store sent them back because they didn't match the "order". ( they were exactly what I ordered). third pair came in, same issues as first pair :facepalm: so again the big discussion of exactly what I wanted. Fourth pair comes in, a compromise, not what I wanted but serviceable.........but they forgot to use photo chromatic lenses:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Dejected and defeated, I take my POS glasses and vow to never again darken the doorstep of that business, that's how I roll...I had to ask twice for a printout of my prescription so I could take it to a more competent place. Lets just say I am well stocked on V2 and V2.5 ProVari's, and will continue to grab them when I can, just because....:rickroll::rickroll:

I like them :)

Hi, Willy!!!!!! :D

Do you know that that a) "forte" is pronounced "fort", and 2) you are an excellent communicator, and c) it was funny!

You're a good man, ENAUD. :thumbs:

Yep yep yeppers. Very much so.

As are you DP :thumbs:

Risking redundancy...... ;)

The Kabuki uses the Nautilus coil as a hybrid connection, and the Nautilus coil can vary by
.005"-.013" from coil to coil just by what I have observed in the ones I have on hand. I seem to be the only one being vocal about having connectivity issues with my P3 Kabuki, so perhaps I am the perfect storm of unluckiness in where the tolerances of my Kabuki P3 base, and the pin set depth of my three Provape devices that I have lie.

IMG_8801%20800x533_zpszl1agkoz.jpg

The pin you see here the pin of the Nautilus coil which screws into the base of the P3 Kabuki. I still contend that if Zen had decided to sink the coil another .005" to .010" deeper into the base, there would be zero issues with connectivity, and the pin setup of the P3 connection could easily compensate for the tiny bit of extra pressure. But what do I know, I'm just some hick vaper in N.C. with no proper engineering schooling...

Dunno, I'm rather a simple Val, so I'd say if you get no satisfaction from the 2 major players here.... take it to your eyeglass fitter?

Seriously tho, this becomes a question of where the responsibility lies. There are two pastable answers, and incorrect is "the customer".

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA

Sorry to hear you're having problems; if it's the same issue across multiple devices then ya know, probably the problem is the Kabuki ;-) I've always had really good customer service from both ProVape and House of Hybrids, have you tried contacting Zen about the issue with his tank?

This week I'm pretty much at Kayfun 4s or it's s--t... I tried to love the Gem from Mark Bugs lately, but it doesn't love 99% VG juices, whereas the Kayfun has absolutely no problems.

So... "the Kabuki tank, it's moar! and better! and improves the taste, and it's shinY!!!" All I really hear is marketing, blah blah, stuff I don't believe but I'm gonna buy it anyway because hopefully it's very small, and yay it IS small!

After having used 'em for a while, the Kabuki tanks actually do improve the flavor of the Nautilus cartos considerably. Increased airflow & wide-bore driptip = pretty awesome. Not quite at Kayfun 4 level, but it's really, really close, 85% of the way there and fits in your pocket slightly better.

Anyhoo, 3 Kabuki's, 2 with P3 threading, one 510, no problems so far (the pic has 2 p3 Kabuki's, using the 510 version on a mod that is not a P3).

Midget P3's in 18350 mode:

l2Rzkqd.jpg

Sorry you're having problems @ENAUD I appreciated your advice on the Zen steel tank fitting the Kabuki, it duz!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
And the Public Apology Tour continues...

HOH did reply, and there was apparently a breakdown in communication. ENS did their job exactly as they were supposed to, so I apologize for any negative implications, and/or subsequent inferences.

ENS is back in my bookmarks, and in high regard. I WILL be purchasing something from them immediately, as my way of showing good faith.

Thank you HOH, and thank you ENS. The issue is being corrected, and I am totally satisfied with the results.

Sincerely,
~DPL

Now - did I do any damage in OTHER threads? I'll have to scrub my activity. Sometimes my emotions can be...um... a bit destructive? :blush:

Still working on fixing that last part. Sooner or later...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread