IPV4 vs IPV3 Li

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckinclouds88

Jun 4, 2015
I am awaiting my IPV3 Li. I too will use it as the stay home mod.

As for the IPV4, it's my pocket mod, until the GearBest eVic arrives. I love it, and stand by the fact it's a cheap mod with a nice board/vape.

I have a question as far as IPV4 firmware update.

Is there actually a firmware update planned for the IPV4? ...Ti?
I've been trying to have this question answered for a long while now. I have no desire to use it above 100-watts, but I would like to have titanium temperature control. That would be a welcomed addition.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Is there actually a firmware update planned for the IPV4? ...Ti?

I've been trying to have this question answered for a long while now. I have no desire to use it above 100-watts, but I would like to have titanium temperature control. That would be a welcomed addition.
I keep hearing that it is coming, but no one seems to know when.

dykealiscious

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2014
Seattle
Hey guys. So I got my ipv3 li learned as much as I could seem.to understand about TC and built my first set if ni200 coils. Hey it worked! I used steam engine to help me stay in the green with heat flux and ended up with a 2.5mm 12wrap for each in a dual build. Well spaced Twisted 30 ni.

I get that joules is a ramp up speed of sorts, but I'm struggling to find the right balance of joules to temp. Under 40j and it takes too long for my liking to heat. At 50j I've had dry burns at 450 and above. I'm at 40j and 420 farenheit now and it's ok. Don't feel awesome about it and it tastes like .... so I was thinking of switching to G1 ti. Can someone please help me set a good balance? New to TP obviously.

tehmidcap

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2015
PA
I'm usually between 420-435F and 30-35J when using dual coil RTAs. If you keep it around 420ish you will not get dry hits (even at 50J)... If the wick gets dry you'll just get less and less of a hit until you don't get one at all.

But make sure that your Ni200 is spaced, or it usually will not work properly.

I'm still waiting on Ringlord to ship out my Titanium, it's taking forever.

Reactions: dykealiscious

dykealiscious

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2014
Seattle
I'm usually between 420-435F and 30-35J when using dual coil RTAs. If you keep it around 420ish you will not get dry hits (even at 50J)... If the wick gets dry you'll just get less and less of a hit until you don't get one at all.

But make sure that your Ni200 is spaced, or it usually will not work properly.

I'm still waiting on Ringlord to ship out my Titanium, it's taking forever.
Great. Yes everything is spaced but I think I need a new set of coils. Do you have to space out titanium as well?

vaperXant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Mexico
Bump for answer!
I have an Ipv4 and I find the temp control doesn't work very well, it's entirely possible that my builds are responsible for that however.

I have an IPV4 and the TC works flawlessly, I would check your build method and spacing method.

I assume they use different chips because of their dimensions. Since the IPV4 can be flashed with the same features, the chips likely are very similar

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
As someone who has both the ipv4 and ipv3 li, I prefer the ipv3 li other than that there are currently no silicone sleeves designed for it or its predecessor ipv3, which leaves the mod slippery and unprotected. Picked up a jwrap for it, so once that comes it should be better. Love the solid build and metal casing, feels better-built than the all-plastic ipv4.

-Treeburner

J-Red045

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2015
VapeTown, NM
Yes there is an update coming, I emailed p4you and they just said "soon". Ti mode, 100joules in Ti only, 120 watts in power mode.

I got some titanium coming to give it a try, but as of now I'm still planning to use nickel more as I don't mind working with it.
With the update it actually goes all the way up to 120 joules in TC Ti mode...It just takes awhile to get there(one you get to 100j it may seem like it wont increase any further but just hold down the + button and eventually you'll see it go from 100 to 101+ and so on)...Just fyi....Its awesome though....

(even though rite now with the current update it messes up the memory presets, eg. when you go to Ti mode(maybe Ni too) your memory settings get jacked. As soon as you change memory preset all the presets get reset and if you want to go up you have to manually increase the joules from whatever preset your on(50 being the highest default preset) which takes forever if your trying to get to 120j(mainly because after you get to 100 it increases much slower) and can be a pain since its easy to accidentally press up and change the preset.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I'm currently debating getting the IPV4 or IPV3li.

One of the local shops had some IPV4's in stock and sitting next to a SXminiM the IPV4 looked like its bigger brother. One of the local shops is going to call me when they have both models in stock so I can see which one fits my hands better.

The IPV3li looks smaller however it does not have the rounded edges that the IPV4 has. Ultimately I don't care about the top power level ether provides as I'm only looking for the dual 18650's and TC with a Yihi chip. (and egonormic for my hands)

Until I can hold both I can't decide.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 30, 2014
    New York City
    I'm currently debating getting the IPV4 or IPV3li.

One of the local shops had some IPV4's in stock and sitting next to a SXminiM the IPV4 looked like its bigger brother. One of the local shops is going to call me when they have both models in stock so I can see which one fits my hands better.

The IPV3li looks smaller however it does not have the rounded edges that the IPV4 has. Ultimately I don't care about the top power level ether provides as I'm only looking for the dual 18650's and TC with a Yihi chip. (and egonormic for my hands)

Until I can hold both I can't decide.
    if you're not vaping at 200w... ipv4s is an easy choice... looks much nicer, feels pretty nice in the hands too, the plastic battery cover is only downside imo

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    if you're not vaping at 200w... ipv4s is an easy choice... looks much nicer, feels pretty nice in the hands too, the plastic battery cover is only downside imo

LOL.... I vape at 15-35J in TC mode. Your right, I have no need for all that power but I do have to fit the thing (with a tank) into a pocket somehow. I can fit a SXminiM and my cell phone in my breast pocket, the IPV3li and IPV4 are debatable if they fit. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread