RDA Suggestions for "leak resistant" RDA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd0g

Jan 16, 2015
Michigan
I was just looking for some good recommendations for leak resistant rda's. I am constantly moving around on my job, so I prefer a setup that's small and pocketable. I use a smpl mod. I've got a Veritas, but I'm kind of sick of it, it's a pain to build on and leaks more than my Lethal rda, which is what I prefer to use right now. Just wondering what else is out there that might fit my needs.
Obviously I'm posting this because I prefer drippers to tanks.

Reactions: thetrucker

manthe

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Winter Park, FL, USA
I still love my Veritas. I do a single horizontal coil build in it that's not too tough and with proper cleaning and rewicking, my builds can last for months.

That said, regarding leak-resistant RDAs that are also great performers - I'm really enjoying my Aeolus, Rogue and Marquis. The Marquis is a bit of an 'involved' build process - but top notch flavor. But realistically, for what you're describing, it seems like the Aeolus would be a great fit. Super easy to build on - decent juice well - and VERY leak resistant. I've never had a single leak with it. Mine is the v1 - I haven't tried the v2.

Good luck

Reactions: ThePulver

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
@kd0g -----------------this is a travel friendly device and air hole is high enough so no leaks------affordable-----good vapor----great flavor-

smoking one myself rite now........called a Smok Dripper RBA......................6.99
DeckSmok.jpg

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I was just looking for some good recommendations for leak resistant rda's. I am constantly moving around on my job, so I prefer a setup that's small and pocketable. I use a smpl mod. I've got a Veritas, but I'm kind of sick of it, it's a pain to build on and leaks more than my Lethal rda, which is what I prefer to use right now. Just wondering what else is out there that might fit my needs.

I would recommend the Rogue

Have heard good things about the Sapor, Aeolus, and Darang being leak resistant.

Of course you did not ask about tanks but have to bring up two great flavor RTAs.

1. The Goblin Mini. That is what I use during the day and drip at home.

The Goblin Mini is very compact 29-30 mm not counting the drip tip and 510 pin.

The flavor off this RTA is every bit as good as the Rogue and Freakshow Mini, and better than the Veritas and Magma. The tank holds 3ml juice.

My friend Jim G has an interesting setup a Kayfun Lite Nano with PolyCarbonate Bell cap. That get up tastes almost as good as the Goblin Mini.

Read my Goblin Mini review or the head to head comparison of the Kayfun Lite Nano with Bell cap vs the Goblin Mini.

The Kayfun Nano w Bell cap solves some of the problems with the Goblin Mini but introduces three new ones.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I still love my Veritas. I do a single horizontal coil build in it that's not too tough and with proper cleaning and rewicking, my builds can last for months.

That said, regarding leak-resistant RDAs that are also great performers - I'm really enjoying my Aeolus, Rogue and Marquis. The Marquis is a bit of an 'involved' build process - but top notch flavor. But realistically, for what you're describing, it seems like the Aeolus would be a great fit. Super easy to build on - decent juice well - and VERY leak resistant. I've never had a single leak with it. Mine is the v1 - I haven't tried the v2.

Good luck

I did a horizontal coil on my Veritas.

kd0g

Jan 16, 2015
Michigan
I have dual verticals on my veritas.. Hah, suppose that's why it's such a pain to build on. The coils do last forever, I burn them clean every time I rewick. I think I might check out the rogue. It's small. I have a Derringer, and love it, but it isn't leak proof at all. Doesn't the rogue pull air flow from top holes to under coils?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    The Sapor has a deep well, plenty of room to build on, and air flow on top. As leak resistant as I've found so far. I just dump juice in the top and go to town. I have some issues with spit back, but I blame that entirely on me over juicing it as opposed to any design flaws.

+1 for this.
    I've only used the Sapor but have had zero leaks.

Reactions: Innova

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona

Kdog: you know how the airflow of the n22, Freakshow, and and mad hatter the airflow comes in under the coils then the airflow turns 90 degrees and up and over the coil(s)

The Rogue does the same thing but in reverse. The air flow cones in above the coils turns 90 degrees and comes down and over both coils then the airflow makes a u turn and out the drip tip into your mouth.

The Rogue does not have a single coil option. I made it work in single coil mode with a vape band. Covered the unnecessary airflow and left the airflow in use open.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    The Sapor has a deep well, plenty of room to build on, and air flow on top. As leak resistant as I've found so far. I just dump juice in the top and go to town. I have some issues with spit back, but I blame that entirely on me over juicing it as opposed to any design flaws.

Caboog. It might not be over Dripping.

I had the same problem with the Rogue till I moved the coils out closer to the wall so airflow channels hit the coils properly.

Someone said if the wick is loose in the coil it will pop and spit.

Reactions: caboog78

caboog78

ECF Veteran
    Apr 4, 2015
    Northwest, USA
    Caboog. It might not be over Dripping.

I had the same problem with the Rogue till I moved the coils out closer to the wall so airflow channels hit the coils properly.

Someone said if the wick is loose in the coil it will pop and spit.

Seems legit. Though I have noticed it goes away after I've had a few puffs :) I'll rebuild it an try to spread things out a bit to see if that cuts down on the spitting. It is a bit bothersome... Cheers!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    Seems legit. Though I have noticed it goes away after I've had a few puffs :) I'll rebuild it an try to spread things out a bit to see if that cuts down on the spitting. It is a bit bothersome... Cheers!

Let me know how it goes bh moving the coils our to take better advantage of the airflow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread