Status
Not open for further replies.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
Seems Gearbest is either lying or don't know when they'll have the merchandise to ship.

In the same ticket they've told me.
on 8/27
Please kindly wait 1 week: once we receive the stock from the vendor, we will ship your package out soon

On 8/28
We would like to tell you that we can ship your order out in two weeks.
Bags of douche they are. I need a dna 200 mod now! I got $200 I can blow so what's available now that doesn't have a wait time?

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Bags of douche they are. I need a DNA 200 mod now! I got $200 I can blow so what's available now that doesn't have a wait time?

I believe the HCigar VT200 should be quite imminent. Angel Fire Mods in the UK are saying they expect to receive their shipment 10th September.

That's not quite the 'now' you wanted, but other than waiting for the VapeBoxe from FT, I think that's your only other option besides self build.

Actually why don't you just do that, DIY? You've built several DNA 40s haven't you? The DNA 200 is dead easy - so easy even I did it! A DNA 200 setup was literally my second time ever holding a soldering iron. You could put one together in a few hours I'm sure.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
I believe the HCigar VT200 should be quite imminent. Angel Fire Mods in the UK are saying they expect to receive their shipment 10th September.

That's not quite the 'now' you wanted, but other than waiting for the VapeBoxe from FT, I think that's your only other option besides self build.

Actually why don't you just do that, DIY? You've built several DNA 40s haven't you? The DNA 200 is dead easy - so easy even I did it! A DNA 200 setup was literally my second time ever holding a soldering iron. You could put one together in a few hours I'm sure.
Ya the DNA 30, 40 weren't hard at all to retrofit into other mods I've had or for a few friends mods but the box portion of the build is what stopped me from doing a DIY 200. Haven't found one that I liked and don't really wanna 3D print or cut up a Hammond either. I also want something I can use straight away. I made a little list last night and looks like Hana v200 is in stock. Get a working one first, then I'll build one.

Reactions: TheBloke

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Cancelled mine. Yeah I had it for the coupon code to, just doesn't seem worth it for me to have three DNA 200 devices.

You can never have too many! ;)

Right now I'm on track for eight DNA200s (three built, one being built, parts for three more in various states of order, one VT200 on order) and I think I'll end up with more eventually. The DNA200 is vaping nirvana!

SteveAdams86

Jul 9, 2015
Gloucester UK

Right now I'm on track for eight DNA200s (three built, one being built, parts for three more in various states of order, one VT200 on order) and I think I'll end up with more eventually. The DNA200 is vaping nirvana!
Holy .... and my Mrs went mad when I told her I was getting a vaporshark 200 after she asked me the cost!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Adekastos

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
Jesus what did I just do? I just ordered the VM200:eek:. I'm not excited I'm worried. I dunno if I should cancel or wait and see what kinda skills they have with a Hammond box. I had everything ready to go for a DIY - battery, wire, xt connectors from HK, FDV 510 from Sun vapors, chip from evolv, then found out shapeways isn't expecting the beta case in until the 10th of Sept. Not to mention the wait on HK from China or wherever they are.

EDIT: I know I sed I didn't want a printed box but I got to thinking they ain't so bad and it would give me something to do after work or on the weekend. I think I'm just addicted to getting emails with tracking numbers. I live for looking in my mailbox after work, hoping and anticipating. I'm super stoked to be getting this VM200, even if I did overpay. I can't complain about the cost cause I won $200 on a scratch off lottery ticket yesterday. I can't think of a better way to spend it, might as well be on some vape equipment. Meanwhile in FT land...........did I just give FT a $114 interest free loan for a month while waiting for my VTbox200? LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: dwcraig1

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT

LOL, well I think I am just going to build my next ones.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Holy .... and my Mrs went mad when I told her I was getting a vaporshark 200 after she asked me the cost!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Oh, don't get me wrong...I hear it from my wife all of the time! Luckily I usually stay within budget and buy parts over time so it doesn't hit the balance sheet all at once. Most of my incidentals (510s, screws, wire, batteries, connectors, tools, etc.) have been acquired over time, so the big ticket items like boards and printed enclosures don't look as bad as they might if I were buying everything at once.

If a Vaporshark DNA200 were to hit the checking account tomorrow, I'd definitely get the talk. ;)

Reactions: SteveAdams86

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Well my first purchase from Gearbest has not been great. I realize not all of the problems are due to them as a company, but and probably mostly Vape Cige fault for shipping out crappy qc'd product. So putting aside the shipping delay and only complaining about Gearbest here. All correspondence I've had with them via their ticket system has been terrible. I ask a simple question and get an answer that has nothing to do with my question. They've contradicted themselves on shipping times. Closed a ticket that wasn't resolved. Said they'd send a paypal bill to change shipping then didn't (Then did after I opened a new ticket) but no update on my order after payment. I've requested 3 times to change colors but they haven't answered any of those requests. So at this point I'm not sure if they've changed my color choice or if they've changed the shipping option. For sure will not do anymore pre-sales with them in the future. It's just to difficult to communicate with them.

Adekastos

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2015
Thessaloniki, Greece
I found it impossible to communicate via tickets with gearbest beacause half the time they dont answer, and when they do they answer at my question wrong. I dont know if there is a representative of gearbest here to pm them your questions andeverything else you need from them. But i find it more helpful pm - ing through forums than opening tickets at their site.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
I found it impossible to communicate via tickets with gearbest beacause half the time they dont answer, and when they do they answer at my question wrong. I dont know if there is a representative of gearbest here to pm them your questions andeverything else you need from them. But i find it more helpful pm - ing through forums than opening tickets at their site.

Are you suggesting they have representatives on other forums to PM that you've dealt with directly? If so pm me the forum and contact for Gearbest and I'll give that a try.

Reactions: SteveAdams86

SteveAdams86

Jul 9, 2015
Gloucester UK

Yeah agree with that. I ordered a few bit from there begining of the month, 2 items arrived the 3rd hasnt shown up and they emailed to say its out of stock. It hasnt been updated on the item page to reflect this. Also i emailed them to change the colour of something which they said "ok but expect a delay" basically and i have since emailed them to change this item for another basically the same thing but better and said if be happy to pay the extra and a set of batteries to go with it, no resoonce.

Another company I emailed asking to change another order with them and had no reply at all. So god knows whats going on but of all the chinesse retailers iv dealt with fast tech seem the best how ever iv never needed to raise an issue with them

Adekastos

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2015
Thessaloniki, Greece
Earlier last week i contacted them through their site to ask about about availability of the red/black vtbox200 and then since they didnt answer me until three days later, i pm-ed them the same question and they answered me about an hour later and then i suggested them to come in contact with the manufacturer (vapecige) and to make sure before they receive any mod that they have their current problems fixed (after i explained them what were the problems) or they will get many returns.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
FT have been wonderful in my experience. Stuff ships out very fast, often same day if I order early enough in the Chinese AM. I've only once had a product go into "restocking" and miss its ETA, out of god knows how many products I've ordered in over a dozen orders. And ironically I cancelled the product quickly to let the other items ship and then added it to a new order, only to see it was now in stock only a couple of hours later. It must have been a warehouse mistake, thinking it hadn't arrived when it had. So really I've never had any product delayed beyond the ETA.

And I've had all my tickets answered within 24 hours, which is their stated service level. The 24 hour response is sometimes annoying, eg when I wanted them to change a product that was out of stock for an in-stock item, so it could ship quicker, and it took them 24 hours to respond and then another 24 hours to do it, by which time the other product was now in stock. But those are isolated incidents, and to be fair they warn up front how long these things will take. Given they must be doing 10s of thousands of orders a day, the same level of quick response can't be expected as smaller vendors.

Focal and 3FVape have also both been good, especially Focal. And being much smaller, they do provide that more personal, faster response - you can even talk to Focal's Doris, their number one customer service person, on Skype.

GB I've only heard bad things about so I've never used them. Nor have I used AngelCigs, about whom I've heard almost nothing - neither positive nor negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread