Status
Not open for further replies.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
I just got the Croc JWrap for my SW. I decided to leave the sides silver and not put the wrap on it. Love no more greasy fingerprints.
4b5480ad49eddc88025f212d03ec87e5.jpg

4a2bd624b8e2b00c1d8c89eea06efa43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That does look nice. Looks like a ladies purse.

Reactions: MikeyConti

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Yes, that is how it works for me, which is great for Ni and Kanthal. However, when using my Crown with the SS coils, it goes into temp control mode and I really want just wattage mode. The only way I have figured out how to get this to work is to put on a kanthal build, indicate it is a new coil, and then switch back to the Crown. This seems to trick the SW into thinking it is still running Kanthal, even though I have SS on it.

Using SS with temp control isn't bad, it's just not a smooth vape because of ramp up to the temperature and wattage. For the Crown, I just want it to fire at the wattage I have set.

I definitely agree with @Rymesis -- this thing is definitely quirky at times.

I tricked mine into thinking it was Kanthal but within 5mins it autodetected.. :/

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I just ordered a J-Wrap myself for the Snow Wolf...got the Wood one - Wood Grain Medium

A bit pricy ($18.50), but I found a coupon code (jwraps10) to get 10% off. And free shipping if by USPS non-tracked.

I bought a clear Silicone sleeve from VaporRange for mine. Just in case anyone doesn't know about them.
They should have shipped with them....

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Does anybody else notice their SnowWolf automatically turning on into standby mode? Usually I click it 5 times and see the Logo then it shuts off, press the power button and I see Laisimo then SnowWolf then have to click 5x. Lately I will get it out of my drawer and, it will already be in standby mode draining the batteries? Like I said, usually when i click a button I see all the startup Logos.

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
Does anybody else notice their SnowWolf automatically turning on into standby mode? Usually I click it 5 times and see the Logo then it shuts off, press the power button and I see Laisimo then SnowWolf then have to click 5x. Lately I will get it out of my drawer and, it will already be in standby mode draining the batteries? Like I said, usually when i click a button I see all the startup Logos.
Yes, the device is very finicky for me as well. It sits in front on my computer monitor and once in a while I will see it turn on after it has been sitting for a while. Of course, when I want it to turn on and use it, I have to click a bunch of times. Go figure. It's a great device - a bit heavy - but has quite a bit of power even at lower wattage. I also have issues with it switching in and out of temp mode for my Crown SS (it should always be in wattage mode given its not Ni). But, it is inconsistent. No idea why, and no idea if their new rev fixed these bugs. I tried contacting them to see if they have any plans to allow first models to be upgraded, but they never replied.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Yes, the device is very finicky for me as well. It sits in front on my computer monitor and once in a while I will see it turn on after it has been sitting for a while. Of course, when I want it to turn on and use it, I have to click a bunch of times. Go figure. It's a great device - a bit heavy - but has quite a bit of power even at lower wattage. I also have issues with it switching in and out of temp mode for my Crown SS (it should always be in wattage mode given its not Ni). But, it is inconsistent. No idea why, and no idea if their new rev fixed these bugs. I tried contacting them to see if they have any plans to allow first models to be upgraded, but they never replied.
I just e-mailed them, others said they have had theirs replaced because of this, and it shouldn't be limited by the 30 Day Warranty either!

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
I started a thread asking if I can lock the+/- buttons? no one replied. I am constantly changing settings. it is stupid the buttons protrude if I cannot lock them.
at least mine does not turn on by itself. it is the le.

edit: just did something weird. it was off. I turned it off set to 520f and 36w. when I turned it back on a hour later it was set at 400f and 46w! eh, these Chinese things are not perfect but I enjoy them until they die. I hope this one lasts a few months because like the design. it looks like a custom mod. is heavy but I like that in a mod too. batteries last like crazy. using vtc5. something else odd though it is causing the triton to spit. does not do that on 350j, dna40. I still really like it at the moment.

Last edited:

Jack H

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2014
Kunming, China
I just got my SW and I am trying to figure out a few things. First I built a ni200 3mm spaced coil for my Lemo II. Set it up for 420F @ 40W. I have MXJO IMR 18650's 2500ma 35A new I am using in this thing. Good?
It's close to what I like hit wise, but not perfect for me yet.
So I put it down last night and did not turn it off. this morning, as soon as I fired it, it was up and running, meaning it never went to sleep or locked. It worked like I was hitting on it normally. Why is this? I thought it should lock. The display does turn off after hitting it (10sec).

Also what is the highest temp I can set without burning cotton?
Are my settings good or not?
Battery ok?
Finally, how do I know it is in TC mode? The watts are changing, so I assume it is in TC.

Last edited:

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
I just got my SW and I am trying to figure out a few things. First I built a ni200 3mm spaced coil for my Lemo II. Set it up for 420F @ 40W. I have MXJO IMR 18650's 2500ma 35A new I am using in this thing. Good?
It's close to what I like hit wise, but not perfect for me yet.
So I put it down last night and did not turn it off. this morning, as soon as I fired it, it was up and running, meaning it never went to sleep or locked. It worked like I was hitting on it normally. Why is this? I thought it should lock. The display does turn off after hitting it (10sec).

Also what is the highest temp I can set without burning cotton?
Are my settings good or not?
Battery ok?
Finally, how do I know it is in TC mode? The watts are changing, so I assume it is in TC.
I don't think the newer models auto lock. Mine doesn't do this either. Thank God! That would annoy me to no end.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Adam Belcher

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2015
I tricked mine into thinking it was Kanthal but within 5mins it autodetected.. :/
I've been having a lot of trouble with this issue on my crown tank. I've tried something that seems to be working so far (fingers crossed) it only works with the v1.5 chip tho. You can manually lock resistance with the newer chip, I assumed this was just for temp mode but it also allows you to lock it in power mode. No problems for the last hour or so, which is way longer than its gone before without switching mode. You can tell if you have the newer chip cause when in power mode it will say "power" on the screen. Hope this may help some of you. Manually switching mode as per sig 75w tc would be a much better option IMO. cheers Adam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread