Not open for further replies.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Any recommendations for pure tobacco, no sweet after taste, thanks.

the recipe above is a good one if your looking for pure tobacco taste. Just leave out the sweetener. Although sweetener at 1% isn't really noticable it does give it that extra body and thickness. But if your looking for a drier tobacco taste leave it out.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Golden Cigar:
Inawera Gold Ducat 2.7%
Hangsen Gold and Silver 5%
Hangsen Cigar 5%

Excellent throat / mouth feel and damn tasty! I am going to make another batch and test it with DNB and MTS.
I've never tried the two Hangsen flavors but I have the G&S on my list. I notice you're at 12.7% total flavor there. Are the Hangsen flavors a little weak?

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I've never tried the two Hangsen flavors but I have the G&S on my list. I notice you're at 12.7% total flavor there. Are the Hangsen flavors a little weak?

Give Gold & Silver a shot at %5. Its a very nice vape, and it gets better with age!

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com

I think so. Hangsen definitely aren't super concentrates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Has anyone tried flavorings extracted from tobacco leaves by these two companies?

Extracts
*DIY Naturally Extracted Tobacco, MyVapeJuice, LLC

They are typically mixed at 20-30% and a bit pricy, but according to reviews, they are well worth it.
I am tempted to try the Big Spirit flavor. It is extracted from real cigarette-style tobaccos.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey

I agree. In most cases I find 7% max on hangsen individual flavors are quite good. But 12% total of just tobacco (Combination of the 3 flavors) would be a bit strong. I would have done a ratio of the 3 combined flavors to be no more then 7%. I don't think 7% would be considered weak unless your comparing them to inawera or super concentrates. Inawera seems to be more concentrated and good at 2-3%. Super concentrates are good at 1-3%.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Has anyone tried flavorings extracted from tobacco leaves by these two companies?

Extracts

They are typically mixed at 20-30% and a bit pricy, but according to reviews, they are well worth it.
I am tempted to try the Big Spirit flavor. It is extracted from real cigarette-style tobaccos.

Mothers milk are very similure and a bit cheaper. There flavors are NET based. They also have a very good TA that lands some where in between a virginia and the sweeter bulgaria TA.

Reactions: Dixie1954

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I agree. In most cases I find 7% max on hangsen individual flavors are quite good. But 12% total of just tobacco (Combination of the 3 flavors) would be a bit strong. I would have done a ratio of the 3 combined flavors to be no more then 7%. I don't think 7% would be considered weak unless your comparing them to inawera or super concentrates. Inawera seems to be more concentrated and good at 2-3%. Super concentrates are good at 1-3%.

I have found that Hangsen tobacco flavors at %5 are fine if your willing to wait for the long steep they need. I am vaping today some Hangsen Gold & Silver that I mixed up back in June at %5 and its very flavorful. I agree %12 total flavoring would be too strong unless someone is vaping it in CE5's or protanks. Most of my tobacco mixes be it single flavor or multi flavor mixture I keep to a total of %5 to %7.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago

Extracts

They are extracted tobacco and very good as well. MVJ extracts from known cigars and pipe blends and they are fantastic. Never used the extracts but have had the already made stuff which is just Diane mixing the extracts. I do recall these being reviewed and at what percentage in the Natural Tobacco - Part Duex thread about here....Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux | Page 478 | E-Cigarette Forum

NET.com is one of the better extractors in the business. Clay is a mad scientist the way he comes up with different pairings. Never had the extracts but have had the mixed stuff on site and it is probably some of the best. The big spirit is one of the most popular role your own cigarette blend on the market cause it is just that good.

Just be warned, NET's are rough on coils so expect to be rewicking and dryburn every 4-10 mils. I can't say it's not worth it cause been vaping NET's for over a year now and they made my vape life excellent. It was also the coil issue that brought me over to DIY though as I wanted something to put in a tank and not have to worry about flavor degradation due to coil build up.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
NET.com is one of the better extractors in the business. Clay is a mad scientist the way he comes up with different pairings. Never had the extracts but have had the mixed stuff on site and it is probably some of the best. The big spirit is one of the most popular role your own cigarette blend on the market cause it is just that good.

Thanks for the link. Do you have a link to NET.com ? I type it in the address bar, and nothing comes up. Or maybe you were abbrevating NaturallyExtractedTobacco's site?

As for my coils being clogged, I don't care; it's worth it :)

Last edited:

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Thanks for the link. Do you have a link to NET.com ? I type it in the address bar, and nothing comes up. Or maybe you were abbrevating NaturallyExtractedTobacco's site?

As for my coils, I don't care :)
It's the Naturally Extracted Tobacco Site. NET.com is the abbreviation used to describe them. Forgot which thread I was in :facepalm:

Extracts

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California

OK, You talked me into it. Just placed my order. They offer a sampler pack of three different flavors at a reasonable price - Big Spirit, Organic Spirit and Speaking Spirit. Speaking Spirit, as I understand it, is a little bolder than the other two. The sampler pack is e liquid - not concentrate - although they offer both. I will post the results after going through the dreaded steeping process.

I have several types of tobacco leaves which I plan to extract using some EverClear that someone was nice enough to send me. Thank you very much wherever you are :thumb:

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com

Yeah I'm going to dial it back for the next batch. I like 'em strong, but it really was too much, but the potential is there! Will do 2.5% Gold Ducat, 3% Gold & Silver, 2.5% Cigar, 1.5% DNB, and 0.5% MTS now that I have my DNB and MTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread