• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Sooooo I ordered a cpu ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dope stuff! 90% of my threads have been mostly asking where to get stuff. This will be my 1st DIY as well as a 1st rig. Been vaping my friend's rig, decided to make one myself hahaha. Planning to whip up a parellel unregulated mech mod, simple and beasty, with 18 AWG wires so I can comfortably sub-ohm.

I'm just left with wires, switch, 510 connector and sled. Also looking for something similar to an Altoid tin casing.

BTW, did SLT let you choose the length of the wires before pricing, or is it a fixed 10m etc.? Also wondering if SLT has 18650 sleds, since you got yours from Amazon. And lastly, what the hell is FDV!?!?... hahahaha!

it wont handle your current draw
Cuz I came across this.

From comments section:
3.6v nimh feels like a dead or few hours used lith at 3.6.

Got to use 4 AA, nimh only, for big vape results. Use lowest resistance cart you can find VERTICAL coil, because 4.8v gives you a burned taste on the glass wick of horizontal coil cartomizers.

Build a 2 or 3 wrap micro 24g coil, use cotton as a wick. Use 2.4v two AA nimh in parallel. Don't use springs use copper wires and a high amp switch simple switch on negative NO MOSFET. 2 wrap gives you 24watts at 9-10 amps. Depending on the quaility of NIMH you get. HR6 "stay charge" ... low self discharge are the current BEST. Any brand that is ... they will say so in some manor. Excellent vape experience that last 6-8 hours on a FLAT energy drain curve.

No safety risk except shorts. So build a GOOD mod that will not short or wear out and short. Use a good connector with good rubber orings. Replace adapters over time with worn orings. Then you'll never short. I vape AA and have been doing so for almost 3 years. No ill effect. Vape until no smoke. Charge. Vape until no smoke. Charge. Repeat.

Hard to under volt/over drain AA's. I've dragged a straight wire, 20g from post to post. Attempting to dead short. But nope. It just glows hot and works. No ill effect. So build whatever you want.

Apologies if it's long. Literally copy and pasted.

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
Yea I just read about it, but it is very particular on the type of AA battery. Some will handle the draw just as with 18650 so you got to really research on it.
(on a different note, it's more of the heat safety that i'm concern about)

@ahmadmfz you can use 2x18650 now after the firmware upgrade :X I'm not particularly fond of moving to lipo as of yet

Reactions: ahmadmfz

nuvole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Sillypore
Building my own DNA200. Thinking of using a Hammond case or a 3D printed boxxer design online...anyone here gotten lipo locally?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have be careful with lipo mate. I once puncture one and it swell and heat up like hell...

Reactions: ahmadmfz

javafreak

Aug 13, 2015
Earth
Threads are dated but the latest comment was in Jan this year and still replying to this date. Definitely, parts are being sourced out at this moment. Hope to start asap. Very excited and very curious to see how it'll turn out. :vapor:

Was bored so I tried it. I think it's a little underpowered, but if you use a rocker switch instead you can keep the heat on for 2 ish seconds, it's vapeble.

Gonna move on and try 6/8 double a to see how it goes.

812e6a02be55319ecae691ba424cc4ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WarA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread