Best Setup for Flavor Chasing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordannn15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
I am looking for the best setup for flavor. I don't care how much vapor it produces, I just want maximum flavor. My favorite flavors to vape would be fruity flavors, cereal flavors, and dessert flavors. I like a warm to hot, dense, wet, flavorful vape. I like the shape and size of mech mods but don't mind a box if it would be better. Building coils isn't my favorite thing to do but I will if that is the best/only way to get the vape I want.

Recommend your best setup for flavor chasing, thanks!

Pushbutton

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Vienna, Austria
You will certainly have to build your own coils if the best possible flavor is your goal.

If you are really wanting to take flavor over the top, i suppose you will find your salvation in one of the tiny dripping/squonking atomizers like the Chalice, Cyclone or possibly the new Origen tiny 16 BF (brand new, but great track record for flavorful 22mm drippers) and a few others.

I am sure someone that knows these devices better than me will be able to chime in shortly.

jordansinn

Jun 8, 2014
Ohio, USA
You can go in many directions when looking for flavor. For a mod, I would suggest something that is variable voltage/wattage and able to fire below one ohm(although not necessary). RDAs seem to be the go to for flavor, try and find one with a shorter cap and adjustable airflow. This is to allow you a good amount of fine tuning as you're finding your way. When it comes to coils it seems that the more surface area you have, the better flavor you get, although this is not a hard rule by any means. Try making some micro coils and find out what resistance is the "sweet spot" for your mod. Then you will need your wicking material, there is a lot out there and organic unbleached cotton seems to be the go to. If you don't enjoy cotton you could try stainless steal mesh (research how to build with ss mesh), silica wick, or a few other things

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
It will definitely be in the RDA. A smaller, narrower, reduced top cap/chamber with moderate airflow will produce more flavor due to the reflective heat and more vapor to fresh air saturation than a large, very loose chamber/top cap atty will. Examples would be look at the older IGO W version 1, Helios, Atomic, Derringer, Bambino, also as Pushbutton posted the Chalice, Cyclone, even the old A7, maybe even a Paradigm all share this aspect over say a Patriot, Cerebus, Velocity, Mutation X, Doge, etc. Next will be in your coil, a smaller diameter coil with higher gauge wire, even a twisted pair single coil will pump out flavor like not body's business all day long even in the 1.0 to 1.5ohm range with 28awg twisted on a 2mm or 2.5mm diameter. After all that then it is in the watts, about 25 to 35watts I use personally on a single coil Derringer with a 1.2ohm single twisted 28awg on a 2.5mm, flavor for ever on that bad boy all day =).

Takes practice and experimenting, but definitely look at a reduced chamber RDA for the start, maybe a Paradigm, Vector, even a Tugboat RDA will get up there in flavor, Derringer and Bambino also.

Reactions: Pushbutton

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Thanks for all the info and help so far. Is there a tank or an rta or even an rdta that is really good for flavor? I hate redripping every couple of hits.
There's the catch.
Tanks are great and all for convenience, but in the end, almost all fall short of an RDA.
( a well built genesis tank can get you there, but that's another animal altogether.)

If you really want to flavor chase, a small chamber RDA, built for flavor as suggested above is the answer.

I'll suggest the Origen V2. Really good flavor atty.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Still need to remember that you have your very own set of taste buds, so what I or someone else says is perfect .... might not be for you.
    Another point is that you will never know if you like/dislike "that atty" if you don't try it.
    Lots of help .. aren't I ;)

I've been using the same old A7s for several years now, and I still can't find another atty that produces as good a flavor.
    https://highdesertvapes.com/products/Phoenix{47}A7-Rebuildable-Atomizer.html

add:
    Just looked inside my A7
    DUDE!! Clean that coil! :lol:
    P1010549.JPG

Last edited:

Jordannn15

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2015
    Thanks for the rda suggestions, really looking into the origen v2 and the marquis for vertical coils as they seem better for flavor. I hate redripping so I might opt for a RTA instead. What are some good rtas for flavor? How do I build an actual micro coil? Usually I've been trying to build them with 28g kanthal, 2.4mm id, and about 7 or 8 wraps.

wheelie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 12, 2014
    Ont. Canada
    www.independentont.com
    For a tank from a price stand point and flavor I think the "iSub G" is the best tank on the go. It certainly is no slouch in the vapor department either. Any battery up to 30 watts to power it. Very air draw for lung hits. Turn watts/voltage down and close the air holes to half and good for mouth to lung. Very versatile tank for very cheap. I own a lot of tanks and at .5 it hits hard and remarkable good flavor. CHEERS!

Jordannn15

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2015
    I think I am going to order the aromamizer rdta but before I do has anyone used it? Has any used the big dripper v1/v2 rdta? Also, can someone recommend a regulated box mod that has a centered 510 connection? I plan on getting some 28g kanthal and building micro coils around 1.2-1.8 ohms, hopefully these will be good for flavor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread