Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
My understanding is that it turns black. I covered mine quickly and so can't say for certain. There are a couple of good threads here.
Yeah, was just looking them up, I'll try to find some clear coat soon, but if I don't catch it in time, it'll be okay. She'll just look well loved.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Yeah, was just looking them up, I'll try to find some clear coat soon, but if I don't catch it in time, it'll be okay. She'll just look well loved.
I bought a used copper vein door that was untreated, it looks great on my black anodized grand. There is no trace of copper color left at all, just black...

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Wahoooooooo!!!!!!!!!

usin Torey's smiley while she's tendin to her dad lol
that is certainly a beauty!!! At some point I'll likely get a CV door, so pretty, and easier to clear coat than a whole mod lol Went to get you the link, and saw you were already on the reo roll call.......yur on it!!

Coal, that spider was creepy!! Must be a guy thing

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
So after nearly two years of lusting after these wonderful mods, I finally have one of my own!

Meet Maggie, my copper veined beauty :D
View attachment 496106

Ps, how do I get the button cover to stay snug? ETA - nvm, figured it out.
Resistance was futile Less...nice mod! Put a black RM9 on there bro. You be stylin[emoji13]

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Resistance was futile Less...nice mod! Put a black RM9 on there bro. You be stylin[emoji13]
I've got a vector coming in from focal, going to try my hand at modding it, once I get a dremel. Not too sure about the top airflow though, going to be interesting. I'm also more of a single coil guy but I'm sure I can make it work.

I've got a black bf Velocity, but it's so big, I like the concentrated flavor of small atomizers.

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
So after nearly two years of lusting after these wonderful mods, I finally have one of my own!

Meet Maggie, my copper veined beauty :D
View attachment 496106

Ps, how do I get the button cover to stay snug? ETA - nvm, figured it out.

welcome~!!

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I've got a vector coming in from focal, going to try my hand at modding it, once I get a dremel. Not too sure about the top airflow though, going to be interesting. I'm also more of a single coil guy but I'm sure I can make it work.

I've got a black bf Velocity, but it's so big, I like the concentrated flavor of small atomizers.
I have modded two of them and bought the RM9 from Rob. It was worth the extra dough. Rob's work is second to none. It is fairly easy to mod with a cutter bit on your Dremel. Here is a pic of the slotted center post:
f58f1d2875b443856b0238f096740d0b.jpg

Here is a pic of the 510 pin. I slotted it and shaved it down with the Dremel and grinder bits:
16760756a1199780de7f4b87ffc0daf1.jpg

Here is a pic of Rob's RM9 deck. Note the difference:
055942b1763011fb7fe6ad2e9cbb168f.jpg

The RM9 has a different center post. It also has a squonk needle pin. I am not sure if the Fat Daddy squonker pin is compatable. It my work but would need modding as well.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I have it, ordered them together, but I haven't used it yet. Been too in love with the current set up. When I do I'll be sure to let you know what I think.

I do also have a chalice III clone that I've had for awhile. I like the flavor but not enough airflow for me. My normal builds(0.7-1.0) seemed to be too hot inside that tiny chamber, and the gurgling after a squonk bothered me.

Reactions: Debadoo

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
No gurgling with the rm2 cause it drains well. Hard part building on it is knowing where the air hole will line up with the cap off.. must check before hand to make sure you know where u want the coil placement.

Twisted or parallel is awesome on the rm2. Just keep the coil real close to the side right in front of thst air hole and don't block the juice hole with your wick and your all set.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
No gurgling with the rm2 cause it drains well. Hard part building on it is knowing where the air hole will line up with the cap off.. must check before hand to make sure you know where u want the coil placement.

Twisted or parallel is awesome on the rm2. Just keep the coil real close to the side right in front of thst air hole and don't block the juice hole with your wick and your all set.
Oh yeah, over a year of studying pics in the micro coil thread has prepared me well for the rm2 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread