Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
So after nearly two years of lusting after these wonderful mods, I finally have one of my own!

Meet Maggie, my copper veined beauty :D
image.jpg

Ps, how do I get the button cover to stay snug? ETA - nvm, figured it out.

Last edited:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Very nice, welcome to REOvil!

That Derringer cap should patina nicely and pair well(more so than it already does) with the copper vein, if you want it too.
Yeah, it's a little bright right now, but it's not a bad match up. I have a non bf ss derringer that I swap the cap out with if I feel like changing it up. I'll try out the RM2 I picked up later as well, though I'm sure I'll need to drill the air hole a little.

Oh, and I stopped being lazy and looked up how to get the button cover to stay.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I totally missed your question about the button!!

I need to pick up a Derringer one of these days and try one.
It's a great flavor atty that puts out a ton of vapor too. I'm mainly a single coil vaper, MTL, but I like decent airflow so it checks all of my boxes. Also really easy to build on.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Zowie! That's a great looking mod you have there. Have the same now for four days and really like it. Got it with an RM8, but have an RM2 on the way.
I already knew I liked the derringer, actually modded mine for bf to use on my smokeless owl, but I did a pretty bad job of it so I thought I'd get one done by the professionals.

BTW I'm one of those mythical cases of someone who tried to the clones just to make sure I'd like the real thing, and as soon as I was able I bought an authentic. Already eyeing a woodvil though I might wait to see what new mod Rob is cooking up. I like the idea of the side button, and I like the look of the wood, but I'm a little lazy in the care department so I'd hate to ruin a beautiful wood mod.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I have the cooper vein, it's a beauty. Have you read the threads on protecting it? It will age quickly and cannot be recovered. I put a clear jwrap on mine and coated the parts that weren't covered with a super nail polish that Mrs CMD-Ky has. It helps to warm the REO just a little with a hair dryer when putting the wrap on.
If you decide to get the RM2 take a peek at SXD's sticky on care and feeding.
Welcome!
:toast:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I have the cooper vein, it's a beauty. Have you read the threads on protecting it? It will age quickly and cannot be recovered. I put a clear jwrap on mine and coated the parts that weren't covered with a super nail polish that Mrs CMD-Ky has. It helps to warm the REO just a little with a hair dryer when putting the wrap on.
If you decide to get the RM2 take a peek at SXD's sticky on care and feeding.
Welcome!
:toast:
I've read a little bit about it, are there any pics of what it looks like when it hasn't been protected? I like the look of it now, but I also like the natural look of a good patina too.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I've read a little bit about it, are there any pics of what it looks like when it hasn't been protected? I like the look of it now, but I also like the natural look of a good patina too.

My understanding is that it turns black. I covered mine quickly and so can't say for certain. There are a couple of good threads here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread