11896073_906335879437925_8599952388825812097_n.jpg

Eric

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
This is all a great thing. You know Provari had the right idea with their latest release. It has about a 16mm connector with a 510 adapter. The 510 is antiquated and far too small for our application. It was designed for a carto not a 22mm atty. Whatever their new tech they have designed will work. I hope it all catches on, they deserve to have a big place in the TC game.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
bluh. Not enough power to be useful for anything but their tank pretty much.
I disagree. If you dont build so low that your mod cant power the coils its not a problem. Most people dont come anywhere near using the capable voltage output of their device. Mine range from 6-9.5 with a max on one device at 75w. Build higher ohm builds and use the available power to heat your coil like you would running super sub ohm. People started subohm because mech mods are underpowered. Im not saying its wrong, but you can have good results from 50w.

It may not be cool enough though lol

mastiffhound

Jun 8, 2015
bluh. Not enough power to be useful for anything but their tank pretty much.

What kind of e juice/liquid are people vaping above 50w that isn't going to taste burnt? I'm not being sarcastic, I actually want to know. Anything above 20w on my iSub G with .5 ohm coils tastes really burnt and terrible. That's with pumpkin pie or caramel apple from Mt Baker Vapor and Eclipse from Space Jam (tobacco, caramel, vanilla) or a vanilla tobacco flavor e liquid that my local B&M sells. I started at 22w and man it was burnt tasting, now I'm vaping at 13w with caramel apple which is perfect for me.

I'm wondering if my taste buds are more sensitive (less cooked?) because I smoked as a secondary when using my mint Skoal wasn't easy. Vaping has replaced both but I just can't figure out what folks are using at 25w and up?

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
What kind of e juice/liquid are people vaping above 50w that isn't going to taste burnt? I'm not being sarcastic, I actually want to know. Anything above 20w on my iSub G with .5 ohm coils tastes really burnt and terrible.

The brief explanation is that increased air flow and wicking allows vaping at higher power without juice burning. Higher power vaping increases the volume of vapor produced. Some people prefer that type of vape, some people don't.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I have 2 VTRs that I use every day. I have been using one of them for almost 2 years. I just got an XvoStick clone from 3FVape. Like a tiny VTR. Only 40 watts but has TC. Chip is a clone of the evolve DNA40. I am really like it. Fasttech just came out with one as well. Says it is not TC but it is.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Both of my VTRs bit the dust. I haven't really tried getting a DNA40 into one of them, but may do that. I did build my own version of a VTR, low tank and DNA40, out of a commercially available extrusion. Doesn't look as nice s a VTR/commercially produced one, but it sure has become my all day device unless I'm out working in the yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread