82jougt.jpg

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I don't see an exacto knife in anyone's mix and it's irreplaceable to help space coils out evenly, if anyone even spaces them out a bit anymore. Also a syringe if you have to drain the juice from about any tank to rebuild.

Yes, both are very necessary items. Exactos are also great for removing the delrin insulators on my GUS and GP MODS. I never thought about using it for coil adjusting.

Reactions: SkvLTD

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
I mostly use the blade in a rotating motion to get the initial spacing in there, mostly for the bottom of the coil ring, then fine tweezers to pinch the tops back together and whatnot. Blade also helps with adjusting the whole coil evenly to space it the way you want from the posts/deck.

Reactions: anavidfan

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I don't see an exacto knife in anyone's mix and it's irreplaceable to help space coils out evenly, if anyone even spaces them out a bit anymore. Also a syringe if you have to drain the juice from about any tank to rebuild.

For coil spacing, I use one of those tiny ubiquitous bluedrivers... or, one of the points of my ceramic tweezers (one of the points is still sharp, though the other one was broken off when I received it in the mail!).

I must have about 50 syringes, in various sizes. They're what I use for mixing my ejuice. Now that I've gone RDA-only, I don't need a syringe for emptying it, I just turn it over and dump it in the sink.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Why I really love Billow series - no need to empty whatsoever to access the deck, thus it's also ready-to-rock after any service.

That IS a good quality for a tank. I got sick of having to empty my kayfun before doing anything to it. But my ADV is EXTREMELY gunky, so I had to go to an RDA anyway, to keep from wasting so much juice -- and though my Achilles hold a lot, for an RDA (2.5ml), if I REALLY need to dump it, for whatever reason (browning, need to dry-burn/rewick, etc), it's never more than a few drops.

But with kayfuns and others like that... a syringe is really the best way to do it. :thumb:

Andria

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Wow...makes me mad all those I have thrown away! Not any longer! Excellent!

Ditto, I had a bunch of mint tins that I collected for years, no reason except I felt bad for throwing them away.

I just gave them away to a friend for a craft project.... Now to start again !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread