Aromamizer RDTA by Steam Crave

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Hey all...I'm not sure if I've found the 'cure' to the coil-airflow alignment. I've tested this on 3 consecutive times after cleaning the tank and it seems to work well. Just need more input for others to see if this just apply to my tank or if it works for others as well.

It's nothing magical...just ensure that the top part (circled in the pic) is tighten as much as possible. Then, also ensure that the top and middle section (between the glass) is tighten sufficiently (not super tight as you might crack the glass). After doing this, my airflow seems to be perfectly align to the coil.

The hard part is...the top part is difficult to be tighten as when you tighten the top+middle section, you have the tendency to loosen it. Hope I'm making sense...lol

Try it out and let me know :)

rdta.jpg

I don't think so. How far the metal piece below the glass screws into the 510 base determines airflow alignment. That and the orientation of the build deck once tightened.

Also, the 510 base and build deck orings that seal the tank bottom piece do not effect the airflow position. They actually squeeze inward to seal so the contact point of the tank bottom piece and the 510 base is metal to metal.

The fix is to sand the bottom of the tank. It's easy and fast. Others here who have tried it have had an instant success.

BTW, if you change build decks it may change airflow alignment.

Last edited:

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
40MG?!?! Gag

I'd be wandering around behind the little animals at 20mg . . . at 40mg I'd just have to sit down and let them wander around me.

I really have a super high tolerances to everything including nicotine but I dropped it to about 32MG and its still a little much. I dont want it feeling like taking my first dip LOL face turning green type situation.

But question the reason for the nicotine intensity on the aromamizer is because its a dripper right? Not cause the velocity style deck or anything?

Cause im wondering I got an OBS Crius and have a Cthuluhu V2 that will be here soon that have velocity style. (and are supposed to produce big clouds as well but I dont know if its aromamizer type cloud production or intensity) Would I go back to what I am accustomed to on the Crius and the Cthulhu? (I am used to vaping 40MG on a Orchid V6 and a Billow V1)

Also here is a few pics from my first build. Some 28G 316L SS Vertical Coils and Rayon Wick(came out to 0.5 Ohm) Please noone try to emulate my designs!!! I am posting these for some constructive criticism. (Im not that good of a rebuilder in general LOL)

coil pic 28G SS 316L_01.jpg coil pic 28G SS 316L_02.jpg coil pic 28G SS 316L_03.jpg coil pic 28G SS 316L_wicked with rayon & sat_01.jpg coil pic 28G SS 316L_wicked with rayon & sat_02.jpg

Additionally anyone think I can fit this 22G wire in the Aromamizer?
304 SS 22G.jpg 22G 316L SS.jpg

I had my doubts before but I just got this nice coil jig in today called an eagle force which is basically the same thing as a kuro coiler for guys like me that are challenged making even wraps at times.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Its how much power you're running that largely effects the "nic punch". But, your build can effect throat hit as well. And to some extent, so can atty design. I immediately dropped from 12mg to 6mg when I got my first RTA, a KFL. That KFL really concentrates nic for a single coil tootle puffer.

Reactions: freedogg

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
View attachment 509210 View attachment 509211

I had my doubts before but I just got this nice coil jig in today called an eagle force which is basically the same thing as a kuro coiler for guys like me that are challenged making even wraps at times.

I don't see why not. I have a 7 wrap vertical 22g kanthal a-1 dual coil build in mine right now.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I really have a super high tolerances to everything including nicotine but I dropped it to about 32MG and its still a little much. I dont want it feeling like taking my first dip LOL face turning green type situation.

But question the reason for the nicotine intensity on the aromamizer is because its a dripper right? Not cause the velocity style deck or anything?

Cause im wondering I got an OBS Crius and have a Cthuluhu V2 that will be here soon that have velocity style. (and are supposed to produce big clouds as well but I dont know if its aromamizer type cloud production or intensity) Would I go back to what I am accustomed to on the Crius and the Cthulhu? (I am used to vaping 40MG on a Orchid V6 and a Billow V1)

Also here is a few pics from my first build. Some 28G 316L SS Vertical Coils and Rayon Wick(came out to 0.5 Ohm) Please noone try to emulate my designs!!! I am posting these for some constructive criticism. (Im not that good of a rebuilder in general LOL)

View attachment 509203 View attachment 509204 View attachment 509205 View attachment 509206 View attachment 509208

View attachment 509210 View attachment 509211

Your build looks ok but I would trim the wicks about 1/8" above the coil. All that extra wicking on top can interfere with coil cooling airflow.

Reactions: freedogg

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
thanks I think I need to get some sandpaper now to get the airholes to line up. I think that may be holding the potential cloud production back alittle bit. I tried just making sure it was screwed together real tight or whatever like some guy suggested but there still misaligned. really like the big build deck of this thing. After last night building the aromamizer tonight I tried to build on a OBS Crius. That deck is so tiny compared to the aromamizer. This velocity style decks are so much easier to mount the coils, the wicking though especially on this Crius and Im sure the Cthuluhu V2 once I get that in are challenging at first.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Chris....you can "un-screw" the tank a little to line up the air holes until you have the time for the sanding trick and as cigatron stated, get rid of some of that cotton on top. Out of all the builds I've tried in the Aromamizer I like the verticals the best.

I haven't tried a vert build yet. Can't see the advantage to it. It's harder to wick verts, only feeds juice from one end and the airholes are "holes" not vertical slots so it amazes me that it would produce better flavor. Could be that your wattage wasn't turned up high enough or airflow not closed down enough to produce high enough coil temps for great flavor. Horz coils have two wick tails and provide more juice to the coil which necessitates more power.

ATM the flavor is off the rails with my spaced 2.8mm x 7 24g ka1 horz coils but I'll give verts a try on my next build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread